Advice, please

Awtucs

Hi, I was thinkin about buying these shoes (please see attached 37389000_t1.jpg). Would they be suitable with long jeans or similar, possibly street heeling? The heel is quite high, but the style is more 'neutral' as it were... Opinions are very much valued! Was by the way thinking about buying a few sandals too (also attached) but those are more for fun (and/or indoors, this time of the year :)) /A.

post-27132-133522929274_thumb.jpg

post-27132-133522929275_thumb.jpg

post-27132-133522929277_thumb.jpg

post-27132-133522929278_thumb.jpg

post-27132-133522929278_thumb.jpg

I think almost anything with a block heel would be fine. I have two pairs of ankle boots with similar size heels that I've gone out in before. One pair the heel is 3 1/4", the other over 4 1/2". I wouldn't think this pair looks to be any higher.

Thanks for the input, jwhite 44, it's much appreciated!

Yep, I think they're no more than 3,5", which neatly would add a bit to my 6'1" height. Just hope it gets a little warmer here again (-7 C ~ 20 F now) so I can use them.

The first pair should be fine for street heeling as they don't look to feminine. You could get jeans/trouser with a longer leg than you normally wear. This would make them less obvious as high heels.

I agree with hh4evr1 if you are looking for a higher heeled shoe for street heeling and to wear with long jeans. No one will even notice that you are wearing a higher-heeled shoe and if they do, they won't give it a second look.

Just hope it gets a little warmer here again (-7 C ~ 20 F now) so I can use them.

You might consider a pair of block heeled boots for those temperatures.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

The first pair should be fine for street heeling as they don't look to feminine. You could get jeans/trouser with a longer leg than you normally wear. This would make them less obvious as high heels.

Ah, thanks for the tip - will probably do that!

Hi, the first choice as others have rightly said would be a good street heeling shoe. Sturdy heel and good support - so its both inconspicuous (no skin showing on your forefoot from under jeans) and the extra support and control that this style of loafer shoe gives (vs a pump say) will help with better high-heel-control. Looks like a good height too. Have fun Cheers Heel-Lover

I have been wearing a pair very similar to those since long pant season came in. I wear them everywhere. the only comment I heard was from a child asking his mother how she knew I was wearing "cowboy boots". I am still learning to deal with the click-clack that I have to force myself to ignore because at times it makes me very self conscious. I do not , however, let it interfere with the confidence I project while walking around. If you could find a pair (if possible) with a rubber heel that was quiet you could be very secure in wearing them without notice from anyone. Good luck.

...If you could find a pair (if possible) with a rubber heel that was quiet you could be very secure in wearing them without notice from anyone. Good luck.

Was always my goal, finally found a pair http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224309

Both the heel and sole have a rubber-like (sole-> anti-slip) coating, which makes them practically quiet. Definitely no 'click' that you'd hear from a hard-sole sole.