Phone wars - Myphone vs yourphone! Flame away!

ok, so you all got some fight in you over "My phone is better than yours because", so lets here it... Feel free to cast insults on other phones (NOT the owners) and do battle of the handsets... This is a bit of fun too, so dont take it too seriously, about time we had a slagging match over something.... My iphone is better than your GAYDroid because I can have thousands of free podcasts, that you cant get elsewhere, all in one place!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

My GAYDroid is better than your iphone because it's with me whenever I need, uhm, pleasure. And shouts with me at Pride Parades, too! Okay, that was just some teasing. Now for something completely different. My Alcatel is worse than all your phones because its battery dies fast, and the speaker occasionally loses contact, too.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

My Desire is better than the iPhone 4 because I can make calls without having to hold it in a certain way. :) (Sorry, that's a bit of a cheap shot!)

Surely you have to hold it to your ear? lol :lmao: Cheap recoshay (I Cant spell for shit)

What Amanda needs is a "Scratch-screen"

My phone is better than your iPhone or Droid because you don't have to worry about all the apps getting in the way of making a call! It's simple and easy to use. You don't have to worry about "There being an app for that" you just make your call.

My phone is better than your iPhone or Droid because you don't have to worry about all the apps getting in the way of making a call! It's simple and easy to use. You don't have to worry about "There being an app for that" you just make your call.

Your the one who bought my old "iCarry.... it everywhere in a suitcase" phone?

post-1-133522929716_thumb.jpg

My droid is better than an Iphone because it supports Google maps with instantaneous access and it comes pre-loaded. Also, I can use mine as a metal detector too!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My droid is better than an Iphone because it supports Google maps with instantaneous access and it comes pre-loaded. Also, I can use mine as a metal detector too!

iPhone does that right out of the box too, and has FREE sat-nav you can slap on it from the App store! :)

And, the iPhone can be used as a speaker detector too, son as you get within a few feet of a speaker, it sends lot of noise to the speaker so you know where it is :lmao:

lol, My crackberry WAS worse than your alcatel because that too would last not very long only with a TINY TINY screen...

I see your crappy alcatel and lower you 1 crackberry.. :)

I second the awfulness of the blackberry. Although they still have a die hard following in some corporate environments, I can't see RIM as a major player in the next 5 years unless they do something groundbreaking.

Oh this is great humor to read - - - If I invited all of you to dinner at my place, here is what would happen; Iphone users - Absolutely nothing, nada, ziltch. No phone calls or access. Verizon / Droid - You could call someone, but that's about it. Might as well have a track phone. Alltel / Droid - Better than Verizon even though they are part of Verizon - go figure. Sprint - You could call someone, but that about as far as it goes. May get some 3G, but that depends on the actual phone. RIM (any of their models) call all you want depending on your net work access. What's really sad is that servicemen who have served in Iraqi and Afganistan all agree they have better cellphone service in the desert than we do at home. There are parts of the US that have less service than 3rd world countries. What would you do without a cellphone.

iPhone does that right out of the box too, and has FREE sat-nav you can slap on it from the App store! :)

And, the iPhone can be used as a speaker detector too, son as you get within a few feet of a speaker, it sends lot of noise to the speaker so you know where it is :lmao:

Yes, I have satnav on mine too but never use it, only a very expensive one will take into account width restrictions, low bridges and weight limits... not much good to a trucker. I saw the apple maps on the Ipad and wasn't impressed but to be fair I haven't seen them on the IPhone.

Having said that, I may get an IPhone next as my android is crap at detecting speakers! :lmao:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Oh this is great humor to read - - -

What's really sad is that servicemen who have served in Iraqi and Afganistan all agree they have better cellphone service in the desert than we do at home. There are parts of the US that have less service than 3rd world countries.

What would you do without a cellphone.

It's called aerophone and comes complete with Westland Lynx attached to it (possible also found on Puma's, Chinooks, and other UK MoD heli's). Just may make it the most expensive charger/accessory kit.

Al

And randomly calls your father while you are not looking.:) Like it did today.

