Missed opportunity...

radiodave

I was really wanting to wear my heels this evening. Had some black pumps picked out, my tights on, and I was going to see a musical. Figured odds are slim I'd run into folks I know, but I chickened out and wore my boring work shoes. In hindsight, the only ones who might have been uncomfortable were two guys I was sitting right next to. I got there early, and found myself smack in the middle of the row, right next to two guys who were already there. No doubt they would have heard heels clicking down the aisle and been just a little curious. But, sitting with a few hundred folks, I don't think too many other folks would have noticed. Still thinking I should have just done it. Darn. :) Maybe I'll just have to get out more and see more plays flying solo.

Hey, there's always next time. But just think what is the worst that would have happened if you were wearing high heels. You might have gotten some funny looks, whispers, snickers, or comments. So what? You would have been to this event in the high heels you wanted to wear. Best of luck to you on your future endeavors.

Dave, Sorry you're sorry about chickening out for the event, but it's only one small opportunity lost; no big deal, so don't lose any sleep over it. Next time you get the chance to do it, though, think of this experience. If it is a good lesson learned, then it will not have been a bad thing. Keep on heeling! Steve

Next time wear a pair of ankle boots that are less obviously women's shoes. I've done this many times and never had any problems or adverse comments. In fact, I am sure that the only person that knew that I was even wearing high heels was my wife. And, I know she wouldn't say anything. :)

Radiodave. Here is another way of over coming your shyness of wearing heels in public. Come to Columbus, Ohio. I will wear my 6" stiletto thigh high boots w/ spurs and skirt. We will go out somewhere and eat. You can wear your highest heels and doughtless no one will notice YOU. Maybe we can hoodwink steve63130 and his wife in coming along. Mike.

I regret quite a few opprotunities, after the fact... "Dang..Should have/could have worn this or that"... I can only think of one time where I regreted wearing heels and took some flack from some kids (and it put me back a bit too), but SF is correct... Just do it!

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I had some dress pants hemmed with an in-seam longer than my regular size. Wearing them, I attracted absolutely no attention while wearing 4 inch "near" stilletto heels to a musical in downtown Toronto and to a pre-theatre restaurant dinner. My choice of shoes sometimes bothered my wife in the past but she now agrees that my heels are very rarely even noticed, and she is no longer concerned.

Next time wear a pair of ankle boots that are less obviously women's shoes. I've done this many times and never had any problems or adverse comments. In fact, I am sure that the only person that knew that I was even wearing high heels was my wife. And, I know she wouldn't say anything. :lmao:

They're only women's shoes when worn by a woman :)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I got missed a similar opportunity and could get over it for 1 year, still have a little regret, the issue is not that there are plenty of occasions to wear the high heels , for some of you guys is easy as you are doing it quite regularly and had already moved on to a higher level, as for some of us that still too shy and too rookie on going out, is hard, it requires lots of balls to make the decision before actually doing it, the action of doing it is something else. In my case last year i was invited to a fetish ball party, and even in the invitation was told to dress kinky or weird or sexy etc, i went with a huge outfit of a vampire, even managed to put on blue contact lenses, i have no idea what happened to me, i was already there parking my car, all dressed up, wearing make up wig etc, completely unrecognizable, and at the last minute i chicken out as never before, i was having the 5high heel knee stiletto boots already on my feet, and i saw people in the street in a casual attire i though maybe i will be the only freak at that party, f..k so i had to at least changed my shoes for some regular mens shoes, and put the boot on a back pack, so i will see how is the party first then i will put on the shoes once i will be there, well the party was huge and so cool, there were many performances and many people dressed up in many customs, i felt like i was ok wearing as i was wearing, at that moment i felt there was no need to wear high heels, the party stayed on i felt kind of tired and left early, the next day i regretted many things one that i left early and without wearing my heels, two that i lost an ipod that was on that bag back with the uselss pair of boots that i never worn, and third that i went to that party alone, i should have at least a friend to go with, but since i decided to go dressed up and in heels maybe i felt shy and keep it private. This lesson helped me to think of what i like and want to do without regret anymore, i decided to have fun and make it a blast any opportunity i will plan to go out, all plans have to be well designed and have to be followed 100% after i decide to do it, the results are the expected ones, for example my last haloween, i perfected a plan to go as a female zombie wearing tights and a 5.5 inch stilletos showing my legs fully as in the avatar, i was expecting to be shy and chicken out in the moment of stepping outside, but i didnt i went out and no one recognized me, even more because maybe my posture or my walking moves there were girls that were asking me tons of questions of how can i managed the high heel etc, and one of them "very cute by the way" was attracted to me, hahahaha, i can say i had a nice night, of course i forgot to say that there were gay men also attracted to me as well, and a TV give a touch up of make up in order to look much more scary and unrecognizable, that was a blast i have to say, so the suggestion for next outing if you dont want to chicken out and regret, plan the night to the minimal detail, and have everything previewed.

V. Morpho