Looking for designer shoes as a present

ZapoTeX

Dear All!

I'd like to buy a pair of designer sandals as a present for my girlfriend. I have looked at present and past collections of Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Louboutin and Giuseppe Zanotti and I have not found what I was looking for.

I'm looking for a very simple design: black, purely made of sole and lateral straps (with "lateral" I mean running around the foot, I don't like a "vertical strap" running along the foot from ankle to toes).

I like the Jimmy Choo Mitsu, but they are not available in black. I like the Louboutin DV and this pair of Sergio Rossi, but I'd like to have them withouth diamonds/rhinestones.

Based on the three examples, now you know what I'm looking for. Very basic design strappy sandal. Any help finding them?

Thank you so much! I wish all of you a wonderful new year and a ton of fun celebrating with your families and friends!

Zapo

PS: I'm not sure whether this should have been posted here or in the "High Heels Wanted" section. However, when I try to post there I get a technical problem, then I decided to post here. My sincere apologies if I broke some of the rules of this forum

Maybe you should take a look a The Outnet. They have Louboutin DVs. check for the size, any way. I don't know if all sizes are avaliable.

I bought my Brian Atwood Nicos there last January.

Maybe you can get Jimmy Choos Indias at net a porter also.

Sites are:

www.theoutnet.com

www.net-a-porter.com

Thanks so much Majo!

In the meantime, I followed the advice from Pussyinboots and I googled for the brands she suggested. For reasons I can't explain, googling for them also gave me these Ralph Lauren Aela Sandals

They are basically a copy of the Jimmy Choo Mitsu, but they are available in black!!! EXACTLY what I'm looking for, but...

...I was looking for a 5'' heel and I'm happy to settle for a 4'', but those Ralph Lauren are hardly more than 3''!!!!!!! :)

It feels like shoe designers are doing it on purpose! I found everything I want, but not in the same pair!

Thanks again for the generous help! I'll check the online links posted by Majo!

Have a great new year!

Zapo

• 1 month later...

Yahoo!!!!!!!

After endless search, I finally found them!

I was inspired by a post by Pussyinboots in the thread "Your favorite designer". The post was basically about Louboutin sandals being overrated and Gianmarco Lorenzi being awesome.

I'm not sure about durability and comfort, because my girlfriend (and also the previous ones) had no GL shoes, but in terms of matching my design tastes, Gianmarco Lorenzi is indeed spectacular. After looking for the pair of sandals I had in mind for literally months, googling for Gianmarco Lorenzi for 2 minutes found me not one, but two shoes that totally meet my criteria!

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/footwear/item10034941.aspx?cur=USD&source=shopstyle

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/devilwears/RENZI%20284603%20SPONGY%20NERO/IMG_6665-1.jpg?t=1209781840

I think the first are a little prettier, but they seem to be sold out in that shop.

Can anybody help me find them? Or maybe tell me their "technical name", as "Gianmarco Lorenzi Leather Strappy Sandals" does not give anything on Google?

Thanks so much for all your help and thanks to my countryman Gianmarco Lorenzi for making the shoes I want!

Yahoo!!!!!!!

After endless search, I finally found them!

I was inspired by a post by Pussyinboots in the thread "Your favorite designer". The post was basically about Louboutin sandals being overrated and Gianmarco Lorenzi being awesome.

I'm not sure about durability and comfort, because my girlfriend (and also the previous ones) had no GL shoes, but in terms of matching my design tastes, Gianmarco Lorenzi is indeed spectacular. After looking for the pair of sandals I had in mind for literally months, googling for Gianmarco Lorenzi for 2 minutes found me not one, but two shoes that totally meet my criteria!

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/footwear/item10034941.aspx?cur=USD&source=shopstyle

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/devilwears/RENZI%20284603%20SPONGY%20NERO/IMG_6665-1.jpg?t=1209781840

I think the first are a little prettier, but they seem to be sold out in that shop.

Can anybody help me find them? Or maybe tell me their "technical name", as "Gianmarco Lorenzi Leather Strappy Sandals" does not give anything on Google?

Thanks so much for all your help and thanks to my countryman Gianmarco Lorenzi for making the shoes I want!

'Gianmarco Lorenzi' do indeed make some gorgeous strappy sandals.......precisely how they should be - just strap, heel and sole.

Take a look on EBay Germany (www.ebay.de). There are a few Suppliers there who stock GML heels regularly - and who will Ship Worldwide as well.

I have a couple saved in my 'Favourite Sellers'. I'll take a look and get links for you.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"