Very high heels all the rage on TV!

The Shark

Hey all - I couldn't help noticing, but for some time now it seems that every time I see a woman wearing heels on TV, she's wearing at least 4" or higher heels! Tune in to Regis & Kelly any morning - Kelly Ripa is the queen of high heels & wears a lot of platform pumps with 5" heels! Pretty much any female guest on that show wears 4" or higher heels - a lot of platform pumps! A lot of the news programs I see on TV also show the female on-air hosts wearing very high heels. Robin Roberts on GMA - most of the women on Fox Business - most female guests on the late-night talk shows - even a lot of the female in-studio hosts on ESPN - they all wear some pretty high heels! All I got to say is that I absolutely LOVE this current trend in high heels! I'm really loving watching TV these days - keep wearing those great shoes, ladies!:wave:

I agree with you Shark. Women on television and the movies are wearing high heels and very high, high heels. I am so glad that women in public view are trying to keep up with latest fashion trends in shoes and the media keeps capturing the moments.

Yep - long may the trend continue. My favourites are the Sky weather presenters. Lucy Verasamy also used to sport some fantastic shoes on Sky but shes moved over to ITV on that new monring show that no-one watches

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Yeah I can why you say that - was State side a couple of weeks ago and made sure I watched the shoe ... erm I mean the show:smile:. She wears some real crackers

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Granted that Kelly Ripa wears some fantastic heels, but I have to stay with Gina as the absolute Queen Of Heels. Well, maybe for television Kelly has her realm of notoriety among all the other very high heelers. Then again, where are all of us male high heelers? The world may not be quite ready above eye level for men in high heels to be regularly on screen, but the attitudes/times, they are a changin'.

The reason is very simple, they took the chance to read our forun hhplace.org, and saw the real heelers, so all women including in tv, are trying to outbeat us, we are their motivation , and thats why they are trying to shake the same out of them while few years ago they were using conventional ugly shoes, with no style, lol. however as a matter in fact, the shoe manufacturing industry had developed and improved their styles based on comofort, engineering and of course esthetic, therefore many and more women including overweight ladies can feel comfortable in a 4inch classic thick pltaform pump, and we all men are much more happy, the rates of happyiness on men increased due to this trendy difference, good thread by the way, cheers

V. Morpho

Playing devil's advocate, if you're on a talk or a news show (like Kelly), you're sitting 90%+ of the time. They could be wearing ballet heels, and it probably wouldn't be that bad. From what I remember the last time I saw Regis & Kelly, they both walk in from the right side of the stage, and the male cohost helps Kelly onto her (high) chair. I'm sure with that assistance, even I could walk in with 6" heels. Kelly is perhaps a bad example, as I think she seems to he in heels almost everywhere. Of course, she's short (5'3" from a google search), and I short women wearing 4"-5"+ heels is not uncommon. Best I've seen recently is the woman who does CNN Headline News in the morning. On more than one occasion, when she has a segment where she sits on a couch, and they show full body shots, she's been in OTK black leather boots. Doesn't help that even w/o that view, she looks very hot!