Opinions Please

Mr. X

There is a store here in town that carries this exact shoe. They are a little pricey at $89 here before taxes, but man are they hot! I have never spent more than $100 on a pair of shoes. I rarely spend half that. I am severely tempted though.

Should I splurge?

http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/carrielee-2-black-multi-satin.html

If I had the chance to get hold of a pair of Carries I would have done so long ago. Unfortunately the Guess/Marciano stores here don't sell shoes. I wouldn't doubt and go for them.

I checked the link out and I have to say that those are some great looking shoes. They're just perfect for the this coming holiday season and the parties that usually are held at this time of year. Great find. However, I noticed a "sold out" sign posted with the shoes. So, I guess you waited a "tad" to long to order them. From that supplier at least. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I checked the link out and I have to say that those are some great looking shoes. They're just perfect for the this coming holiday season and the parties that usually are held at this time of year. Great find. However, I noticed a "sold out" sign posted with the shoes. So, I guess you waited a "tad" to long to order them. From that supplier at least. :wave:

Actually Bubba, I would not be ordering them online. The Shoe Company, for those that live in Canada, are carrying them. At least in my store they are. I already tried them on. They look even better in person, and on my feet. And you can really notice the highness of the heel height when A platform is not involved. My favorite kind!

I think is pricy, i have a similar pair but it has a thinner metal heel, and the pattern is a little different, it looks nice it is a ZARA brand, maybe you can look for that one over the net in ebay etc, and it may cost less than a Benjamin

V. Morpho

Very sexy shoe. The cut of the pump through the arch exposes the foot really nicely. They look awesome on and they are a study heel. A good friend of mine has 5 pairs of that shoe/ brand or similar style and she swears they are really comfortable to. Go for it - they are well worth it. Heel-Lover

Well I broke down and purchased them. I'm so glad I did, and that they still had my size left. Pictures do not do this shoe justice. I also won a little money tonight which was a bonus. It helped reduce the cost to around half price. And in many of the reviews I have read on these shoes, people say they are very comfortable, despite the 4 inch heel. And they are right. These are some of the most comfortable shoes I own, heels or otherwise. Everyone must own a Guess "Carrie" pump.

No, you shouldn't Mr X. That's way to much money for chinese shoes. They aren't even leather. Chinese shoes are all right for a light person. But for a man...no way! They are poorly made and will fall apart. Always buy quality European heels. I have several pair of stilettos. One from england and several from Italy. I weigh close to 200 pounds and I can't destroy them.

• 2 weeks later...

Tetonheeler: common man!!!dont rain on Mr x parade!!! he got them already and is very happy heeling, and by the way most of the shoes are Chinese origin, European shoes are only the brand and most of them are manufactured in china. (of course there are some exceptions) Further more 200lb is not that heavy, seen ladies weighing more than 300lbs on spike high heel no problems on the shoe materials. I also though they were pricey but what the heck, Mr X wanted them so bad, i also made some purchases using my feelings as well and never regret.

V. Morpho

Mr.X, Go out and enjoy your shoes, life is a one-way adventure lasting 75-80 years or so, have fun while you're in it!! Saw the banter about Chinese vs European manufactured shoes. Everyone knows how widespread Chinese-made shoes are but I just returned from South America where I didn't see any among the shoe stores I checked from Colombia to Brazil to and only the occasional pair or two in Peru. What I found was either Brazilian-made shoes and boots or, in the case of Colombia and Peru, shoes and boots made in that country. Brazilian-made shoes and boots are well-made and quite affordable. In fact, what I noticed most was that everything imaginable from computers, to air conditioning units, to clothing and footwear was all made in Brazil. It reminded me of a time when the US made everything it put on the shelf. This may explain why Brazil was less affected by the global economic recession in 2008 and 2009 than most countries. HappyinHeels

As I said earlier. I did buy them and I am enjoying them. Where they were made rarely enters my thought process when buying a pair of shoes. For me it usually comes down to looks 1st and then price a close 2nd.

Mr.X,

This may explain why Brazil was less affected by the global economic recession in 2008 and 2009 than most countries.

HappyinHeels

That and they're not tied to the oil sink hole that most of the rest of us are because they're powering their economy with ethenol made from their abundance of sugar cane and from what I understand, are virtually gas free. Good to know that they have a great, inexpensive selection of heels as I may end up moving there..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying