Heels belonging to a friend you always wanted to wear, did you get the chance?

MyKeyG

When I lived in Dublin I was friends with a very nice Australian couple. The wife often wore these black leather knee high, heeled boots. She would wear them over her trouser legs whenever she went out showing them in all their glory and they almost became an obsession. After about a year in Ireland her husbands Visa was withdrawn (why I don't know he was a very talented programmer) and they decided to give up their appartment to travel around Europe returning back to Dublin intermittantly to sort out the red tape. We had a spare room in our rented house and I told them they could leave their main baggage there and use the room as they travelled from and to Dublin. When they were ready to leave for Australia he gave me a whole bunch of techinical stuff that he thought I might use and also a box of various clothing and personal items they had to choose to leave behind. They asked if I would chuck them out. Yes you guessed it. Those beautiful high heel boots were in the box. I thought my head would explode, it was one of those situations you've convinced yourself can never possibly happen and then it did. I told myself 'are these sexy boots actually going to become mine?' I said 'of course I'll dump them, but why the clothes?' and she said 'oh these are what we bought for the Irish weather'. When I moved apppartment to live on my own a few weeks later I would come home from work and put them on every single evening. I still have them and while they're not necessarily the sexiest in my collection, the fact that I admired them for so long and now get to wear whenever I like makes them that extra little bit special.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This is actually how it all started. A friend of mine always had huge chunky platforms and I she always raved about loving to wear them AND the fact that she had huge feet (size 12's just like me!). So one day she just asked me to try so I did. And the rest is history!

Back about 20 years or so ago, one of my GF's was really into high heels. She had multiple pairs, colors, and styles and I am now hard pressed to remember all she had. She wore a size 10 and at the time I could squeeze into an 11. We were playing around one evening and she dared me to try on her well worn, 4" black patent leather pumps, which I worshiped, and which I promptly did! She was shocked that I could not only get them on but that I could walk almost as well as she could in them; beginner's luck I think I told her. That led to a very memorable evening and others to follow...but that's another story.

Hi MyKeyG, I see you are a new member your very welcome, its nice to see another member from Ireland. Had you ever worn / admired high heeled boots before this or was it the start of something new for you ?