Emo Sene Guys In Heels

Asa Valen

Most people when they hear the word "Emo" they get all judgmental. The "Emo fashion" I feel Is very attractive i.e. clothes, hair. make up and so forth. The point to this thread is If they add heels to there fashion agenda, it would Be a OMG to 10th power. So how do you feel about adding a little Emo fashion with Heels. Might Have opened a hornets nest here, but oh well let the Buzzing began.

Most people when they hear the word "Emo" they get all judgmental. The "Emo fashion" I feel Is very attractive i.e. clothes, hair. make up and so forth. The point to this thread is If they add heels to there fashion agenda, it would Be a OMG to 10th power. So how do you feel about adding a little Emo fashion with Heels. Might Have opened a hornets nest here, but oh well let the Buzzing began.

What is EMO? I would imagine that if it fetishist, of which high heels are just a small part of, it would probably not be proper for this site since it already frowns upon focusing upon crossdressing rather than shoes. But, that's for the MODSQUAD to decide. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I personally dislike emo style, of course i wear high heels and used to have long hair, so i probably soud not critisize the fact that they wear makeup and everything else but i just don't like the fashion, don't think it looks good (one of the signs that i'm getting older). But like the OP said, when people hear emo they get extremely judgmental, they carry a very negative stigma and, quite franlky, if they start wearing heels (and i'm surprised this is not common) i don't think that would be good for the image of men in heels, because in the public eyes they would not be men in heels but rather emos being emos and public perception of heels would be even more tainted than it is now. As i write this i realize that my position does not make a lot of sense, so just to be clear i just don't like emo fashion, i think it looks bad and probably i don't want them wearing heels because i don't want to have that in common with them, but at the same time i admire the courage in the fact that they go out in public wearing these extremely feminine clothing and make up, of course they feel validated by the fact that it is common among the youth now, but they are definately brave in front of an (unfortunately) untolerant society.

Yep! OK, well lets kick the discussion then. Kill it !!!!! I would my self but there is not a retract option. That's It for me. Am done!

Wow, this is quite surprising! What exactly do you mean "Am Done?"

I certainly hope you didn't join hhplace just to participate in your "personal fetish." The purpose of this forum is quite plainly explained at the top of the site. So, if you do have a big interest in high heels this is the right forum for you. However, if high heels are just a minor part of a broader interest, perhaps you might be more comfortable in some other venue. But, we are very much interested in your impressions of high heels, wearing high heels and your experiences in public. That being said, I am just another ordinary member. Just one of the little people that loves to wear my high heels --not a moderator or anyone with any influence what so ever. For my part, I would really like to hear your opinions and of your experiences. I sincerely hope "Am Done" does not mean, "I quit" ...

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I mean I was done with the topic. The more I looked at it and thought about it. I felt you were right. It not the right thing for here. I was not at all upset with anyone, but more dissatisfied with myself for not thinking things through before I posted a thread. You know, ever done something , then looked at it again and thought "What in the World was I thinking and why did I do that" It was one of those moments. So I asked one of the site admins to please kill it. It was one of those things were I was like nha! that's wrong he's exactly right about that. ;o)

Jeez, the over-reations in here are off the wall sometimes... Emo is stuff all to do with Fetish. Its one of the teenage 'things' like being a chav, or a goth etc... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Emo isn't fetish.

Like Jarl Ayari said, it's a sub-culture. Stereotypical Emo guys wear eyeliner, skinny jeans, and have androgynous haircuts.

Emo - Wikipedia

@Asa Valen -- if you personally want to incorporate Emo style with your heels and it works for you, do it. :wave:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

As with Goths it's not just about fashion and there's such a huge range of 'looks' within Emo. It's a lifestyle/music choice. In the same way that having a mohican doesn't make you a Punk, wearing eyeliner and stripey socks doesn't make you Emo. I agree with Jarl Ayari that the knee jerk reactions are a little spooky. Asa Valen if you want to discuss Emo fashion then go right ahead. I can't see there being any problem talking about it here.

