Necktie alternatifs

quidam

Just say "NO" to neckties and anything that looks like them. They serve no purpose. Women don't wear them, why should men tie a piece of fabric around their neck that points to their penis? It makes no sense!

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Oooooohhhhhhh - Neckties. Nothing like putting a decorative noose around your neck.:wave: I quit wearing neckties when I left a cubicle farm engineering department. Nothing like sharing a huge room with 50 other people with no outside windows, having to dress up for work, and never seeing anyone else except your office mates, and the other department cubicle farms. I did save some of my Grandfathers skinny silk ones from the 30's and 40's but I haven't worn one in a good 20 years. OK - - I take that back. I did use one as a headband once. I ran out of bandanas, but it was a newer knit tie from the 80's.

Actually - a neck tie says a lot about a man, as do his shoes. A cheap tie, or a badly tied example are very definitely 'turn-off's' for girls. Subtle design will set you apart from the 50 other sweaty bodies in the office.

A decent silk tie, well dressed and with a tasteful colour and smart design, is very attractive and rather distinguished.

Of course - the suit and shoes have to be up to the job too. A decent tie and a shoddy suit and footwear really don't work either!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

That's right, I pay close attention to what one is wearing on their feet. Many a time I see a pair of ugly, mass-produced, non-shapely or outright vulgar footwear. The 'best' a.k.a. worst example is wearing a pair of athletic shoes with a suit. I'm discriminate about my footwear [and wear mostly "men's" oxfords]; even though all pairs of mine come from thrift stores or online auctions, quite a lot of people appreciate them. When I like the way a shoe looks on my foot and goes with my clothes, I buy it.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!