The Sound of "Music" High heels

hoverfly

Are high heels just more than a visual stimulation? Today I bought a pair of size 12 (USA) women’s black, mid calf boots, with a 2 inch chunky heel, and square toe box. I am trying to develop support from my wife in me wearing high heels in public. I put them on before she came home and did some house work. When she came home I was in front of the kitchen sink making dinner. She did not noticed what I was wearing until I lifted up a pant leg, and asked her what she thought of my latest buy. She just rolled :smile: and just mumbled. B) Then she mentioned that my boots were border line for a man to wear "I guess that can be some kind of approval". She continued to say, but they sounded like a women walking about. Hmmmm. I thought about it and a man's heel striking the ground sounded duller, not sharp like a typical women’s heel. What do you think??? <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-19 05:21 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

That depends. I've heard 'men's' shoes that sounded pretty sharp myself, so you have to wonder sometimes. I think it just comes down to the materials involved in the production.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

isn't there a difference in the way women and men walk too? I once heard, that if you as a guy wanted to imitate the sound of a woman walking, use hard iron-tapped heels and take tiny, small steps carefully, and then you'll probably see lots of guys in the street, turning their heads.

I think the main reason women take smaller steps is mainly due to them being slightly smaller than men, and consequently have slightly shorter legs. Also, high heels will also shorten your stride. As far as the sound of shoes is concerned, many traditional mens dress shoes also have a harder heel and will make a distinctive clack on the pavement. Hope this is of help

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

I know for one thing. When somebody is walking around making noise with heels of any kind, the first thing that come through my hormonal mind is, Mmmmmmmm women!!!!. Then I start homing in on that sound, looking around. Nine times out of ten I see women, but once in a while I get fooled. Awwww!!! Dam!!! Man! :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

my knee high boots and wedge sandals, as well as my DVS flat skateboarding shoes dont make any noise...why? because they both have rubber heels...a womens shoes will only make a noise if they are thin stilleto or metal / plastic / wood heel...a lot dont fit those criteria

Posted Image

I deliberately add hard steel screws on the bottom of my heels. This has two effects. To protect my valuable shoes and also to make sure I get noticed. Thus more people will see how various heels can look on a guy. As soon as they get more used to seeing it, others do it too.

You know, Firefox, from that angle under the boots, I come up with another visual, of heeled boots that are masculine. Do not ask me why, but I can see it. I think people will take notice and maybe you will start a manly trend! It may not be a stiletto trend, but it will be something men can do and still feel all manly and secure. I see something that is a mix between a manly western cowboy boot and a high heeled fashion boot. I cannot elaborate any further, the image is still lost in haze.

Some one with a vision.......Be our leader be our leader!!!!! :smile: oops...spelling I'm a bad boy... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-02-26 07:38 ]</font>

OUR, it is our, not are. If you would like me to lead, yes I will, but you must pay me. Hey, I have bills to pay, shoes to buy, and, um, oh yes, I must try making gravalox, and salmon isn't going to just fall from the sky! And it tastes so good, how can I not make my own version? So let me know when you have a money order ready, and I will lead this crusade fr shoe equality, even if I am not 100% sure about it.

Gravadlax I think she means; anyway, I'm sure you know about that more than most TD!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know Laurie mentioned the more masculine lines of these boots. Here's two more pictures. The 3 1/2" heel is hidden in the flowing lines. Also, putting in screws doesn't ruin the shoes, it protects them, but you have to be careful not to put them in too near the edge.

Let's get back on topic discussing the sound that shoes make :smile:

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-26 22:09 ]</font>

I like the boots posted by the previous person. They would look good on girls or boys. I'd wear them with a pair of jeans for casual at weekends. Such boots are fine, but I do prefer the sharp sound of a stiletto beneath me. It says "I'm coming B) " However, looking at those screws they would make a racket too but it would be a slightly different sound! ~Caz :smile:

Sorry Trolldeg, I was taught Danish by my Mum, and she only teaches me to speak it, not spell anything. In North America, it is just lox. I would have said that, but I wished to try and express some cultural aspect of where it came from. Oh well. Can I still be the leader, folks? Huh? :smile: And thanks Firefox.