I suppose that I made the wrong approach to the subject. I suppose I feel wearing my heels displays my more sensitive and gentle side. I feel like they show although am a guy I do have a softer, gentle, sensitive side am not ashamed of. I did not mean to bring a subject that would inflame anyone and hurt anyone's feelings, as I don't like that done to me either. All I was extrapolating, was what other things would enhance the pleasure of wearing heels. Not at all thinking of CD. I don't know, but it was a innocent Idea, not intending as I stated offend any one or drag the board off topic. Of course the operative Word is "Intending". I may have made a mistake, perhaps but I realized the mistake and apologized and took action to rectify the infraction that I may have caused. So I stand corrected by my silly mistake, funny thing is we all make them I suppose. Anyhow I shall be more thoughtful of what I share in the future. Regards. Asa

I suppose that I made the wrong approach to the subject. I suppose I feel wearing my heels displays my more sensitive and gentle side. I feel like they show although am a guy I do have a softer, gentle, sensitive side am not ashamed of. I did not mean to bring a subject that would inflame anyone and hurt anyone's feelings, as I don't like that done to me either. All I was extrapolating, was what other things would enhance the pleasure of wearing heels. Not at all thinking of CD. I don't know, but it was a innocent Idea, not intending as I stated offend any one or drag the board off topic. Of course the operative Word is "Intending". I may have made a mistake, perhaps but I realized the mistake and apologized and took action to rectify the infraction that I may have caused. So I stand corrected by my silly mistake, funny thing is we all make them I suppose. Anyhow I shall be more thoughtful of what I share in the future.

Regards.

Asa

Asa, You didn't do anything wrong, no apology is needed. All that occurred is that someone didn't know what Emo was and rather than asking what it meant they left a slightly confrontational reply.

Cheers,

Ben

What is EMO? I would imagine that if it fetishist, of which high heels are just a small part of, it would probably not be proper for this site since it already frowns upon focusing upon crossdressing rather than shoes. But, that's for the MODSQUAD to decide. :wave:

Emo is a style like Mods, Rockers, Teddy Boys etc. It isn't a fetish at all. Think "My Chemical Romance" etc.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As in opinions, we all have our own desires. They may or may not follow social labels or fashion trends, but if a person wants to wear certain items of attire, it shouldn't matter what others prefer. In fact, it gives them different perspectives to the traditional norms. Which became the norm because of the social stigma that everyone else has the right to choose your attire according to what pleases them. True justice would be satisfied had each individual been given the power of a "Fairy Godmother" to make others dress in what that individual wants. I know the idea is ridiculously unobtainable, but the real solution is to take matters of your personal choice back and wear what you want. Essentially, isn't this the reason for the different social trends. People are trying to find what they like.

Emo, goth, crossdresser, TV etc... The never-ending quest of society to categorize people, in this case within a clothing-fashion group which would make it easier to point out how F%$#@d up those people belonging to those groups are compared to the "normal" people. It serves 1 main purpose, to make the "normal" people feel better about themselves.

Hey man! There is an old southern saying down here in the SC lowlands that goes: If ya don't know, you just don't know! So, I didn't know. ( what else would you expect from a man that has been married almost all of his adult life, with 6 grandchildren? :wave: And, therefore, I'm sorry if I cause a ruckus, ruffled a few feathers and/or generated some hard feelings. Thanks for the explain and sorry for the misunderstand....(and that's all of that!}

I admire the emo style even more honestly. To me the term "emo" sounds so much better than gay, crossdresser, etc. I've watched some goths and emos walk in and out of Hot Topic and no one ever blinks in the least about it compared to a guy walking around in a skirt, purse, and heels. To me "emo" defines freestyle to me!!! I'm sure everyone else begs to differ but that's just what I think.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Emo, goth, crossdresser, TV etc...

The never-ending quest of society to categorize people, in this case within a clothing-fashion group which would make it easier to point out how F%$#@d up those people belonging to those groups are compared to the "normal" people. It serves 1 main purpose, to make the "normal" people feel better about themselves.

