900th Registered Member

I just noticed that the forum has registered it's 900th member. I think that's a milestone worthy of comment!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wow, 900 members and yet only 545 have posted at least 1 message in this forum. I can't understand why 355 joined a forum they have an interest in, and yet not post a comment, opinion, or reply. For those who are shy, posting does not reveal anyone's identity or location.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I've seen a few spam postings that were quickly deleted by the moderators... perhaps some of these silent members had a one post that was killed. On the other hand, some people may have thought that you needed to register in order to view the postings.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I just sat around and didn't join for the longest time. I'm sure that's the case with some people. And if you look at the members list there are tons of people with 0 posts. Either they're doing what Yamyam said or they signed on and forgot about this place :lol:

I wish I was a size 10

• 1 month later...

I have only 15 messages to go to get to 2500, and I am sure I can comment on enough threads to get there today. :( So off I go, I suppose. Monumental numbers everywhere. This site truly is breaking ground, making monuments, and becoming something important to the high heeled community on the net. May we continue on for a very, very long time.

• 1 month later...

In August 2003 Bubba set up this thread to commemorate the 900th member. Well, here we are in November 2003 having surpassed the 1,000 mark - 1,056 to be precise! In fact, this thread ought to be re-titled accordingly! "Magnificent", I thought. Ever since the 1,000 milestone was passed, I have been thinking what a wonderful achievement that is for our high heel community. But how complacent can I get! Last week on the radio, they were interviewing someone from (wait for it!) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .THE CRANE-SPOTTERS SOCIETY! Astonishingly, as well as hoards of earnest anoraks becoming train-spotters and plane-spotters, further earnest hoards of anoraks have become CRANE-SPOTTERS! Don't believe me, huh? Well, they have their own website! But you haven't heard the worst bit yet! Believe it or not, they have OVER TWO AND A HALF THOUSAND MEMBERS!!!! AAAAAAaaaaargh! The shame of it - the sheer humilation! How will we ever live it down? Just think, the total membership of our beloved high heel cyber-community knocked into a cocked hat by something as unbelievably naff and mundane as a CRANE-spotters society! I've heard everything now! Are cranes, hoists, winches and derricks really more universally alluring that high heels? The sheer shame and misery of it! Woe is me! How will I ever restore my zest? From a mortified Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan we live and learn I first heard of the crane spotters society years ago, but always thought it was cranes they were spotting not cranes. Yep I mean the flying type not the grounded type. So I live and I learn. Jeff

Well,have taken the plunge for my 1st post. Its great there are now over a thousand of us,its the first place i've found where i feel normal! Can't wait for the next heel meet cause if i'm around i've gotta go! and with firefoxes help i may well get to meet some of you guys :( Only problem is i can only do London meets for now so i'm gonna have to wait :(

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Welcome Bladerunner! As the co-ordinator of the recent Heel-Meets (in fact we had the Birmingham one only yesterday) , I certainly hope you can join us on the meets whenever possible. It'll go quiet from now on until after the Christmas period, and then the next one will be the Euro Heel-Meet in Paris on the weekend of 8th February. Can you manage that one? Keep you eye on the "Real Life Meetings" section for further info. on that and other proposed meets. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi heelfan,won't being going to the paris meet still to get myself a passport yet! But i'm hoping that a meet might be arranged to fit in with the january sales.Due to the usual pressures of life only london meets would suit me.I shall do my best to keep checking in.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!