How do I get a co worker to where her heels again

Strapy6

I used to complement her every time she wore her heels to work. She has not Worn them in over 6 months. Did I bring to much attention to them. She has these gladiator flats that would be killer if only they had even a slight heel. Some one tell me how to get her to were them again.

It could be time to move on. There are so many reasons for her to wear other shoes. Don't take her not wearing what you like seriously. Consider that you had at least some moments of happiness. There will be others. Make some of your own!

Maybe she became apprehensive of your day to day compliments of her heels that she decided not to wear them to work. If she ever does wear heels again, hold on to the urge to compliment her shoes. Maybe you could compliment her on other things and then she might think that her shoes aren't the only things that you like about her look.

Perhaps she found your comments creepy.

Totally!

You know 'Dr. Shoe' - before I even saw your post....I read the OP and thought "Hmmm...methinks you creeped her out..."

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I used to complement her every time she wore her heels to work. She has not

Worn them in over 6 months. Did I bring to much attention to them. She has these gladiator flats that would be killer if only they had even a slight heel. Some one tell me how to get her to were them again.

Sadly, yes, I think your enthusiasm for her high heels was too much for the lady and I don't blame her. Next time, just enjoy the moment, there's really no need to say anything unless you are asked, and even then, keep a lid on it!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Seems like a case in point, sometimes complimenting someone about/for wearing what they wear just goes sideways. I sometimes think how we can truly give a compliment without sounding like creep. I worry about complimenting someone who looks good with what they wear, but would like to honestly compliment them on their really nice looks. Trial and error will be the test I guess. Mtnsofheels

Complimenting a co-worker about shoes is difficult; I learned through the years that the best system is to start making positive remarks about clothing, especially how elegant a woman looks, and then slowly building this up. This way she isn't offended when you also make a remark about her shoes. I also use the always present envy between women; " you wear much nicer shoes then *** " is a possible line, or, when another woman passes by: " she has no taste; what ugly shoes she's wearing ! ". Also, tell a co-worker that you are married with a shoe-freak, and after years of marriage you have picked up some of yours wife's feeling about shoes. The older ladies, +35, usually are more relaxed in these conversations. Comment them about their high heels, and how they can walk all day in those shoes ! Finally: Remember, some women don't accept any kind of positive remark, about anything. note: read my stories about Maddy

Your big mistake was to compliment her `every time'. The complimenting would maybe have been OK when done once, "my, you really look good today" and leave it at that. She knows then that you notice and every next time will only make her think that you have an obsession. The word creepy also came to my mind. You should not try to `educate' your coworker as if she is a pet or a little child. Usually people are far more intelligent than we want to give them credit for. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Your big mistake was to compliment her `every time'.

The complimenting would maybe have been OK

when done once, "my, you really look good today"

and leave it at that. She knows then that you notice

and every next time will only make her think that you

have an obsession. The word creepy also came to

my mind.

You should not try to `educate' your coworker as if

she is a pet or a little child. Usually people are far

more intelligent than we want to give them credit for.

Y.

I totally agree with this. A quiet one-time compliment would probably suffice.