There is no such thing as a "normal" person.

We just wear heels and in some cases the odd dress or two too but how often do we hear after a peadophile is jailed all his neighbours say: "I'd never have known! He seemed such a normal bloke!"?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I admire the emo style even more honestly. To me the term "emo" sounds so much better than gay, crossdresser, etc. I've watched some goths and emos walk in and out of Hot Topic and no one ever blinks in the least about it compared to a guy walking around in a skirt, purse, and heels. To me "emo" defines freestyle to me!!! I'm sure everyone else begs to differ but that's just what I think.

Only this afternoon I have walked up Oxford Street and down Regent Street completely en femme without even one solitary person even batting an eyelid. I went into all the major stores trying on clothes. I bought a dress in one shop (after trying it on in the changing room) and went to another store and bought make-up. I then went to a restaurant for a late lunch where the staff all called me madam. After more shopping I ended up in a pub just a few steps away from Downing Street where even the other customers were calling me sweetheart or love and the staff called me madam. I am a "crossdresser" and I resent the idea that someone thinks that I am in some way inferior because of what I am.

You don't have to be gay to be a crossdresser or an Emo or a crossdresser to be an emo.

Remember, the only "crossdressers" you will see are the really lousy ones, the rest you will just see as women!

What ever we are in our minds or hearts, one thing is for sure we all have come together because we all have something in common, we choose to be here for a reason. I believe that here we hope to forge friendships. Why? Why do we do this? So that the friends we make here are actually people who accept us. Some accept us because of different reasons. The primary one is, in small ways, we love one another. Faults, oh yes we all have them. but we are willing to overlook them to be with our friends. Friends is a broad term, we tolerate, overlook, allow, for friends. We admire, love, adore them for there friendship. I must say while here I can leave at the door the weapons we all have to carry outside of here. I don't need them. Does everyone like me? Heck no. do we have disagreements, you betcha. I don't think there is a person here that really judges me, or accuses me because of who I am or what I am. After all I am only human, and I am that I am. My point is that we all here are heelers, our hearts are different in quest, but they are one in the same in common. We are members of this small family and although I have not been here very long I have already found people that I admire, adore, respect, love. I truely do not believe that our family here would be so unkind as to pass judgment on each other. After all we need each other. Best wishes always Asa

We just wear heels and in some cases the odd dress or two too but how often do we hear after a peadophile is jailed all his neighbours say: "I'd never have known! He seemed such a normal bloke!"?

The word "normal" is just as subjective as the word "nice". Yet society has an idea of what a "normal" male wears and it doesn't include heels, skirts, dresses, etc...

Therefore, we males who do wear feminine items are not considered to be "normal", hence the need of society to label us.

With all due respect to society, with the current "normal" male fashion trend, I'm proud to be abnormal!

Yet I'm "normal" where it should really count. I treat people with respect (unless they don't deserve it for various reasons), am a gentleman, a productive member of society, pay my taxes, value my family and friends and wish to lead a happy life. Sounds pretty normal to me and I suspect that 99 percent of the forum members are in the same boat as I am.

"""Remember, the only "crossdressers" you will see are the really lousy ones, the rest you will just see as women! """ And you will never get any competition from me. Now way I could ever pull off the look and I know it. Based on your Avatar, you make it look good.

Amen Dr Shoe - so many other examples too, murderers, adulterers, rapists, petty criminals to name but a few. 'Normal' is a term we use to describe others whom we really know nothing about

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

what is normal for me may be strange to a lot of people but im ok with that. I dont want to look like everyone else, think like everyone else or be just like everyone else. I just want to be me and if that makes me strange, then i dont want to be normal!

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

Well the world is subject to change, and things are different. expect the unexpected because that's what's going to happen. He has blond hair an likes Veggies, an he has brown hair and loves meat. I listen to Alternative Rock, he listens to classical. Is all this normal? ...hmmm yeah bout 99% . Normal is a relative term unto its self. We live in a world of infinite Possibilities, and that's ..yep you guess it "Normal"