What heels to wear with short skirts?

barbara

I love short skirts.wear them alot,weather permiting. I usally wear 2 to 3 inch mules or slides in the summer. I think higher heel pumps look good too.Tried boots with them several times but dont like how they look on me.

It's a matter of personal preference. I always think that unless you're Daisy Duke that high sandals with a very short skirt or hotpants will make you look like a whore. Thigh boots even more so. The happy medium is knee or calf boots...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There Ms. B.. Is it with High HEELed or High SHAFTed BOOTS you don't like the Short Skirt Look??? Unless doing already so out of your own FootWearDrobe, go to your Fave Store(s) dress in "SS" and try on different Boot combos. Good Luck hoping you find atleast 1 pair to your Liking. ~~b'luv. <3

Boots Rock!!!!

• 6 months later...

I think the style of the skirt and the rest of the outfit would have alot to do with what footwear looked good with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't wear short skirts myself but I think flat shoes look better. So long as you don't wear clogs, trainers, oxfords, ankle boots, crocs, or socks you'll look great. If you're going to wear heeled boots then a simple clean design in black or brown and Knee high will look better or just below the knee.

I think the style of the skirt and the rest of the outfit would have alot to do with what footwear looked good with it.

My very thoughts as well Shafted. There are so many potential variables in the question.

Apart form the style, surely the purpose of short skirts is, to some extent, to show off the legs to their best advantage - and super heels are not necessarily the best IMHO.

So it is difficult to give a straight and definitive answer, but Amanda is certainly right - no clogs, trainers, clumpy shoes and DEFINITELY not Uggs :)

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I don't wear short skirts myself but I think flat shoes look better.

I hate to disagree with Roxy, but i am with Amanda on this one after seeing a young lady walk i front of me at some traffic lights today.

She was wearing a nicely short and wide skirt with flats - and she looked superb in the combination.

Obviously, had it been a tighter skirt some heels may have looked better, but not too high, unless you are going for the tart look!!

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I hate to disagree with Roxy, but i am with Amanda on this one after seeing a young lady walk i front of me at some traffic lights today.

She was wearing a nicely short and wide skirt with flats - and she looked superb in the combination.

Obviously, had it been a tighter skirt some heels may have looked better, but not too high, unless you are going for the tart look!!

I guess she was beatiful..and you' re a guy :) :)

Elegance is my second name

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Short Skirts I wear Mary Jane Stiletto pumps and/or Thigh High Boots ( all with 6"high heels) with my 18" skirts. I do like this style for my own pleasure and (Hopefully) to shock the public that see me. Don't think I will shock anyone in New York next March (2012). Spikesmike