Musings about fetish origins

AZShoeNut--there was thread I started on here about childhood origins of heeling: The Drama of the Gifted Child: the roots of childhood on adult heeling.

According to Piaget's theories of child development, children do not understand concrete logic until the age of six. Most of what they learn is based on sensory perception, motor activity, and emotion based learning. They intensely emotionalize everything.

Feelings which get deeply emotionalized get embedded on a cellular level into our bodies. There is growing scientific support that childhood events get programmed into our bodies on a neurological level simply because they are so well emotionalized. The events of youth become so deeply ingrained into our physiologies, they seemingly become permanent directors of our future behaviors...until we take ownership of our lives that is. These feelings based on false beliefs about what happened often later become the false beliefs that guide our adult actions.

I've also been able to pinpoint my reasons for wearing heels back to the age of about 2.5-3. I've also realized that independent of that insight, heels are just FUN to wear regardless. There are enough reasons to wear them independent of what happened in my youth, that I'll still wear pumps, boots, and wedges for as long as I can.

Good luck to you in whatever path you choose.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

[quote=kneehighs;

I've also been able to pinpoint my reasons for wearing heels back to the age of about 2.5-3. I've also realized that independent of that insight, heels are just FUN to wear regardless. There are enough reasons to wear them independent of what happened in my youth, that I'll still wear pumps, boots, and wedges for as long as I can.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 11 months later...

This is the thoughts and feeling of many of the men here at High Heel Place, including myself. I wear high heels (almost always 5" stiletto high heels) in public with my male clothing. And you are so correct, it is attitude and the way you carry yourself with confidence while wearing high heels in public. I welcome you, as a new member, and hope to hear more of your thoughts and opinions in the future.

sorry for my late reply. Nearly a year and a half on I am much more experienced in the public wearing of high heels and the design of them, now they are a daily part of my life. I have lots of stories to tell :)