Replacing heel tips-one or both?

I recently went through my closet and pulled out a pair of over the knee boots I purchased around twenty years ago. I realized the reason I haven't worn them lately was that the left shoe needs to have the rubber heel tip replaced. The other seems to be fine. I have a question though. When I get the left tip replaced, should I also have the right one replaced just to be sure, you know that it won't fail or that the heel heights would be uneven?

As a rule of thumb which ever "handed" you are, this will be the heel that wears the quickest. Even with this one fully worn, there will be wear to the other one & replacing just one can throw your bodies natural balence very slightly & can result in aches. You might find the different heels give different grip patterns which might cause problems on certain surfaces, as previously mentioned most heels are brought in pairs & the work involved in doing one, is pretty even to doing both, if you can find someone to do just one, you'll pay a premium for it. In my opinion its bad practice to do one shoe & not treat them as a "Pair of shoes" As an aside to this, if the shoes are 20 years old, i'd be willing to bet money on the fact that the remaining heel material would have perished by now & as soon as you walk on it, it will crumble away anyway. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother repairing them at all - just walk on the heel nails. Most girls do it anyway, and it's far nicer sound on the street.

& will probably reduce

A. the amount of times they could be repaired "In time"

B. Cost more to get repaired, as you might pay for the extra work

C. You'll end up ruining the heel blocks

Best get them repaired with the correct metal or rubber heels, you'll achieve the sound you prefer without reducing the life span from another 20 years! :wave:

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

• 3 weeks later...

& will probably reduce

A. the amount of times they could be repaired "In time"

B. Cost more to get repaired, as you might pay for the extra work

C. You'll end up ruining the heel blocks

Best get them repaired with the correct metal or rubber heels, you'll achieve the sound you prefer without reducing the life span from another 20 years! :)

Lee

I hate seeing what was a nice or at least what was a good pair of shoes trashed because of the inability or lazyness of someone not to retip their shoes. especially seeing the heel covering peeling up like a banana skin!

Having said that I have rescued some of my Chris's when they have more than hit metal. The dents in the laminate prove it! and she tried to blame it on me! Cheeky cow!

It doesn't take much to do or take long for the professionals.

I enjoy the challenge and expands my skill base.

However for that "special" pair I would put money on the counter without a doubt or hesitation.

Give them a treat, you wont regret it.

Al

Don't bother repairing them at all - just walk on the heel nails. Most girls do it anyway, and it's far nicer sound on the street.

I totally object to this sexist comment. MOST girls DO NOT leave their heels like this and walk on them, because MOST girls are NOT lazy, cheap and sluvenly.

If this is meant to be a joke - it's in poor taste. So please, either put a smiley on it, or use the word 'lots' - or just don't bother posting. Thanks.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi pussyinboots - Sorry if I caused offence, I didn't mean to - I was only making an observation. Where I live, I am quite confident in saying (from personal knowledge) that the VAST MAJORITY of girls aged 17-25 do not replace their heel tips and walk for the life of the shoe or boot on the heel nails. Yes maybe it's cheap or lazy or slovenly as you say, but none the less its a fact. Personally, I like it - but please don't jump down my throat for this opinion - each to their own surely? It also was not a sexist comment - again it was my opinion and observation as a stiletto heel fanatic! Regards, Spaceinvader

Hi pussyinboots -

Sorry if I caused offence, I didn't mean to - I was only making an observation. Where I live, I am quite confident in saying (from personal knowledge) that the VAST MAJORITY of girls aged 17-25 do not replace their heel tips and walk for the life of the shoe or boot on the heel nails. Yes maybe it's cheap or lazy or slovenly as you say, but none the less its a fact. Personally, I like it - but please don't jump down my throat for this opinion - each to their own surely?

It also was not a sexist comment - again it was my opinion and observation as a stiletto heel fanatic!

Regards,

Spaceinvader

Fair enough, I accept your comments. As you say, we're all entitled to our opinions.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"