modified ballet boots

letsgonow

Letsgonow: I did that a couple years ago. The devious brand boots pretty much require it.

Mmm, have discovered this myself; question is; do i have the patience to do it with out stuffing it up and damaging the leather on the heels?

Should do really as they have become unwearable and have therefore resided in the drawers for too long, also meaning i am so far out of practice it's not funny.

I have a feeling the old friend I told about the heels earlier in the year is going to want to see me in them, when he comes round next week, as every time we speak or write, his opening line is "how are the heels?" at least there are nearly 2 dozen other pairs to choose from.

I tried that but found that the heel kicked under asnd bent inwards. It would have been better to have added a small platform instead.

I think I should be okay in that regard, in that the heels currently point slightly back such that the heel tips are well behind the ideal line of force through my calves and heels - which does make walking in them somewhat more awkward then usual.

R

I think I should be okay in that regard, in that the heels currently point slightly back such that the heel tips are well behind the ideal line of force through my calves and heels - which does make walking in them somewhat more awkward then usual.

R

woo, hoo :) !

Well then, further to below, yet another successful heel length modification.

Also took 10mm off the length of the shafts, such that the heels are now absolutely perpendicular; has corrected the mechanics enough that although I'm long out of practice I'm already quite comfortable wandering about the house.

All I need to do now is keep practising to get the longevity up.

Merry Xmas all

R

• 2 weeks later...

All

further to below, was surfing through Youtube and found a link to this website; http://walkinginballetheels.wordpress.com/ which appears to be written by the woman that has previously gone under the name "Imelda" on this forum and Imelda Bootstross on the web; though she now seems to be using the alias SuzanziBalletHeels.

It outlines an idea for toe padding using Polyurethane foam stress balls in the toe of the boots.

Have tried it my self and is brilliant. You may imagine that the foam will fill too much of the toe box but seemingly not.

Have set it up that my big toes are left to point straight down in the toe cushion socks that i have, with the remainder of my toes curled, so resting my weight through the knuckles. Don't be under any illusion this is pain free but is far far more comfortable than before or with sheep's wool padding.

Still may need to shave a couple more mm from the heels to aid smooth walking.

R

• 2 months later...