Permanently on tiptoe

Pointegirl

I love wearing ballet boots and shoes. I hope to do so for the forseeable future. Can anyone tell me how I can have my feet fixed permanently en pointe so that 'forseeable future' becomes 'for life'? You do not need to tell me that this will cause problems when I get old but that is a long way off and may never happen. I am willing to accept the consequences.

• Like 1

I have never seen a way to do that, but this forum has some threads about people "stuck" in heels and becoming permanently heeled, maybe you could look for advice there, it's not what you ask, but it may be the closest you can get.

well it sounds like you want to do it so if tht is the case just lock yourself into some ballet boots. i have never worn any, but from all i have read, walking is a challenge and after not long you will be wanting to remove them again, so id be careful what you wish for. Personally when i read these threads on being permenantly in heels etc, initially it sounds an exciting prospect but then snapping into reality there will surely be times when having the flexibility to go back flat agin would be useful, eg playing sports or having to run somewhere in an emergency, rushing to hospotal etc. In this case i would probably play out my fantasy by having someone lock me in heels and them keeping the key which maks you stay in them, but gives the safeout option if required Just my thoughts anyway

You would just have to wear them ALL the time...which in my eyes is not feasible due to work and general day to day life. But, if you think you can do that, then wearing them all the time, I would imagine, would make it so that you would have to wear them all the time just to be comfortable. As the others have said, like having the permantely heeled foot.

I love wearing ballet boots and shoes. I hope to do so for the forseeable future. Can anyone tell me how I can have my feet fixed permanently en pointe so that 'forseeable future' becomes 'for life'?

You do not need to tell me that this will cause problems when I get old but that is a long way off and may never happen. I am willing to accept the consequences.

Hey Pointegirl,

May I be so bold as to ask, WHY?

The answer has to be a result of your choosing for you, not for or about someone else no matter how much you care for them. The master of ones soul should be self, because other people come and go while relationships and opinions can change constantly. You can attain the very best life has to offer according to your choices. Granted! Being able to wear ballet heels with some constancy is quite an achievable goal, but what about all the other lovely heels that you will want to wear as your moods, friends, locations, and wardrobe choices change?

Which ever way you choose, I will support your decisions and I wish you the very best! I would be interested to read your future decisions about your heeling preferences, so would you be so kind as to keep in touch here on the HHP forum. If you are so inclined, of course.

Hi Histiletto. You ask why? It is just for me; it's something I have wanted ever since I found that I could walk in ballet heels and keep them on all day. I don't like wearing them in bed but have to do so because it is now uncomfortable without

...I don't like wearing them in bed but have to do so because it is now uncomfortable without

Aha! Well then, it seems like you are already well on your way to your goal then... being uncomforatble without them on is big sign that you need to have them on all the time no matter what...congratulations are in order?

onyourtoes...just read the thread...that's an incredible story...good find for Pointegirl

I read that story the first time around - and since then, I have asked my own Orthopeadic Consultant about it - and asked him 2 questions. They were 1) Is this procedure credible? and 2) How complicated is it?

His answer was fascinating. He said that a procedure like that would only EVER be performed as a part of Prosthetic surgery to REPLACE the lower limb from the calf to the foot - in the event of an amputation having taken place first.

With regard to the rod actually being an implant to an existing healthy limb - his answer was simply that it would not be possible to perform this surgery WITHOUT causing major and permanent damage to muscles, nerves and tendons in the leg, calf, ankle and foot. In addition, the recipient of the rod would NEVER walk again.

In short - if this stry is true - that girl would be in a wheelchair - permanently crippled from the surgery. Not permanently 'en pointe'.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

...Personally when i read these threads on being permenantly in heels etc, initially it sounds an exciting prospect but then snapping into reality there will surely be times when having the flexibility to go back flat agin would be useful, eg playing sports or having to run somewhere in an emergency, rushing to hospotal etc...

I have no actual experience with this, but in my opinion, I wouldn't think it would be an issue.

In terms of "wanting to play sports", or "wanting to walk on the beach", I think if you're choosing to wear heels all the time, or say wear a corset, you're accepting of the fact that there are some things you aren't going to be able to do. This is fine, because you'd probably rather be wearing a corset or heels than out playing tennis.

Emergency situation I also don't think would be as much problem as people think. I walk at X speed in 'flats'; I walk at a slower speed if I'm in heels. If I ever get to the point where I'm stuck in heels, I'd expect it to be reversed: I walk at X speed in heels, and slower in something lower. Bottom line, a 'stuck' person will probably be able to walk as quickly in heels as most people walk in flat shoes (witness the high heel run videos). As long as they master their new environment (whether it be high heels, a corset, or anything else), odds are they'll be just fine for 99% of their daily life.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Thanks especially to jWhite44 for moral support- I know the limitations that will result from permanent tiptoe and accept these unconditionally. To pussyinboots, thanks for confirming that the titanium rod story is fiction - it did not seem credible when I first met it but it did start me thinking of the ossibility if real permanence. The only downside is that nobody has yet told me how to do it in a way that once committed cannot be reversed.

