Hi from the West of England

Hi all I'm very pleased to have found this site! I'm 45, married, and of course I love seeing women in high heeled shoes and boots. I alos love to wear them myself, and my absolute favourites are 6" heel shoes and boots from Kurt Geiger. They might be a little bit more expensive than other shops, but they are the best you can buy on the High Street, imho. And can I specially recommend the Bath branch of the KG, where the sales girls are really helpful and utterly gorgeous (and no, I'm not the store manager, sadly!). I think my love of them started with seeing my mother, sister and the older girl next door all wearing them. I can remember the absolute thrill of stepping into my sister's high heels, a thrill which hasn't left me. I've got lots more to tell, but I don't want to bore you too much. Of course I would like to hear from any others, male or female, who share my enjoyment of high heels. Best wishes to all John

JOhnW, let me be the first to welcome you to HHP and to thank you for that very good intro about yourself. Its nice to get a clear understanding of the people who are joining the forum and their interest in heels. Whilsts KG's shoes are very nice, I'm a bit of a Nine West man myself although the local stores dont stock my size and I have to wait until I travel to the US to find them. So if you have lots more to share, we look forward to hearing more from you soon. Sure that you'll find us to be an interesting but diverse group of people who participate here

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Hi all Thank you so much for your very warm welcome! As you say, it's good to be amongst other people who share a similar interest. I have to say that I've been generally very impressed with the helpfulness of the sales girls in the shops I've been in to buy heels. Of special note is Kurt Geiger and Dune in Bath, and Moda In Pelle in South Molton Street in London. Maybe we should have a thread for shops where you get good service - and shops to avoid! I'ev had alot of high heel experiences one way and another over the years, so if anyone is at all interested, please let me know - or tell me to shut up! Best wishes to all John

HaH where do you live then if you are close to Bath? I envy John as I dont have the confidence to talk to the sales girls. I just get a pair off the shelf that are my size say from New look and just pay for them. Would love to spend a day trying heels on so I know if they fit or not

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be up for something like that. I've been quiet on here of late, but have ventured out in the past wearing black thigh boots with a four-inch plus heel and have also attended a couple of international meets in London over the past three years or so. It's a bit of a confidence thing with me. Despite happily buying boots over the counter - I tried a pair on in Marks and Sparks on Oxford Street a month or so back - I occasionally 'lose it' when it comes to going out; I think it's something one needs to keep doing regularly or the knack disappears! I'd be open to the idea of a house meet, or a safe rendezvous spot in or around the Surrey area. I'm sure there are many more of us than we actually see out and about. As far as comments go, most people do just stand open-mouthed. Teenage girls are the most aware. They don't seem to miss a trick. Or kids. Most adults just walk around zombie-like, not noticing/or caring what goes on under their noses!

Whilst my location says Swindon, I am quite often in or near Bath as well.

I feel another heel meet (heels not compulsory for the not so brave) coming on.

Im in swindon regularly! Maybe we should organise something then?

• 9 months later...