high high fashion boots i designed...

loco1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is an attractive design. Very "fetishttic (if there is such a word?)." I wonder how much it would cost to have them made? :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Very nice like the really thin metal heels, personally would like to loose the platform but keep the same relative heel height

hi everyone,

i just wanted to share what i designed - a mixture of fetish and fashion.

No, you didn't design them, you drew pretty pictures of them.

With all due respect most people can draw pictures of shoes but it takes three years of education to actually make them work.

They could probably be made but there would have to be a lot of alterations before that could be done. I do like the strap detail though.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

loco1. OK, now you've done it, you got my blood pumping. Are you going to have those boots custom made ? I love the design, heel shape and height. Also, I especially like the brown that fades to chocolate color. Class all the way. If they are made, the heel and platform can be made in any height. Please send me a private message. I would like to converse, more in length, about these boots. Mike

No, you didn't design them, you drew pretty pictures of them.

With all due respect most people can draw pictures of shoes but it takes three years of education to actually make them work.

They could probably be made but there would have to be a lot of alterations before that could be done. I do like the strap detail though.

dear dr. shoe (never thought i would say that...)

of course i designed them.

design is the process of layout/draft/conception/styling/composing!

that's exactly what i did with those boots from scratch.

think of a car designer responsible for the body. he doesn't have to worry too much about the engine.

and even if the craftmanship of a shoedesigner involves the art of making them possible/wearable - though i'm really not sure about that. i never said i could do that and i never said those were possible to build.

i'm not so sure that so many people could what you call 'draw' a shoe in a visual/photorealistic way like i did. cause i had over 3 years education in that visual field ; ))

and besides i wonder about the huge amount of discredit you meet with new posters.

but nevermind...

loco1. OK, now you've done it, you got my blood pumping. Are you going to have those boots custom made ? I love the design, heel shape and height. Also, I especially like the brown that fades to chocolate color. Class all the way. If they are made, the heel and platform can be made in any height. Please send me a private message. I would like to converse, more in length, about these boots. Mike

thanks mike for appreciating what i did : )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Great DESIGNS, please ignore any elitist comments. If a house is built a brick a day, it is not superior to a house built with haste. Knowledge (even 3 years worth) is nothing without imagination and passion. Have a great day.

i'm not so sure that so many people could what you call 'draw' a shoe in a visual/photorealistic way like i did. cause i had over 3 years education in that visual field ; ))

to me it looks like you took a photo of a regular boot, and stretched and twisted it in photoshop to look more extreme, and altered the colors.

to me it looks like you took a photo of a regular boot, and stretched and twisted it in photoshop to look more extreme, and altered the colors.

of course i got a few items from other photos. the basic front was taken from a fully flat shoe. leather structure was taken from two different boots. heel, metal heel and platform didn't exist at all. i stole the buckle too - but had to modify it as well. so a lot of compositing. it wasn't as easy as you suggested. but i take that as a compliment - since you thought i did almost nothing ; )))

of course i got a few items from other photos. the basic front was taken from a fully flat shoe. leather structure was taken from two different boots. heel, metal heel and platform didn't exist at all. i stole the buckle too - but had to modify it as well. so a lot of compositing. it wasn't as easy as you suggested. but i take that as a compliment - since you thought i did almost nothing ; )))

I didn't say I think it's easy to do, but certainly easier than creating something totally from scratch. I prefer to work in 3 dimensions.

I didn't say I think it's easy to do, but certainly easier than creating something totally from scratch. I prefer to work in 3 dimensions.

well as an 3d artist you also often make use of pre-built textures or even models of something.

and wether it is an mesh warp in photoshop or tweaking splines in maya/3ds max - wether it's dodge and burn ion photoshop or setting light.

i think it's similar. although i got a lot of respect for 3d artists.

i often work together with 3d guys for commercials.

besides flame/ds nitris/after effects/nuke-stuff where i can do simple 3d things too i switch to photoshop for stuff like this.

would love to see some of your 3d renders of heels or boots.

but the main thing here really is...that it'S not about the total visual perfection of those boots...it's more about the style the idea - the feel...

I have to say I'm with the doc on this one. To say you designed the boot would mean you have an education in footwear design. to say you did conceptual artwork would be more accurate. As an artist myself, I have to say that your photoshop work could use a little more practice as you can tell at a glance the boots are photoshoped. I don't think you did bad, just not great and you didn't design a shoe, you did concept art. I mainly have an issue with your wording. not your work.

I have to say I'm with the doc on this one. To say you designed the boot would mean you have an education in footwear design. to say you did conceptual artwork would be more accurate. As an artist myself, I have to say that your photoshop work could use a little more practice as you can tell at a glance the boots are photoshoped. I don't think you did bad, just not great and you didn't design a shoe, you did concept art. I mainly have an issue with your wording. not your work.

whatever....i'm tired of getting the feeling i have to justify myself.

i posted those boots here for the sake of boots.

i've got enough education concerning photoshop - trust me.

this is not meant to be a flawless visual reproduction of something nor was it supposed to be art or anything like that.

it was meant to show my idea. i could have spent a few more hours on a few details - but for what reason? i'm not getting paid for this.

it was just for fun while i was bored on a rainy sunday afternoon.

regarding the "design term" - there seems to be a slight discrepancy of

use in german and anglo-saxon.

but actually i give up. i did whatever to those shoes and showed them to you.

but i'm rather dissappointed that there's almost more discussion about my words than about the boots.

i thought this was a shoe forum. maybe i was wrong...

can´t understand, what the whole discussion is about. do someone of you really think, that the great designers don´t take their ideas, or parts of them, from others? one detail, here, one detail there....just a scrubby drawing and weeks of work and thousands of dollars for digitalising what the great designer maybe meant. and even if you use cadcams like ps-shoemaker or similiar software, you just "draw" what you´ve seen before and what had influenced your mind... the result is always the same. a realistic looking picture, of a thing, which maybe could be produced...(here ends the "artwork") now it´s up to the professionals in shoemaking to research and develop technics how to build that thing to satisfy the designers purse. great look, cheap costs ...allways look on the bright side of life (whistle...) p.s.: could somebody make me a 3d-modell of my old "designs" from 2007? i think it´s time to get famous...:wave:

post-7062-133522928189_thumb.jpg

post-7062-133522928195_thumb.jpg

Is it something special about footwear?

People successfully do things they have not been formally trained to do every day.

And back on topic, I like the boots very much. I do believe the heels are higher than I could successfully manage, but if they were sold, I'd be tempted to try them.