The Marvelous Sound of Mules

bigboypumps

Hi, I don't like the sound of a foot lifting and then sticking back down to the mule - it sort of sounds sticky/ slappy if you know what I mean - a totally separate sound to the heels - and I love the sound high heels make. Mules are just a bit too slappy.... I love watching others wearing mules though - they are a lovely shoe but I just don't like the associated slapping sound (as the foot lifts in the shoe) too much. Thats probably because I'm very self conscious of it when I wear mules. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi,

I don't like the sound of a foot lifting and then sticking back down to the mule - it sort of sounds sticky/ slappy if you know what I mean - a totally separate sound to the heels - and I love the sound high heels make. Mules are just a bit too slappy....

I love watching others wearing mules though - they are a lovely shoe but I just don't like the associated slapping sound (as the foot lifts in the shoe) too much. Thats probably because I'm very self conscious of it when I wear mules.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Please don't take this the wrong way - but according to my husband at least, the 'slapping' sound is a very 'girly' sound and is really associated with women in high heels, not guys. Of course, mules are the most feminine of all high heels styles.

Not that guys aren't entititled to wear mules, far from it, and we're both staunch supporters of men in high heels - but - it is a VERY 'girly' noise.

Does anyone enjoy the sound of a pair of spike heeled mules , especially when you are walking on some good tile or marble floor.

I simply adore mules, they are my favourite style of high heel. They are so feminine, and show off my feet in the best possible way.

My husband is the 'connoisseur' of the sounds they make however. He loves the 'click clack' of the stiletto tip on the pavement or hard floors - and the slapping sound of my heel as I walk. I always have steel tips put on my heels for better wear, however, the 'clickety clacking' is that much more obvious as a result.

Personally, I don't really notice it most of the time - although I DO notice the looks I get if I walk around the supermarket in a pair of sexy 5" mules with hard tips!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

My wife never really thought much about high heels or the presentation one has when displaying a masterful use of some smart sexy heels, until we got together. But she just doesn't care for mules herself, but when we are shoe shopping she always points them out to me. I just love to where mules and clogs as well as other types of heeled footwear.

Please don't take this the wrong way - but according to my husband at least, the 'slapping' sound is a very 'girly' sound and is really associated with women in high heels, not guys. Of course, mules are the most feminine of all high heels styles.

Not that guys aren't entititled to wear mules, far from it, and we're both staunch supporters of men in high heels - but - it is a VERY 'girly' noise.

I simply adore mules, they are my favourite style of high heel. They are so feminine, and show off my feet in the best possible way.

My husband is the 'connoisseur' of the sounds they make however. He loves the 'click clack' of the stiletto tip on the pavement or hard floors - and the slapping sound of my heel as I walk. I always have steel tips put on my heels for better wear, however, the 'clickety clacking' is that much more obvious as a result.

Personally, I don't really notice it most of the time - although I DO notice the looks I get if I walk around the supermarket in a pair of sexy 5" mules with hard tips!:)

My dear PussyInBoots, I love this post so much!!! Thank you for being here and adding much needed sanity and friendliness to my day

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

• 1 month later...

Not that guys aren't entititled to wear mules, far from it, and we're both staunch supporters of men in high heels - but - it is a VERY 'girly' noise. ...

Very true, Pussy.

I often wear flat slides (e.g. single strap exercise sandals) outside in the summer and am conscious of the 'smacking' sound as my bare feet and sandal soles collide. It is slightly disconcerting to advertise my presence in that way as such sandals are not too common for men's wear, although Berkemann and Scholl styles were very popular some years ago with both sexes. And the Birkenstock 'Madrid' (a very comfortable and light style, quieter to wear) is now usually sold as unisex.

If one walks briskly and naturally in sandals like that, the toe clenching and movement of the foot makes the smacking inevitable - and is the 'exercise' which is supposedly beneficial for one's feet and ankles. Having suffered from sciatica (which leaves me with pins and needles in one foot most of the time), I can vouch for the benefits of exercise sandals, quite apart from the fact that they are cool and pretty comfortable. But I haven't tried the higher heeled varieties - I doubt they are made in my size anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the click-slap sound that mules makes when walking in them is what makes them soooo sexy - particularly if they are worn without nylons.

As you know hebbler I agree that mules should worn barefoot.For onething there much easier to keep them without nylons.But mainly like you say its the click-slap sound.