Pointegirl, I'm basically in agreement with jWhite44, especially regarding the possibility for each one of self-determination, and the importance of being aware of the consequences of the choices we do. I have trouble understanding the importance of non-reversibility. what is the difference between being "forced" to walk en-point, and the will to do it every day? It would not be enough always use only ballet shoes and boots, perhaps locked with a padlock? However, I understand the beauty and wellbeing that you feel when you make a choice "for life". As a tattoo.... Before making any choice, however, be sure that this choice involves only yourself, and that others do not pay for the consequences of your choices. And, importantly, for every choice decision you take, take it for you and for you only, not for others.

Once again PIB provides the truth...thank you girl! (I was having a hard time believing it myself) Pointegirl, I'm not sure that it could never be reversed, however, as I said before, since you feel discomfort when you don't wear the ballet boots, then it seems that you are required to wear them now so that you don't have any discomfort. That, to me, is almost a permanent state since you need them to feel comfortable. Muscle memory might have a play here if you do consciously think about pointing your feet ALL the time; it might be that eventually your foot might permanently point after years of doing the same thing all the time. So, after all, maybe it is possible (I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure).

I applaud your dedication and effort to get to where you want to be with this; it takes a strong will do this.

@ Wolf First, let me assure you that it is only for me and that there is no pressure from anyone else. Secondly, locked-on ballet heels are not practicable for long-term as the boots must be removed for toe nail cutting, when they wear out or simply for a change style (knee length, ankle length or shoe) and of colour to suit a particuar dress etc. Having made the commitment, I don't want to give anyone the opportunity to break my resolve hence the need for my feet to be permantly en pointe. My parents have left me enough money so that I shall be able to pay for my own care when I am no longer able to walk so i shall not be dependent on the NHS. I still do not know how to do it.

There is no way for it to be irreversible, you'll always be able to come down, even if it's painful and takes time. Unless you resort to surgery, I guess. What would bother me as well is what kind of ballet heels you would wear all day. The pairs available today aren't really of the highest quality.

Might want to look up the history of someone calling themselves Aoife. Supposedly she wore only ballet heels, although if the story is true she's had quite a few problems also. Take a peek on google and see if you can track her down for advice.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Might want to look up the history of someone calling themselves Aoife. Supposedly she wore only ballet heels, although if the story is true she's had quite a few problems also. Take a peek on google and see if you can track her down for advice.

Perhaps to be a little more informed, although it's not at all the same (but close) would be to study a little Chinese history, especially about the practice of feet binding. On several of my visits to China, I've personally seen very old women survivors form that era (in the more provincial areas) and listened to some of their tales of hardships they've experienced from the practice.

It's not all fun. :)

This Looks like it could be her. She calls her self Aoife.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mckaya99#p/f

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

This Looks like it could be her. She calls her self Aoife.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mckaya99#p/f

ah but that is not actually her, they are just clips of others; someone has posted a message asking whether she would post any videos of herself, which does tend to suggest it is a fantasy....

However; I remember reading a blog on yahoo (or similar) from a woman in Ireland (as Aoife references in her stats) where she was saying that she was still wearing ballet heels whilst pregnant although the health professionals were trying to persuade her to give them up until the birth - which also tended to suggest a fantasy posting but the two do seem to link up.

Pointegirl; I find your posts and desires most intriguing (and an extreme turn on) I sincerely hope you are doing this for all the right reasons; as stated by others, it appears from what you say that you are already permanently en-pointe that not wearing ballet heels causes more pain than doing so.

Don't let the impetuosity of youth dictate the rest of your life, wear ballet heels as long as you like as you are able but at least give yourself the opportunity to to come down at a later date, no matter what money has been left to you for your long term care.

I would suggest you search for "Spook", through the posts I've made here etc. She used to wear extreme corsets and had one of the smallest waists in the world but also wore ballet heels every day - this was (and I understand you are doing this for you and you only) following the desires of her then boyfriend, althougfh she said at the time she wanted to do it, needless to say she is no longer with him and has pretty much given up on the ballet heels and no longer cinches down to quite such extreme waist sizes.

Once again I admire your desires, wish you all the best and look forward to any photos and posts on your progression.

Richard

Thank you Waisted Giraffe. Aiofe used to have a blog on a Yahoo section that is now closed; I have been unable to locate any continuation elsewhere. McKaya99's profile is similar but there does not seem to be much info about her on YouTube. I also know about Spook but she has stated elswhere that she only wanted to be able to wear ballet boots 24/7 but not do so regularly as she did not want shorten her tendons.

The impetuosity of youth is not really applicable. As I have said previously, I have thought about this seriously for several months and am sure that permanence is what I want. Later on. wanting to 'come down', as you put it, will not be an option.

Incidentally, the money was not left for long term care; it is my choice how to use it. My remark was in answer to Wolf who said that others should not have to pay for the consequences of my decision.

