iPhone anybody?

ok, so being the "I hate everything apple does" kinda person for years, ever since a REALLY bad experience with the itunes software wiped out 15,000 albums on my server several years ago, I just picked up an iphone4 this week. (Honestly, I felt like a fish out of water in the Apple store) I have to say, I am completely and utterly amazed by the things the iphone can do, and does do exceptionally well, far above and beyond what I had even imagined it would do too... Anyway, how many of you guys use an iphone to access hhplace? Do you find using your iphone/ipad @ hhplace to be a good or bad experience or just "it's ok, but could be a lot better?" I'm looking for as much feedback as possible, dont care what you say about it, speak as freely as you wish, you cant say anything I probably havent been called in the past (Goes with the job it seems lol) So, come on, lets hear it, aim....... Open fire....... Oh, and as a sidenote, is it just me who finds the apple staff to be really cool and friendly? Totally different to the corporate "drones" thrown at you by places like Comet/Dixons/PCWorld/etc/etc?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I've got an iPhone4 that I use daily to access the site. Must say I was as amazed as you Tech when I got mine a few weeks ago after coming from a Nokia N95 8gb - it's an amazing creation lol. I don't find any differences accessing hhplace on my phone than on my PC, albeit a bit smaller! I can use all the features just the same :)

I agree with Snoots...had an iphone4 now for several months...I have accessed HHPlace a couple times from it and did not have any issues...anything I couldn't readily read I would just do the two finger expand to "zoom in" on it. Tech, I agree, it is an amazing piece of technology...I went from a Palm Centro to a iphone 3GS and I thought that jump was amazing...the iphone4 has a tiny bit smaller screen than the 3GS but the resolution is way better and a camera on both sides is great...much faster overall than the 3GS as well.

Use my Iphone to access the site all the time, I am typing this message using it. Best phone I've ever had. I don't know anyone who doesn't love their iPhone and it amazes me whatyou can do on it like set my sky box to record remotely. IPhones have been around a while now in different stages but no other phone has come near it when in general any phone is usually bettered within months of release.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

What's an Iphone - - No - just kidding. Nobody around here has one yet, or if they do, they don't use it here. AT&T doesn't have service locally, so they work well as paperweights. There is expected to be a mad rush on the Iphones when Verizon release date draws near. If the service locally compares with the 3G service Verizon and Sprint currently provide, I don't expect too many happy campers. I would love to be able to access this forum and some other places I frequent via cellphone.

I had an iPhone for a while, but decided to sell it off, but I have an iPod, and just recently got an iPad. I have to say that hands down, the iPad is THE cool thing to use these days, and HHPlace looks bloody good on it! I also have the Zappos and Payless apps for it, so I can heel browse anytime I'm in a wi-fi area.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hey Tech, like you I am not a fan of Apples control issues - I hate being dictated to on what I can and cant do. Jailbroke my first iphone and had some great apps that werent from the itunes. That said it is an amazingly easy device to use and all the apps make it even easier - the main issue I have with the iphone is the screen size when browsing - youre constantly zooming in and out. HHP works just fine but your fingers are knackered by the time youve been logged on for an hours or so .. not to mention the eyes. This probably wont be an issue on the ipad .. Im just too tight to buy one An HHP place could be just the answer otherwise for the phone

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Hey Tech, like you I am not a fan of Apples control issues - I hate being dictated to on what I can and cant do.

Who said I had issues with Apples staying in control? I never had issues with that, and actually prefer it, as it maintains stability, especially when you pay an arm + 2 legs for an iphone, I want the damn thing to work properly... Jailbreaking it, in my eyes, is non-sensical, unless your a developer, or have a shit load of cash to piss around with....

I've supported servers, PCs, and networks for 15+ years and have tried Apple products in the past and just hated them for not letting you get under the hood. Everything is dumbed down for end users and they're just not as flexible as other OS's. I was just about as anti-Apple as you can be. I have to admit though in the last 8 or so years they have really been firing on all cylinders and are doing just about everything right, even their OS X is strongly based on a Unix backend (BSD/NeXT) and has been far more intriguing to me ever since. I did almost got an iPhone recently, but I really like the service provider I have now, and know AT&T's network in the states sucks (not sure what they use in the UK, Oâ‚‚I think?). Anyway, I ended up with an Android phone. It does tons of cool stuff very similar to an iPhone, performs extremely well, and it's rock solid, but I do have to admit, I still think the latest iPhones are pretty damn cool and wouldn't mind owning one eventually... lol

iPhone? <spits> Android all the way! I know a lot of people like iThings, but I'm not a fan. Much too restrictive and iTunes is the work of Satan. My phone's an HTC Desire which I've rooted and it's now running a custom Android build. (DeFrost) :lmao: I like having the freedom to change my phone to suit the way I want it to work. :)

Like you tech I can't stand apple stuff, (bad experiences here to) not that the modern stuff isn't well built, it's just too pricey.

I have accessed the site on my Droid (which works well with my Linux OS:silly:) and have had no issues apart from zooming in and out.

I hope you enjoy your new gadget and get many good years of service.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

iPhone? <spits> Android all the way!

I know a lot of people like iThings, but I'm not a fan. Much too restrictive and iTunes is the work of Satan. My phone's an HTC Desire which I've rooted and it's now running a custom Android build. (DeFrost) :lmao: I like having the freedom to change my phone to suit the way I want it to work. :lmao:

Chris... Why didnt you actually read the original question? Hasnt really helped that you stomped in with your apple hate, just for the sake of having a moan about apple... We all like what we like, or not, but that toally wasnt what the thread is about...

Oh boy..... :)

I'm looking for as much feedback as possible, dont care what you say about it, speak as freely as you wish, you cant say anything I probably havent been called in the past (Goes with the job it seems lol)

So, come on, lets hear it, aim....... Open fire.......

Guess this bit doesn't apply unless you're saying something nice about Apple then? I did go onto say that there's nothing wrong with liking Apple but their products don't suit me.

But hey, if you want to get all defensive about it...

People criticise Apple for limiting apps to approved ones only but this is mainly to stop you from fucking your phone up with viruses and bugs.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Guess this bit doesn't apply unless you're saying something nice about Apple then? I did go onto say that there's nothing wrong with liking Apple but their products don't suit me.

But hey, if you want to get all defensive about it...

Yet again somebody here is only reading/quoting the part that suits them..

Read it properly Chris, because you missed the ACTUAL question:

"Anyway, how many of you guys use an iphone to access hhplace?

Do you find using your iphone/ipad @ hhplace to be a good or bad experience or just "it's ok, but could be a lot better?""

That is what I am looking for feedback on, and that is what I dont care what people say about it... Not the devices themselves...

oh jesus... Why the fuck do I bother at all.

If my misconstruing a post is going to result in you having a tantrum than that's a very good question. If that's your idea of an intelligent and constructive remark then I'm bowing out of this one, I'm not going to descend to your level and get into a slanging match.

If my misconstruing a post is going to result in you having a tantrum than that's a very good question. If that's your idea of an intelligent and constructive remark then I'm bowing out of this one, I'm not going to descend to your level and get into a slanging match.

There is no slanging match. You initiated a slanging match on devices, thats not what this thread is about, period. This thread is about peoples experiences with using the website, on mobile devices, not "My phone is better than yours". I am not having a tantrum, so yet again, mis-reading what others are saying...

I'm simply raising my eyebrows in one of those "Why do I bother" remarks... lol

I regularly (mainly actually) use an iPhone or iPad to access the site. I find it works very well for me.

Ps; I'm glad you're pleased with your iPhone Tech. Xx

Thank you Amanda, precisly what I was asking :)

I must say, in the 6 days I've had it, I am amazed at the difference between that and a blackberry, the 2 just dont even compare, and pod-casts, wow, dont get me started on pod-casts, and there in HD too, there are millions of them for free, so now I got lots to catch up on during those cold boring trips to the park walking the dogs too... :lmao:

But, more on-topic, I had discovered that IPB who make the new software, make an iphone app for their community software, and also a third party also make a better one for IPB too, which I am testing out, hence wanting to know who use's iphones, and if its worth investing the time to test and implement it...

Allow me to reprhase my post to make it more inkeeping with the actual question asked rather than my obviously incorrect interpretation: I do not use an iPhone, I choose to use Android instead because I prefer it, therefore I would not be interested in the iPhone app that has just been mentioned. The site displays very nicely on Dolphin HD and the stock Android browser if you're interested to know. Disclaimer: The above comment should not be taken as an attempt to slight Tech's new toy, nor to imply that Android is the platform for the intelligentsia and that its users are in any way superior. The author acknowledges that all phones are valid choices if they suit the buyer's needs. All characters and events are fictitious, and any any similarity to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved.

iPods and the like are the current "really cool toy", right along with the Android. I'm spoiled on the iPad myself, as it's very Star Trek-like, and you can see pages nice and sharp! Apple just makes some really sweet toys nowadays!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Who said I had issues with Apples staying in control? I never had issues with that, and actually prefer it, as it maintains stability, especially when you pay an arm + 2 legs for an iphone, I want the damn thing to work properly... Jailbreaking it, in my eyes, is non-sensical, unless your a developer, or have a shit load of cash to piss around with....

OK, maybe the use of the word control was not entirely correct .. I was was just trying to refer to your opening line in the initial post as quoted below.

ok, so being the "I hate everything apple does" kinda person for years, ever since a REALLY bad experience with the itunes software wiped out 15,000 albums on my server several years ago,

As for jailbreaking .. I guess its each to their own. Certainly not going to get into a debate about which is better

Hey, the upside is, at least I answered your question :) .. althought I've just noticed that I made an error by saying "An HHP place could be just the answer otherwise for the phone" .. what I meant to say was "an HHP APP could be the answer"

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Hey, the upside is, at least I answered your question :lmao: .. althought I've just noticed that I made an error by saying "An HHP place could be just the answer otherwise for the phone" .. what I meant to say was "an HHP APP could be the answer"

Indeed you did, I'm actually amazed you would spend that amount of time on any website, from your iphone... Not surprised your fingers is knackered and eyes hurt... Maybe the IPB app would be good for you, as it doesnt behave like the web browser at all, it behaves like most of the iphone apps, so no need for zooming in/out, left/right, its a tad like the ipod navigation...

Thanks for the feedback too :)

• 2 weeks later...