Several people at work try to use I-phones, please note try. Phones look good, probably made well except for that whole antenna thing but service sucks and now that the only provider does not offer unlimited data it really hurts those that are now buying. In full discloser though Verizon no longer offers the unlimited plan either (some of us managed to get that plan though and don't plan to lose it.:lmao:)

As much as I love my Droid I can see where I-phone people get their attachments as well, especially since my last phone was a Windoze 5 model that would only sync with a couple older versions of Windoze and then would scramble your documents internally with a large helping of delete added for fun. I love the fact that the Droid syncs my contacts with my Google account (even if this does mean storing them in the cloud) so they are much harder to loose, and that it will work with both my Linux system and two out of date Windoze systems.

With any new smart phone though their seems to be a myriad of apps, so many in fact that it seems that most really have no purpose. (Although I'd like to know where Doc found the metal detector app.)

Curious is it just the Droid or do all of the new smart phones come with no user manual?

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Curious is it just the Droid or do all of the new smart phones come with no user manual?

As horrible as this sounds, my take is, the manual is on the phone, and if your not smart enough to find it, you shouldnt be using the phone in the first place lol.... :)

Can you guys pull the string tighter so I can hear you? My party line has all kinds of static when the wind blows. Hey! Over at the General Store they had that new fangled crank on that talking contraption. Elle at the switchboard likes to gossip a lot when I rev up the line. However, she's good to plug me right in if'n it's an emergency. Some day, I think I'm going get one put right in my house, so as I don't have to go into town to talk to the folks back home on the other side of the mountain and down the road a piece. This sure beats the telegraphing we installed earlier last year. Amos still keeps his horses ready, just in case.

We have an iPhone and a Droid X in the family. I'm sorry to say that smart phones are crappy phones. Great gadgets but crappy phones. Way too many steps to make a dang call. 1) unlock the phone. ~5 button presses 2) get into phone app 3) find the # you want to dial. 4) dial vs. old style of phone. 1) open phone 2) press speed dial of who you want to call yes, I know you can make short cuts on the smart phones. But you are still looking at 7 or 8 taps by the time you unlock and get to the right screen. We love our phones, I just wish they would make calling a priority/simpler.

My Desire is better than the iPhone 4 because I can make calls without having to hold it in a certain way. :) (Sorry, that's a bit of a cheap shot!)

Yes it was .. but take the opportunity where you get it, it may not come again :lmao:

Having said that, I may get an IPhone next as my android is crap at detecting speakers! :lmao:

LOL - this is one of the best posts I've read in a long time! Good call Tech

PS: I've found that my Crackberry Storm is brilliant ... as a paper weight in my outbox until I can get around to recycling it! iPhone 4 is rocking

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

We have an iPhone and a Droid X in the family. I'm sorry to say that smart phones are crappy phones. Great gadgets but crappy phones. Way too many steps to make a dang call.

1) unlock the phone. ~5 button presses

2) get into phone app

3) find the # you want to dial.

4) dial

vs. old style of phone.

1) open phone

2) press speed dial of who you want to call

yes, I know you can make short cuts on the smart phones. But you are still looking at 7 or 8 taps by the time you unlock and get to the right screen.

We love our phones, I just wish they would make calling a priority/simpler.

Sounds like somebody has a very unsmart phone.. Mine is simple, "Slide to unlock, tap on "Phone" and dial... Or, slide to unlock, tap contacts, tap the one I want, then tap which one of their bazzilion numbers I want to call...

Of course, ALL modern handsets have additional security features you can enable these days, so no matter which phone you have, you "could" potentially have a password to unlock your device too, but is it really so bad to password protect your device?

I think these days, it would be crazy not to password or pin protect your device if you have anything more than just a phonebook in it.

One of the attractions of the iphone for me was the remote wipe/lock facility, so "if" I were to loose it, or more importantly, should it get nicked, I can wipe it remotely too

As horrible as this sounds, my take is, the manual is on the phone, and if your not smart enough to find it, you shouldn't be using the phone in the first place lol.... :)

According to Verizon Google is my friend just type what you need to know about the phone and wa-la there's your answer. Ha, ha, ha, the problem is which of the gazillion pages has the right answer and of course with my luck anytime I have done that I must be the only one to have ever had that question.

I think these days, it would be crazy not to password or pin protect your device if you have anything more than just a phonebook in it.

One of the attractions of the iphone for me was the remote wipe/lock facility, so "if" I were to loose it, or more importantly, should it get nicked, I can wipe it remotely too

I agree whole heartedly, we carry way too much info in our phones these days especially people like me who have multiple novels and short stories going at once and believe it or not I do a lot of my typing in mine.

Is the wipe/lock function a built in, or a separate app? Just curious as it sounds like a phenomenal idea.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

for myself, I just have a simple "older" style no-frills cell phone from NOKIA that my Mom got on a special rate some years ago-its about all I need in a phone when I'm out & about (my mom does have a newer one with better sound than mine, so I'll get a better one soon enough):)

Sounds like somebody has a very unsmart phone.. Mine is simple, "Slide to unlock, tap on "Phone" and dial... Or, slide to unlock, tap contacts, tap the one I want, then tap which one of their bazzilion numbers I want to call...

Of course, ALL modern handsets have additional security features you can enable these days, so no matter which phone you have, you "could" potentially have a password to unlock your device too, but is it really so bad to password protect your device?

Tech, you are always big on pointing out when someone doesn't read your post correctly.:) You may notice that one of our phones is the same as yours. So I guess you are calling your phone "un-smart"??

First, you have to push the menu button to "wake it up", then you put in your unlock code, so now you are up to 5 already. Compared to flip open and press 1 button. Even without a pw, 1 to wake, 1 to unlock, 1 to open the phone app. so you are up to 3 and you still haven't dialed a number.

My point was that it takes a lot more fussing about to dial a number that you use frequently. Yes, for accessing you contact list for a number you don't use much, they are WAAAYYYY better then old school phones.

The iphone is a fast, efficient, beautifully designed and completely reliable gadget. I've had them since they were first launched. They leave everything else standing. Are you really gonna want an Android phone instead? Or a Raspberry with a keyboard that's too small for any man to operate? It's a no-brainer.

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

Tech, you are always big on pointing out when someone doesn't read your post correctly.:) You may notice that one of our phones is the same as yours. So I guess you are calling your phone "un-smart"??

First, you have to push the menu button to "wake it up", then you put in your unlock code, so now you are up to 5 already. Compared to flip open and press 1 button. Even without a pw, 1 to wake, 1 to unlock, 1 to open the phone app. so you are up to 3 and you still haven't dialed a number.

My point was that it takes a lot more fussing about to dial a number that you use frequently. Yes, for accessing you contact list for a number you don't use much, they are WAAAYYYY better then old school phones.

The great thing I have learned about the iPhone is, "It is what you want it to be", is a fully functional blank canvas, and you can set it up to be however you want, with whatever software you want, so if you set it up to be highly secure, then yes, your going to need to push a few extra buttons, and yes, you will want it to auto-lock when your finished with it, and you do want to keep all your photos, contacts, website logins and more on it, so really, its as smart as you make it...

As for pressing a few extra buttons, so what, does anybody really care, when securing all that info, on the move is done so swiftly with a few glides over the screen in the right places? Nope, especially if its being compared to some old flip phone, its not a comparison really is it...

Fussing about? Your talking about maybe 5 seconds from the start to finish, to call somebody, same amount of time on both phones, so its hardly fussing about, plus you get much more bang for your buck with an iPhone, I've discovered... Now I dont need multiple gadgets stuck to my windscreen anymore, as I have phone/handsfree/satnav/mp3/head up display all in one device, and even my phone case doubles as a wallet too, so now its just out the door with keys and phone, sweet deal!

In my experience everyone who owns an iPhone simply loves it, whereas most people who don't own one seem to despise them.

Sounds like me, before I got one, I was and still am a bit "Anti-apple", but I am finding the more I use and learn about my iPhone, the more curious I get, like yesturday I even installed Safari on my Windows 7 desktop!

The iphone is a fast, efficient, beautifully designed and completely reliable gadget. I've had them since they were first launched.

They leave everything else standing. Are you really gonna want an Android phone instead? Or a Raspberry with a keyboard that's too small for any man to operate?

It's a no-brainer.

I had a rasberry for 6yrs up until this iphone, and I did find that having real buttons I could press was more reassuring, having feedback to know your pressing the right button was great, and also very quick to use. I lov the fact that with the crackberry, you at least have a warning LED on it to let you know you have mail/TXT/missed call or something, but the iphone doesnt have that, which sucks :-(

It is a billion times better than blackberry, but still lacks a few essential features..