I also used to read up on spook in the past (knew her from the Staylace site, and she used to have her own site spook.dk, which has been gone for years now). I can understand wanting to do something to the extreme, pushing yourself to the limits, sort of like she did with a 15 inch corseted waist and 24 hour ballet boots. But, I have to agree with some others in this thread, while its fascinating, perhaps even stimulating to an extent, I do not understand the desire to make such a drastic permanent change to yourself. You may really enjoy doing this now and perhaps even for the next few years, but eventually, it WILL cripple you. You will get to an age where you probably will not be able to walk at all anymore, you cannot ever go back, and that is where this baffles me. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but anyway, best of luck in what you hope to do.

I also used to read up on spook in the past (knew her from the Staylace site, and she used to have her own site spook.dk, which has been gone for years now). I can understand wanting to do something to the extreme, pushing yourself to the limits, sort of like she did with a 15 inch corseted waist and 24 hour ballet boots. But, I have to agree with some others in this thread, while its fascinating, perhaps even stimulating to an extent, I do not understand the desire to make such a drastic permanent change to yourself. You may really enjoy doing this now and perhaps even for the next few years, but eventually, it WILL cripple you. You will get to an age where you probably will not be able to walk at all anymore, you cannot ever go back, and that is where this baffles me. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but anyway, best of luck in what you hope to do.

I believe Spook has taken it down several notches and has a much larger (comparatively speaking) corsetted waistline now. So many that I've seen like her go extreme and then back it down usually for health reasons. That's why permanent changes are so dangerous IMHO.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Thank you Waisted Giraffe. Aiofe used to have a blog on a Yahoo section that is now closed; I have been unable to locate any continuation elsewhere. McKaya99's profile is similar but there does not seem to be much info about her on YouTube. I also know about Spook but she has stated elswhere that she only wanted to be able to wear ballet boots 24/7 but not do so regularly as she did not want shorten her tendons.

The impetuosity of youth is not really applicable. As I have said previously, I have thought about this seriously for several months and am sure that permanence is what I want. Later on. wanting to 'come down', as you put it, will not be an option.

Incidentally, the money was not left for long term care; it is my choice how to use it. My remark was in answer to Wolf who said that others should not have to pay for the consequences of my decision.

Pointegirl

I quite appreciate that this is your desire and truly wish you all the best - as I say i am most intrigued by this and will be interested to see how you go about the permanent surgery - please do keep us posted.

It appears that this may be more difficult to do "safely" than expected ie not with dodgy back-street practitioners, however there have been those cases of licensed surgeons that have performed elective amputations etc which would have seemed unthinkable. Just think, gender re-assignment was unheard of 20/30 years ago but is now recognised by the NHS. There must be someone, more likely in USA rather than UK, that will possibly be in a position to do such an operation.

I quite understand that the monies were not left for this particular reason but that this is your choice to use it - a poor formulation of my sentence.

Richard

I will be curious how you'll set up a pair of ballet heels or pointe boots to support your weight without everything resting on your toes. I have tried a few methods, and currently a pair of Gaynor Mindens inside of the boots helps me stay on my toes for over an hour. I still need to find a better solution as my 2nd toe in particular still gets alot of stress. I'd be concerned that anything that trapped the foot tight enough to prevent the weight from being on the toes would be too tight for times that you are not directly standing on them.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Pointegirl

Was thinking about all this and something came to mind;

Having just read your first post again and also seeing JimC's last post brings an intriguing point.

You obviously love being in ballet heels therefore want your feet permanently in the en-point position but do you want to be in the position where you will have to wear ballet heels all the time or that you are on what generally is termed in tiptoe as in the foot is pointed down but are actually standing on the balls of your feet with your toes spread, ie as if trying to reach something from a high shelf etc.

This then brought the question of the sorts of other footwear you could wear although expect these would clearly have to be bespoke.

The obvious solution to forcing your feet permanently en-point would be as the posts previously mentioned with shafts inserted down the calves / shins etc. however this would mean there would be almost no flexibility in the ankle, which as you will know is needed even in ballet heels to ensure the foot rotates over the heel tip. If you did fix your ankles, you would have to remove the heels from whatever shoes you wear. maybe something like Pleaser Screams without the heel......(please excuse the poor editing but I think you get the idea)

Richard

post-612-133522929538_thumb.jpg

As I have stated many times in many previous posts, I have a very narrow foot with a very high arches. Even though now this is advantageous for wearing high heels, growing up it was not fun. I had to wear "corrective shoes" with high arch supports and at one time when I was very young, there was talk of surgery on my feet. I am happy to say that I grew out of the major problems with my feet. But I am still more comfortable wearing high heels than any type of "flat" shoes with lower heels.

There will be no more posts from Pointegirl. She was waiting for a bus yesterday evening and when it arrived it skidded on some ice and hit her. Wearing ballet boots as usual, she was unable to save herself and fell awkwardly hitting her head on a stone wall. She died later without regaining consciousness. I am so sad - we have been bosom pals since we were at school tegether. May she rest in peace.