Prince William and Kate Middleton

In what way were Ms Beckhams shoes "customised" by Louboutin?

Surely, they're simply the new Dafodile model?

My wife (who is knowledgeable in these maters) informs me that they were a custom colour - Navy blue to match her dress.

Anyone can order Louboutin's in a custom colour - if they have the money!

Kate's wedding shoes were made by Alexander McQueen.

The link is of a similar pair

Like those, same style of shoes you normally see her in(obviously not in white lace though!!).

Anybody have any idea what shoe size she is - at 5ft 10in i would think a UK7 or UK8 at a push. THe black wedge shoes she's been wearing the last few days look big so i reckon the sizes i've given above are plausable.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Like those, same style of shoes you normally see her in(obviously not in white lace though!!).

Anybody have any idea what shoe size she is - at 5ft 10in i would think a UK7 or UK8 at a push. THe black wedge shoes she's been wearing the last few days look big so i reckon the sizes i've given above are plausable.

Published info indicates that Kate wears a UK8. Given her height, I would have been surprised if it had been any smaller.

(Sorry, barney, Kate's cast-offs won't quite fit you!)

Am I the only one then who thought Victoria's shoes to be gross? Take 2" off those huge clumpy platforms, taper the toe and you might have a shoe that is both elegant and wearable.

well don´t forget she is pregnant. so adding platform eventually is a good compromise for her to feel less ... well what ever women might feel when they are pregnant :smile::D.

but also a point is the more often you see such platforms the more you get used to them... though I think everybody would agree less platform would look more elegantly.

I just can't get over the massive overload on the ridiculous hats at the royal shindig, oh my....

I love hats too but I have to agree, some of them looked more than funny :wave:... and if I would think a hat to be meant to flatter a persons optic or to perfect an outfit, then I really don´t know what those very ehm special hats were created for.

Am I the only one then who thought Victoria's shoes to be gross? Take 2" off those huge clumpy platforms, taper the toe and you might have a shoe that is both elegant and wearable.

No I'm with you on that ...

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

No I'm with you on that ...

I think pata is correct in surmizing that since Victoria Beckham is pregnant, she might have felt a little more secure or stable with the higher platform. I know she loves high heels and had these made not only for the occassion but her condition.

I think pata is correct in surmizing that since Victoria Beckham is pregnant, she might have felt a little more secure or stable with the higher platform. I know she loves high heels and had these made not only for the occassion but her condition.

Yes, I think Pata's assumption is correct but I fail to see how any platform shoe like Victoria was wearing could be considered 'stable' (let alone 'more stable') with such a high platform. OK, she loves high heels (a strange concept, that!), but does she really crave an unstable 6" height boost (but with only about 4" of rise) more than the straight 4" that an equivalent non-platform shoe would give her?

IMHO, she would have looked a darn sight more elegant - and been more comfortable and safe - in a 4" single-sole stiletto (if a 5" was too much in her condition).

Yes, I think Pata's assumption is correct but I fail to see how any platform shoe like Victoria was wearing could be considered 'stable' (let alone 'more stable') with such a high platform. OK, she loves high heels (a strange concept, that!), but does she really crave an unstable 6" height boost (but with only about 4" of rise) more than the straight 4" that an equivalent non-platform shoe would give her?

IMHO, she would have looked a darn sight more elegant - and been more comfortable and safe - in a 4" single-sole stiletto (if a 5" was too much in her condition).

You might be right. Sometimes good intentions overrides common sense. I would think the last thing she would want to do is take a fall off of those very high heels, especially being pregnant.

well it is not that much about stability I think .. on the one hand I guess when pregnant she would feel better on 10 cm (difference) even if usually wearing 12 cm and second is women feel thick when pregnant. so an extreme platform stretches the proportions - I can imagine it is a point as for her optics resp. weight issues seem very important.