Typical newbie question . . .

itchy_heid

Hello everyone, Obviously I'm new to this forum and I have a newbie question: There are a couple of areas of the website that I can't access, like the gallery and the market place. I can't access the gallery at all and I can only read the market place. Is there a certain amount of time that I must be a member before I get the privileges to use these areas or do I have to make a minimum number of posts first? Or is it something else entirely? Thanks for your help.

Yes you are right, it is a question of hanging around here for a week or two and joining in with the chat, so keep posting and stick around, it will all open up to you soon enough. there are good reasons for this, thanks for understanding and welcome of course :)

The angels have the phonebox.

Hmm... I've been around for quite a while now and I find the same thing. Getting the message: you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
As I'm not trying to any of the things mentioned, I was beginning to assume it was maybe somthing to do with building up a number of posts. The "not having priveleges" message tends to make me less enthusiastic about posting (though I suppose by posting this I'm contradicting myself).

You are completely right: you need at least 5 posts. It is explained in some of the files that you are encouraged to read first (but who reads manuals these days?). Anyway welcome and as now you made it to 5, maybe you will find that you do have some privileges. Still may be useful to read the instructions though. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Thanks, yozz. Yes, you are right, I can do the things I couldn't do before. No excuse for not posting now :-)

Indeed, its another measure to keep spammers at bay... No matter how long you are here for, if you dont contribute, then you shouldnt demand, so to speak...

Some members have been members for years and years, and never said a word, so nobody knows them, thus they dont earn the right to have members sharing their photo albums with them, or put signatures in their posts...

You wouldnt want complete strangers, you dont know, nosing through your photo albums, likewise, we dont allow complete strangers to join just so they can poke about in members photo galleries..

Wouldnt be much of a community if nobody ever contributed would it :)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Itchy heid ...

Just keep reading and posting and enjoy your time here. You are among friendly people here who share the enjoyment of high heels. There are really some interesting thoughts and opinions and a lot of helpful advice. Just keep reading and posting.

Cheers Roni, I have read a lot of the posts on here and I have found it very interesting hearing all the different opinions on the finer points of high heels and all they entail. I don't agree with all of the opinions mind you but I guess that makes for a healthy community. That's really what made me join after viewing for several months. I have no problem with the policy of keeping certain areas off limits until you have contributed a certain amount to the forum. Makes good sense to me as I know spammers are a real scourge and can ruin a good forum community. I assumed that would be the case but was just checking. I did read over the guidelines that I could find but I couldn't see anything relating to that. Anyway, thanks everyone, for clearing that up and nice to see I wasn't the only one wondering about that. Cheers for now, Itchy