Heeling during the Yuletide Season??

HappyinHeels

Hi All, Back from three weeks in sunny ( and warm South America)and back into the cold Wisconsin winter air. I am curious how many of us will don our heels, probably boots I imagine, while we do Christmas shopping?? I wore my Zoey boots with 5" heels I got at Macy's in October to Gurnee Mills ( a northern Illinois mall) on Wednesday while shopping for something else. Really comfortable and warm!!!!:) HappyinHeels PS- I was in Colombia,Brazil,Argentina, and Peru and saw heels of all heights. I saw more wedges in Brazil than anywhere in my life. Rio de Janeiro is like wedge heel and there are such a density of shoe stores!

I have the last two years and plan to do so this year. I even went into our city's largest mall in high heels two years ago and Christmas shopped. I was there pretty early on a weekday, so I didn't draw too much attention.

Since the summer (sandal season) is gone, and I'm not a boot guy, I will spend the winter months out and about in clogs, with some sandal wearing on the occasional kinda warm days... Merry Christmas to all !!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

bootmebaby, Yes, Rio de Janiero was nice and I certainly see how the world will enjoy themselves when the city hosts the 2014 World Cup finals and then the 2016 Olympics. Truth is the weather was very comfortable with highs 77-83 and very few sunbathers on either Copacabana or Ipanema beaches. This does change on the weekends however. The only breathtaking (literally) place on the trip was arriving from Lima at sea level into Cuzco which sits at 11,400 feet in southern Peru. Once you spend a few days above 7500 ft. then Cuzco is no problem. The whole continent is amazing which is why I recommend it to anyone. 30 years of working, putting up with traffic jams, spinouts snow drifts and black ice, frozen windshield wipers, and taking a bag lunch allowed me to save the money and gave me perspective to take and enjoy such a trip. HappyinHeels