Hello from redsole1224

My Name is redsole1224. I love the the way a good pair of heels transforms a lady from ordinary to really something special in my eyes. My wife dosen't care to wear them all that often. When she does though I consider it a real treat.They just make her look so beautiful and statuesch . I hope I learn something from this community about what are good heels and correct sizing for them. She wears a size 10, but they don't always fit her right. For example I bought her a pair of CL Rolando a few weeks ago size 40 she said they pinch her toes. I did some reading and got some conflicting info on eu to us sizing. Is it size 40= 10 or 40=9?

A size 40 can generally correspond to a size 9, but in reality there is no guarantee of it, it can be very different according to the heel height, the style of the shoe, and the toebox, for example if a pair of shoes is extremely pointed ordering a size up may be a good idea.

There is no real standard (that i know) for sizes so sometimes depends on the shoe brand, for example i have shoes in size 10, 10w and 11, and they all fit, so there is no real subsitute for trying them on.

This chart may give you an idea, but this it not really an exact science http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I also by the way like wear them also. I unfortunately only have 2 pair. They are by pleaser the Scream pump wich is almost impossible to stand in and a pair of asymetrical red and black de orsay pumps with 6 inch heel. I can ear those for a while with out any real pain. I would like find a place wear I can order a better quality heel. My size is 13-14 US anybody know of any?