What Gender are You?

Hrm, 80% certainy that I am a woman.. 'But computers are never wrong!' heh I think you can get a more accurate reading if you just ask one question related to something else on thespark's website... "Did you find the stinkymeat projects interesting and amusing".. something tells me that sort of project falls into the "a guy thing" folder.. (and yes, I've enjoyed those projects with friends) :lol: Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I'm a man apparently, but than again I knew that clams were alive, preffered being lonely, and called the test retarded which were all supposed to be the female answers. I think it's all pretty random, apart from the question do you carry stuff in your pockets, or does your middle name end with a vowel. I think loads more womens names end with "a", so was that a "fair" question to ask in the context of the test. Also what was that crap about Canada?

I also scored 86% women but with my current gender dilema it doesn't surprise me at all. I really don't want to choose, I'm somewhere gliding between the very limiting choice of only 2 options as dictated by western modern society. I don't wish my worst enemy to be confronted with the same choice.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

First of all, I was born male and always lived as a male. I never had, and currently don't have any inclination to live as a woman. But according to the Gender Test, with 80% confidance, I am a woman.

I clicked on their feedback button to inform them that they had made a mistake in my case. Here is what I received in reponse in part:

You know, for every question, we track very carefully what each gender answers. This allows us to guess with the utmost accuracy what you are. And in the rare case where we guess incorrectly (like now), we have the opportunity to learn from nature's mistake. You.

People like you, who walk the scary line between man and woman, are *very* helpful in understanding exactly what it means to be human. Thanks, and good luck.

TheSpark.com wishes to thank all 3,790,618 females (57%) and 2,816,230 males (43%) who have taken the Gender Test thus far. This experiment is something we're quite proud of. Did you know that men are more likely to call this test retarded than women? Women are more likely to choose being lonely (over bleeding to death) than men. Men prefer white bedrooms. Women prefer blue bedrooms.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Hrm, 80% certainy that I am a woman.. 'But computers are never wrong!' ..... heh

Please remember that it is either the program instructions or the data that is wrong, not the computer. The computer cannot do anything without program instructions and data, both provided by error-prone humans. A computer can be programmed to compute 2 + 2 = 5 with incorrect program instructions.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Well, no surprise, 80% likelyhood of being a woman. Hrm, let me check. *shuffling of clothing sounds* yes, it's correct, female. Wow. These tests are useless. And as for clams, anyone who cooks and watches cooking shows know they are alive, and should still be alive when you cook them. Dead clams smell, and their shells start to open. If not open, once cooked, the shells stay closed. Never eat a mussel or clam that's been cooked, but has a closed shell. That's a very bad sign, means it wasn't alive, and didn't try to open up and escape while being cooked! (okay, so it's not an escape, it's a futile attempt to regulate body temperature that proves they are worth eating, and makes everything delicious!)

I was actually 80% male and Yam, who found this link, was female. My sister has always said I can be a bit blokey as I can concentrate on one thing whilst chaos reigns around me and I have to admit that I am not typically female in that I am not comfortable with multi-tasking, which I'm told is a female trait. Interestingly enough one time Yam rang me I was lifting floor tiles in my kitchen whilst he was baking cakes in his, something we laugh about often... but on the outside I'm definately very very feminine! :lol:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Just had a weird thought... Does that mean that as I'm a male that I shouldn't be wearing heels?

Let calm be widespread

86% female certainty! I don't necessarily prefer blue bedrooms--it's just that ANYTHING is preferable to white (YECCH).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

See Az that's where I went wrong then! I preferred the white room because I thought it was more peaceful sounding... I closed my eyes and imagined being in each room and the white one seemed nicer, more peaceful, bright and quiet. Whereas the blue one, much as I love blue and have a lot of blue around my home and wardrobe and jewellry for that matter, but a whole blue room :lol:, felt cold and dark

Let calm be widespread

I was 50-50. as far as I can tell. The results page was confusing. The cross hair was at 50% and they say I'm definitely a man, which I ma. The figure has a man's head and a woman's body, with heels of course. Maybe there's a message there. Hmmmmm. :lol:

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I think some people who give the answers to this test might manipulate them as to whether they want the result to come up man or woman depending on how they regard themsleves. For example the one with the shapes filling in the sequence. The female answer is the purple diamond because girls are supposed to be more aware of colours. The male answer is the red circle because that completes the alternation of circles and squares responding to supposed male traits of spatial awareness. Or the one with the kid/money. The women are supposed to answer call the parents because they are supposed to be more compassionate whereas the guys call the police as they are more practical. Or the internet; Women prefer communication. Men prefer information.... so it goes on. In fact I had no particular opinion one way or the other on most the questions so could take it again and come up with any result I want as I can second guess the answers. Does that make the test retarded? I think so! (Postcript: Just to prove it, I did put in all the obvioulsy stereotypical female answers and got 86% confidence I was a woman).

Just had a weird thought...

Does that mean that as I'm a male that I shouldn't be wearing heels?

I don't see why - I'm male (well, not according to the test) and I'm wearing heels :lol:

I was something like 75% female. And of course I'd like a blue bedroom and I hate being lonely :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

According to the quiz, I'm a man with 80% confidence. But most of my friends are women and with the exception of guns I'm not really into sports or other manly activities. On the other hand my best friend Dottie has strongly masculine qualities. She is analytical and objective rather than emotional and those are characteristics that I like to think I have also. I'll ask Dottie to take the quiz and see what she scores.

Michael

According to biology I am a male, but according to the quiz I am a woman with 80% confidance. I have also been told by women that I am socialized like a woman, which would be gender, not sex. So, I deal with the world and people mostly like what society expects of a woman (a gender designation); except in the bed and bath, where biology take over. Seems to have worked so far.

Go gently through life.

I think your double Y makes you genetically unique. In fact since the Y Chromosone is supposd to be unstable (hence theories about increasing male infertility etc) you may well disappear up your own arse at any time. Enjoy life while you can :lol: (Sorry to be off-topic again. You may continue with pertinent discussion of the test and ignore my stupidity :lol: )

Well, it was 50-50 that I was definitely a woman. I do like the use of the word definitely, when the level of certainty was only 50%. Good thing the other 50% was male, 'cause last I looked, that thing was still there!

I think your double Y makes you genetically unique. In fact since the Y Chromosone is supposd to be unstable (hence theories about increasing male infertility etc) you may well disappear up your own arse at any time.

Enjoy life while you can :lol:

(Sorry to be off-topic again. You may continue with pertinent discussion of the test and ignore my stupidity :lol: )

Wow! A mention from Firefox - I'm a celeb now :cry: !

And what's wrong with my YamYam chromosome? I quite like it... it's a lovely shade of purple and elegantly shod, too :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"