Protecting thoes lovely heels

I was wondering if there are any devices or protectors to keep my heels from the savage surfaces from stealing the beauty from the tips of my heels. I walk on carpet and that's OK but the sidewalks are murder. On thing I was able to prevent was the side of my boots (leather/PVC part) from receiving Accelerator Pedal wear by putting down a microfiber pad down where I my heel rests to operate the pedal. As for the Former problem am at a loss.:wave:

I had anticipated the possible damages my new boots would get. It's one of the reasons I stayed with a bigger stacked heel. Since I have been driving with western bbots for years, I knew what to expect. For me, gravel is the killer. Asphalt and concrete are next. I know I'm gonna have to have heels replaced a couple times a year based on last weekend, but I expected such. I stayed away from stiletto heels just because of the reasons above, and may watch what I buy for heeling beyond the house. The clogs I bought have a small diameter heel at the tip, but they are a composite in tan which means some of these issues will be less obvious to the distant eye. As for putting anything on the floorpan around the gas / brake pedal - - I tend to stay away from this. Even some floor mats concern me. Oh - - and shallow concrete outdoor steps are the worst!!!

Hi You can get slip on protectors for stiletto heels (mind you though they don't work on the really fine stilettos) which increase the size of the heel and stop it dropping down cracks or sinking in softer surfaces. I have worn them extensively in an effort to avoid having to slip into scrunchies if my heels can't take me where I need to go. I have given up on them because they are a pain to put on to your heels, they're impossible to just put on when you need them, even with someones arm to steady you. You need to sit down, slip your heels off and push the protectors onto the heels, slip your feet back in and away you go. Impossible to do without a seat, and how many places have seats whenever non-high heel suitable surfaces appear en masse (we can all walk on our tip-toes for a bit). I gave up on them. Its easier to just change shoes on the spot. I would say this inconvenience is just part of having a high heeled lifestyle. I sometimes take the long way and avoid areas I know have caused me grief, and if I need to I don't hesitate to step down into flatties for the sake of preserving a gorgeous pair of stilettos. Heel-Lover

Could I suggest a coat of pva glue before 1st use. O.K., it may leave a slight matt finish, but should help prevent scratching.

No it won't! 10-20 stone of human, slipping a PVA coating against a surface, I don't think so.

There is no EASY cure for this problem, especially on stilettos. its horses for courses with any footwear, you wouldn't wear stilettos on an army assault course. Like wise you wouldn't wear dirty army boots with your best clothes.

Watch where your walking & find a good repairer to tidy up those scuffs & tears.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

• 3 weeks later...

In regards to protect those lovely heels. I have the same problem. Seeing that I am very mechanical minded, I spoke to one of my suppliers and talked to them about it and they suggested that I look towards the " heatshrink" they use on cables. They come in different colours and you cut the piece you need and use a hair dryer to shrink the plastic on to the heel. This however not a permanent solution but will last a long time before you need to replace them. I am going to get some and try it out and if it works, wel everyone it seems to that we could have a solution.:wave:

I was wondering if there are any devices or protectors to keep my heels from the savage surfaces from stealing the beauty from the tips of my heels.

I wish I had an answer for you. I've taken three pairs of my favorite high heels to have the tips repaired. You are correct. Walking on the pavement is murder on the tips after long periods of time. I've been told to take an extra pair of walking shoes with me when I am walking on pavement. But when I am out-an-about in high heels, i never want to take them off. I hope someone comes up with a reasonable answer.

Do women worry about these problems, I know mine does not, they go and buy new heels, I have known mine for thirty years, and she has not had a pair of shoes repaired yet.

life is not a rehearsal

Do women worry about these problems, I know mine does not, they go and buy new heels, I have known mine for thirty years, and she has not had a pair of shoes repaired yet.

In a word...No. Women in the main do not worry about this - well, at least, not to the extent being discussed here.

The only heels I really worry about are those I wear for modelling. They stay in their boxes and are only ever worn indoors. My everyday heels are well cared for, but scuffs and scratches are normal wear and tear.........and there's the answer......normal wear.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"