Bakers shoes - Peytons

BritSpike

BritSpike, As many on this forum will attest to, I have posted often about my Baker shopping experiences. As it happens I dropped by the Bakers store at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee this afternoon looking for the Peyton pump since it looks fabulous. They did not yet have in the store. One of the asst. managers asked my opinion about a new platform boot they just got in. She was concerned the platform was a little high for her but I said with the cooler season upon us, parties, etc. I thought the boot may do better than she thought. I wore my Zoey knee boots ($99 at Macy's) with 5" chunky heels into the store under my bootcut jeans. Didn't buy anything but chatted with the girls there. Everything is different when you know about shoes and boots whether it's interacting with staff or other customers. I have tried on many different styles of pumps. peeptoes, wedges, and boots at Bakers in front of other customers and staff and have had nothing but great experiences. The same coule be said of Macy's, Aldo, and others. DSW is always a great store since the boxes of shoes are on the display floor and nearly all styles go to size 11. Same thing, I glide through the store and, if I see something I like, I try it on without worrying who might see me and this is the important point here. Many here go shopping in male mode or perhaps wearing some heels and go about shopping for heels the same way the women do. What I want you to take from this post is this; walk confidently into the store of your choice and, when you are approached, tell the SA exactly what you are looking for. Don't say you're just browsing or that you are buying for your wife or girlfriend. That crap doesn't cut it. Women, by and large, are attuned to their surroundings and will know who you are shopping for by your initial demeanor. Once the truth is out the matter of helping the customer is front and center. The will bring you several boxes of shoes which you should try on right then and there. Buying heels IN PERSON, whether surrounded by other women or not, is fun. It shows you have a common interest in shoes like they have.

Ditto on what HappyinHeels says. Interestingly, I once joked with a Baker's associate that I'll bet they don't get many guys, but she said they do get a few guys from time to time. I've found they usually run true to size, but for that particular style I don't know.

HappyinHeels, I stopped in to a Bakers store this summer & bought 2 pair of platform heels; really tall shoes. I lied about gifts for wife, but SA was V. young and I think bought into the story. One pair had to go back. Have the other pair and use regularly for everything, even up stepladders (when alone). Very stable. Bakers has some really good looking styles, but all at the store I was in were hyper-femme; just indoor use for me.