High arches

sharon

Question

Hi all i have very high arched feet i have had pain in my arches for years more so in lower heel shoes 4" , i wear a 5" heel alot and find the hight relives some arch pain i have. on monday i saw my chiropodist to have some corns removed and she took one look at my soles and said i have very cavus feet! she measured the hight of the gap under my arch it was 2.5" high stood on a flat surface,im realy worried about my feet as i already have bunions corns hammered toes ect,i have looked up arch problems but found very litle has any one here got the same problems and if so hoe do u feel,thanks all sharon.

shaz

7 answers to this question

I'm sorry I just now stumbled across your post. I too have very high arches and had to wear what they called corrective shoes when I was a child.That is why most of the time I wear high heeled footwear of some type. Wearing high heels, the higher the heel the more comfortable, is even more comfortable than wearing any kind of shoe with no or low heels. I have some specially made arch supports for my tennis shoes or men's dress shoes. I have a series of foot stretching exercises that I have done for years because according to all doctors I have seen over the years, all have at one time or another recommended surgery. The exercises and arch supports help. But, believe it or not, so does wearing high heels. Ask your doctor about arch supports for your shoes with flat heels.

I agree w/Roninheels the arch supports probable wont make your arches get lower but they should give some support too your arches and help relieve the pain. I used them for four years now and they have helped my arch pain, but my arches arent nearly as high aa your. Might i suggest ordering cheaper ones to start with and see if they help your sitation

I do not know what type of heel you wear, but I have noticed that when I see a lady wearing stillettos ( or me for that matter) that the arch does not touch the shoe, however when they wear a wedge or a platform the foot does touch the shoe and give some support.

Hi Jay Jay You are right about stilettos but it also depends on the shoe structure, most well made stiletto courts do but i think the general shape of the innersole of stilettos do suit a high arched foot, well for me they do and a shoe that is not shaped like my sole and arch hurts my feet alot even if my sole dose rest in the shoe, I have had a cast taken of my feet and had a arch suport made to fit in flatish shoes but they take some getting used to wearing and im not sure if they feel any good but they do make wearing low heels shoes bareable. Thanks for your input on this

shaz