seems to be more men than women

timtastic

It seems like this site has a lot more men that wear heels than women. Are there many men that just like how women look in heels and dont like to wear them. I really like heels on women but would not like to wear them myself Is that classed as strange I just always have I cant explain why

Yes, I am guessing this site is pretty much about 10:1 on the men to women ratio, in fact it is probably higher than that. A main reason I think being, women can be rather open about heels to anyone they want to talk to honestly, and would have little desire to come to an online forum to talk about heels, and perhaps have far less eventful situations to discuss when it comes to heels than a man would. For men who admire heels, it is not so easy to talk to a friend or relative about such things, and this is really a great forum for talking openly about it, to get advice and thoughts from others with the same experiences and who face the same things you do. There are a wide spectrum of male heel lovers here, most of them are straight, some are not, but they range from those that just like to see a woman in heels (as you do), to men that wear them in private only, and men that wear them in public. Some do only heels integrated with normal mens clothing, some wear a bit more of the feminine items than just heels, and some are complete crossdressers. Anyway, welcome to HHP (although, it looks like you actually joined last year), enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the reply, What you said makes a lot of sense the fact that women dont feel like they have to hide their love of heels at all. I do think its hard for men as you say its not an easy thing to talk about plus if you have a girlfriend that does not wear heels as I have had in the past its hard to say it would be nice if they did.

I'm like you, timtastic. That is to say, I love to see elegant, high heels on a woman, but I don't feel the urge to wear heels myself. OK, from time to time I might wonder what it would be like, but it's not really what I want to do. From reading the posts I get the notion that most of the guys here are heel wearers, which leaves me feeling a little out of things at imes. But I persevere :-)

I have to say I echo timtastic on this. I am a dyed-in-the-wool high heel & stocking fetishist...but NOT on men. My fetishes are from the standpoint of desiring and admiring these things as worn by women. I understand that for what I find to be an alarming number of men, the desire is to wear these items...to each his own as they say, I just wish there were more men here who represented a more classical love of heels, that as the admiring viewer, the lucky fella who catches a glimpse of a gorgeous ankle and a flexible foot teetering on tiny stilettos. As stated though, it is likely the fact that women don't need to seek a 'safe' place to discuss heels that has established them in such low numbers on sites such as this...realistically, we all know that many many women are obsessed with heels, it's joked about in popular culture every day. It's just too bad we don't have more of them here so we could enjoy their fetishes, fantasies, stories and pictures more directly.

This is a point which is raised often on this forum. It is a fact (I should imagine) that a very large percentage of the world's heel wearing males are members here. However, if you were to count the percentage of heel wearing females who are even aware that this site exists you will find that it is tiny, much less than 0.01%. This is because it never occurs to most women to discuss heel wearing any more than it ever occurs to men to discuss wearing trainers. There are guys that do this but as a percentage of the men in the world who wear them the percentage is tiny... See what I mean?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hm... The demographic argument is fine as far as it goes... But like Tim and the others commenting here, heels per se have an allure for me only when they're worn by a woman I admire and desire. We'll never know how many people of either sex visit this site expecting it to be a zone of appreciation of and for high-heeled women, and then never return. I certainly didn't expect the site to be a place of men wearing heeled shoes! The number of women who post/comment outside the specific 'Girls Only' forum is tiny. That says something decisive about their preferences, I think?

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

I don't know what caused the idea that male heelers weren't interested in seeing women wear heels. These occasions make our day as we cherish the speciality upon the beauty before us and await the next vision.

I'll try to make this as clear as possible:

"This forum is not here to compete for the wearing of high heels with women, nor are we out to take heels away from women".

We simply want to wear our choice of high heels publicly as males with the attire we feel comfortable in. The apparel that men have to select from is hardly any choice at all. The wardrobes men use to have before society took advantage of men's laziness and naivety of loosing their freedom to choose their attire, had more pizazz and many of the same footwear choices women had then, even heels.

We encourage women to join us in promoting this equality endeavor.

I love to see women in sexy heels. I DO like to wear extreme high heels, but I've never worn heels in public and I may never do that. So, it is really up to the individual...I don't think there is a "norm" involved with it; some of us admire, some of wear, some of us do both.

I'm a strange one. I'm a guy who likes to see a sexy woman in heels (and I think they are sexier for it), I'm a guy who likes to wear heels. I'm also a woman who likes to wear heels, in fact I nearly always wear them when in female mode.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Not so strange at all Dr. Shoe! I'm with you up to the being a girl part, but there are literally millions of guys who like to dress in gal mode. I will admit that while in my 20's I did go to a halloween party dressed as a woman with 4" spiked heels and a long evening gown and totally made up by my girlfriend. Two guys at my girlfriend's cousin's party asked her cousin who I was and inquired as to whether or not I was in a relationship! When she told them I was a he, they got embarrassed and left the party quietly. That was it for my TV career though, but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit I was actually flattered! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I enjoy seeing a woman wearing high heels. I enjoy wearing high heels and wear them in public. Before I discovered and joined this site, I thought I was of a very, very small minority of men who loved wearing high heels, and especially wearing them in public. Dr. Shoe has a very good point about women discussing shoes with each other or in a forum such as this. High Heel Place for me has been like joining a club and meeting new friends who enjoy the same thing that I enjoy and enjoy sharing stories and opinions concerning high heels. Probably there are more women in the world who wear high heels as opposed to men. But, I have discovered and am still amazed by how many men all over the world enjoy viewing and wearing high heels and sharing their adventures and stories with others. High heel Place has been and still is a fun and wonderful experience for me.

