Why u don't come out about HH?

scarpin

Hello to anybody, I don't cuz my family, friends and to be honest anyone in this prejudiced country that I live will accept me. When i lived In Europe It was so common this kind of things, or better, the people respect's other people opinion. I'm really thinking about to move on from here to have some freedom about my choices and who I'm.

The world is so ingrained with the thinking that men don't want or need to wear high heels. Some areas are not so stern in this thought and are willing to concede that men should have this choice, but the attitude is still there. Hopefully, a way will open up and people will see that men, as well as women, want to have high heels as part of their wardrobe selections. It wasn't so long ago that most women were usually known as the wife or daughter of a man. Now, since they have asserted their right to be treated equal to men, they have opened their possibilities to choose. As men, we have to follow their example and be just as assertive for our right to choose. It isn't going to be given to us on a silver platter. Some feathers are going to get ruffled. Changing social attitudes is probably the hardest undertaking known. However, if the truth about how men really feel about having the freedom to choose like women have achieved is ever fully understood, this monumental stump could be eliminated in a relatively short period of time.

The world is so ingrained with the thinking that men don't want or need to wear high heels. Some areas are not so stern in this thought and are willing to concede that men should have this choice, but the attitude is still there. Hopefully, a way will open up and people will see that men, as well as women, want to have high heels as part of their wardrobe selections.

It wasn't so long ago that most women were usually known as the wife or daughter of a man. Now, since they have asserted their right to be treated equal to men, they have opened their possibilities to choose. As men, we have to follow their example and be just as assertive for our right to choose. It isn't going to be given to us on a silver platter. Some feathers are going to get ruffled. Changing social attitudes is probably the hardest undertaking known. However, if the truth about how men really feel about having the freedom to choose like women have achieved is ever fully understood, this monumental stump could be eliminated in a relatively short period of time.

Unforunately, as long as the media and the advertising industry keep promoting male and female stereotypes - public understanding will remain poor.

You see this 'stereotyping' in almost anything these days - car adverts, perfumes and fragrances, sportswear, clothing, drinks, furniture, just about any advert subliminally promotes male and female stereotyping nowadays.You also see it in TV programmes, movies, comedy shows etc - when a man is required to wear ladies clothing or a pair of high heels - there are always jibes and unsubtle asides about cross-dressing and transvestites.

Here's another example of subliminal stereotyping....'Yorkie' chocolate bars. They blatantly have printed on the wrappers - 'NOT FOR GIRLS'.....implying that girls are soft and fluffy...and not tough enough for a 'man's' confectionery.

How sexist and small minded is that....??!!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It would appear that the world has moved on and most things are now accepted and even embraced compared to 20 years ago. Several groups of people could easily be insulted and abused openly and became an easy target for all to socially mock and ridicule. Thankfully for most of those groups this no longer happens but men not conforming to the required 'macho' atire remain the group that it is still acceptable to mock. We are 'not normal' or perverts so fair game for those wishing to dish out insults at our expense. Hopefully in 20 years time we will get the equality and freedom we deserve, as for now we must try to gain the confidence to celebrate our choice of footware and act as pioneers for change. Not easy but the more of us there are the more we will be accepted.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Here's another example of subliminal stereotyping....'Yorkie' chocolate bars. They blatantly have printed on the wrappers - 'NOT FOR GIRLS'.....implying that girls are soft and fluffy...and not tough enough for a 'man's' confectionery.

Now, here's an Idea :( Lets transfer the stigma of deviancy to women eating men's chocolate bars.....then, we can hoot, point and holler at them as they eat "men's chocolate bars" while we wear our high heels.....:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think you'll find that's just a humorous marketing angle. Go ahead - buy one & eat it in your local high street to see how many frowns, stares, sniggers, points & nudges it elicits.

Meanwhile, if I buy a pair of stiletto ankle boots in River Island and wear them onto the street, the sky falls in (seemingly!) :wave::(

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I would love to come out of the closet, but I feel more comfortable wearing my heels at home, if it wasn't so I would wear my heels all of the time even in view of the public and never wear any shoe with a heel less then 4 inches high.

Could we use the term shoebox, much less gender suggestive.

Al

I would love to come out of the closet, but I feel more comfortable wearing my heels at home, if it wasn't so I would wear my heels all of the time even in view of the public and never wear any shoe with a heel less then 4 inches high.

As I have told many who don't wear high heels in public, don't worry about it. If you are not comfortable wearing high heels in public but more comfortable in private, do so. Maybe someday you will want to, and if so, take your time and don't rush things. Just have fun and enjoy your high heels.

well roniheels, I usually wear my NINE WEST knee high boots with 4 inch blade heels around the house, I have worn them out @ times but I find that from a comfort point of view my feet hurt more if I wear those particular pair of boots more than just a little while, (2 hours @ the most) now I do wear my DEMONIA boots (the black "avitar" ones seen in here) a lot more because my feet are much more comfortable & therfore "suited" let's say in those,besides my AEROSOLE boots with 3 inch heels, & my DEMONIA platform sneakers- I have to find out just for myself what works for my feet & what does not!:wave:

As I have told many who don't wear high heels in public, don't worry about it. If you are not comfortable wearing high heels in public but more comfortable in private, do so. Maybe someday you will want to, and if so, take your time and don't rush things. Just have fun and enjoy your high heels.

I concur with your advice to be yourself and do your own schedule. However, keep in mind that those who have become openly active heelers kick themselves for waiting for the right time to come. You have to make the time right to enjoy the opportunities of your endeavors. The achievements from women's suffrage is an example of making the right things happen. Had they waited for someone else to liberate their situation, women would still be thought of as the woman of the house, waiting for their man to bring home the bacon and we would still be back in a dark age dealing with a type of feudalism.

Could we use the term shoebox, much less gender suggestive.

Al

Well... even I, as a feminist, see nothing gender-suggestive about the "closet". It may suggest non-heterosexual orientation because it's mostly used with regard to gay/les/bi people, but I don't understand the thing about gender.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!