Winter heeling

ShockQueen

As you know, up north it gets cold, and what comes with cold but snow? Well, as one who still likes pumps and other assorted heels, I've done a ritual where I wear my slog shoes (whatever male shoes works) out in the snow and yuck, and then when I get to work, I take them off under my desk and get my nice heels out of my purse to wear for the day. It's well big enough to handle MY shoes, dahlinks! Any other guys do this during the winter? Inquiring minds want to know!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Yep, many times I'll put a pair of indoor shoes in my bag to wear at the office. I usually wear heeled boots to the office in cold/snowy weather, but my feet get too hot all day in boots indoors, so I prefer other shoes. I also keep a spare pair of heeled clogs at the office. Steve

I really envy you being able to wear heels at work. Somehow I don't think they'd be proper in a machine shop (lmao).

Joni

That's for sure, and anything I wear to work has the added benefit of grease, grimes, varius industrial oils along with the chips.

How about some steel toe wedge boots???? - - -Yea- - - rightt!!!! Not gonna happen.

??? Steel mill strappies ?? Talk about the industrial look

Hi, Here in Tallinn, Estonia, North-Easten Europe, it is again quite snowy and getting colder :lmao: I've found that good winter boots have the following features: - some platform (so that you toes won't get cold when its cold, and won't get so wet when its wet) - good pattern at the sole, so that you won't slide so easily - cone or cuban heels that pierce slightly into hard snow, so that you are less likely to slide, but not too much (as stilettos would do) so that you won't get stuck. I have a couple of pairs like that, and i'm now wearing them often. I'm a very practical man, you know.. :) happy heeling :lmao: k6ps

I really envy you being able to wear heels at work. Somehow I don't think they'd be proper in a machine shop (lmao).

Joni

What makes it funny at times, is that now the ladies EXPECT to see me dressed up on a daily basis!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I have a pair of Kors wedge boots with a warm lining and wedge sole that should be warm. My only problem is that they are suede, so not sure how well they will hold up in the wet. Any colder and I've been enjoying the old style Moon Boots :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Having just discovered the pleasures of heels by way of 6in platform thigh boots over my leggings I can't think of a better time of year to wear them. My first two outings have been fabulous and warm. Maybe the warmth is coming from the glow of pleasure I've got from my new boots :)