Can high heels be contagious? i hope so

jdmonto

I work in a university, we don't attend public, and most people here are former students who belog to a research group (me included) so clothing is very relaxed here, i litteraly use the same clothing i used as a student so women here usualy wear sneakers, ballerina flats, and sometimes sandals, but it´s all very casual. That means that a high heel is almost unheard of, but a couple of weeks ago we had a very interesting event: A student graduated, and this simple fact seems to have an impact in her wardrobe, maybe she got heels as gifts, maybe she just liked how they felt in the graduation ceremony, but whatever the case she came in heels to the year´s end party (something uncommon like i said, but specially for her). The week after the party, she came to the office wearing heels, this even raised some comments, as it was strange (all friendly however, we have some pretty cool people here). That week two other females in the office came to work with heeled boots, or sandals, not very high, but definately noticeable (and they never came to work in heels before) And now the original trend setter has come to work, on different days, using different high heeled shoes (i´m really happy about it, because it´s a very refreshing change, and quite frankly the heels make her look very good and do wonders for her figure), i´m not sure if the other females are curious, jealous, or what is the case, but i´m really happy to see more heels in the office and hope the trend becomes more popular.

• 1 month later...

I work in a university, we don't attend public, and most people here are former students who belog to a research group (me included) so clothing is very relaxed here, i litteraly use the same clothing i used as a student so women here usualy wear sneakers, ballerina flats, and sometimes sandals, but it´s all very casual.

That means that a high heel is almost unheard of, but a couple of weeks ago we had a very interesting event:

A student graduated, and this simple fact seems to have an impact in her wardrobe, maybe she got heels as gifts, maybe she just liked how they felt in the graduation ceremony, but whatever the case she came in heels to the year´s end party (something uncommon like i said, but specially for her).

The week after the party, she came to the office wearing heels, this even raised some comments, as it was strange (all friendly however, we have some pretty cool people here).

That week two other females in the office came to work with heeled boots, or sandals, not very high, but definately noticeable (and they never came to work in heels before)

And now the original trend setter has come to work, on different days, using different high heeled shoes (i´m really happy about it, because it´s a very refreshing change, and quite frankly the heels make her look very good and do wonders for her figure), i´m not sure if the other females are curious, jealous, or what is the case, but i´m really happy to see more

If I may ask are you going to follow in their trend and wear some heels as well, I dare you.

If I may ask are you going to follow in their trend and wear some heels as well, I dare you.

Lol, my heels are strictly indoors only, so no i will not follow, so far the only not-forum person who knows i wear heels is my girlfriend and the salesgirl of the store where i bought my last pair of heels.

For the time being i will just enjoy the sound of the heels in my workmates, sadly only the girl who started with the heels keep using them now, but she wears them often, so i don't really complain.