I still remember how relieved I was when I found Firefox and then Jenny on their original boards for every reason you've just stated. It was one of the best nights on the internet in my life! He and others, many still here, showed me that it was even possible to wear heels in public as a guy with little to no ridicule whatsoever. I'm not sure I'd have had the gall to try this myself without all of their encouragement. Until then, I saw it as an impossible dream. When I first tried it I was a bit terrified, but as time past, slowly but surly I discovered that they were spot on. In fact, I've established myself so well in the circle I run with that friends and acquantances EXPECT the unexpected for footwear from me and always in a positive way. It was a life changing event that has had a very strong influence on my happiness. What I still like about this place is that it's one of the few places where I can absolutely freely express myself. I don't feel as comfortable virtually anywhere else. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I wear high heels all day every day and have done all my adult life. Although I like the way they look and love shoe shopping I don't think about wearing them any more than any other of my clothing other than ensuring they match what I am wearing on any particular day. This is my mind set as a girl as it's completely acceptable for me to wear them so as others have said I don't need to come onto a forum to discuss them as I can discuss my like of high heels openly with women and men. I post on here becuse hubby loves this site and so I joined as a result of him letting me know about it. Most girls would have no reason to access this site so that's why the numbers are low. My hubby uses this site as he can speak to other men with a similar mind set to his and he can't openly discuss his love of wearing heels without some narrow minded people making judgement.

I wear high heels all day every day and have done all my adult life. Although I like the way they look and love shoe shopping I don't think about wearing them any more than any other of my clothing other than ensuring they match what I am wearing on any particular day.

This is my mind set as a girl as it's completely acceptable for me to wear them so as others have said I don't need to come onto a forum to discuss them as I can discuss my like of high heels openly with women and men.

I post on here becuse hubby loves this site and so I joined as a result of him letting me know about it. Most girls would have no reason to access this site so that's why the numbers are low. My hubby uses this site as he can speak to other men with a similar mind set to his and he can't openly discuss his love of wearing heels without some narrow minded people making judgement.

Exactly what I was trying to say!

Don't get me wrong, for this forum has been most helpful to us as members, but on the same token I wish the choice for males to wear heels was perceived as natural as society considers women have the desire to wear them. I want a forum like this to be unnecessary and applied to other areas of heeling, some of which are already part of this forum. To be able to share our experiences with our family, friends, and colleagues that we post here in the forum is the right relationship everyone should have for the natural process of enriching everyone's life. The macho image has its place in society, but so does effeminacy for those who consider heeling a feminine act, they are both properties of the human condition. Showing off ones strengths or powers is why comic books and hero worship are with us. However, showing others as weak and disabled to defend themselves is not an accurate display of humanity. Yes we all have visions of heros swooping down, genies waving their wand, or winning some lottery so that our lives would be changed for the better. Believing in those kind of things may give us something to hope for, but the real problems that caused our situation are still there and we have learned nothing, therefore our situation will return probably worse than before. This forum could be a great hub for both men and women to discuss and use as a source for finding the heels they desire, once the phobias of men in heels are dealt with properly. How is this attitude going to change if we continue to hide or consider our desire to wear heels as a plague on or deteriment to our social circles. Heels should be a choice for boys and girls as they mature to adulthood. This choice will not change their orientation as to who they want to be with. It will open a better understanding to life. I see men wearing heels as a lead in to confront the social misunderstandings and improve the stereotyping that reflect what and who people really are. Many of the labels people use to inflict hurt and ridicule are unwarranted and shows a lack of empathy and concern for those we may associate. They are living their life by what they perceive as true for them, when they see the standards don't address their situation properly. The world needs better understanding and compassion for each other. We are the world!

Don't get me wrong, for this forum has been most helpful to us as members, but on the same token I wish the choice for males to wear heels was perceived as natural as society considers women have the desire to wear them. I want a forum like this to be unnecessary and applied to other areas of heeling, some of which are already part of this forum. To be able to share our experiences with our family, friends, and colleagues that we post here in the forum is the right relationship everyone should have for the natural process of enriching everyone's life. The macho image has its place in society, but so does effeminacy for those who consider heeling a feminine act, they are both properties of the human condition. Showing off ones strengths or powers is why comic books and hero worship are with us. However, showing others as weak and disabled to defend themselves is not an accurate display of humanity. Yes we all have visions of heros swooping down, genies waving their wand, or winning some lottery so that our lives would be changed for the better. Believing in those kind of things may give us something to hope for, but the real problems that caused our situation are still there and we have learned nothing, therefore our situation will return probably worse than before.

This forum could be a great hub for both men and women to discuss and use as a source for finding the heels they desire, once the phobias of men in heels are dealt with properly. How is this attitude going to change if we continue to hide or consider our desire to wear heels as a plague on or deteriment to our social circles. Heels should be a choice for boys and girls as they mature to adulthood. This choice will not change their orientation as to who they want to be with. It will open a better understanding to life. I see men wearing heels as a lead in to confront the social misunderstandings and improve the stereotyping that reflect what and who people really are. Many of the labels people use to inflict hurt and ridicule are unwarranted and shows a lack of empathy and concern for those we may associate. They are living their life by what they perceive as true for them, when they see the standards don't address their situation properly. The world needs better understanding and compassion for each other. We are the world!

This!!

I really couldn't agree more. One of the biggest problems that exists in today's world (more than ever before) is.....peer pressure. Modern day fixation with greed and material success had lead to massive over-hyping of gender stereotype, and male success in macho roles. The philosophies of a 'free world', 'freedom of choice' and open-minded acceptance of others, has fallen back into to the deepest depths of people's minds...if not disappeared altogether.

The other big problem is the replacement of spiritual devotions with materialistic aspirations........always a very bad idea.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"