modification of heels...?

Hi all, New here :( Loving this forum.. I think I am addicted to shoes, can't have enough! I just bought a pair of patent black peep toe slingbacks. for $5. In love with them, they are just the cutest pair of peep toes I have. A few questions though: 1. The slingback strap is a bit loose, even when I have it on the last hole, making it as tight as possible. It's a buckle strap. Was wondering if any cobbler would be able to cut the buckle part out and join both sides of the strap with a piece of elastic..? 2. I wear a 6.5, sometimes a 7, depending on brand, type of shoe, etc. I bought this pair in a size 7 but I have an extra half inch of room in the front, with my toes as far out as possible. Would a cobbler be able to shorten it in any way? Is that even possible.. or am I thinking total horse crap lol? I know for some it's not a big deal but it bothers me. I would post pics but I can't post attachments apparently? :wave: I will love you forever if you can provide answers or any sort! Thanks so much...

First, welcome aboard! You will be able to post pictures after you have been a member for about a week and have a handful of posts. We try to encourage new members to browse a bit and get to know the site. We have content that goes back ten years and much of it is still relevant. Now, on to your shoe-related questions. As far as the strap length, how about adding another hole to the strap to make it tighter? A lot of slingbacks have an elastic piece under the buckle, giving some stretch to the strap there. It sounds like you are thinking about getting rid of the buckle entirely -- a cobbler should be able to do that. It might make it a challenge to put the shoes on and take them off, though. There is not a lot that can be done about changing the sizing of shoes -- with the exception of stretching. Even then, there are limits to how much you can stretch them -- and of course, you want to make them smaller, not bigger! You might try a half-insole in the toe-box -- that might take up some of the extra room. If they were boots I'd suggest a pair of thick socks but you probably don't want that look with slingbacks!

Have a happy time!

Welcome to hhplace, mrsLuongo :( It's great that another female has joined us here. As to your problem with the heel strap on your slingbacks goes, you can always take a wood nail or sharp pointed object and poke another hole in the strap to make it fasten closer to your heel. Or, you could just take them to a cobbler and ask their advice on shortening the strap and, while he's looking at the problem, ask him about shortening the length of the toe so that it fits better. I bet that before long, one of our members that is a cobbler will give you the correct advice to fix your problem. It's one of the benefits of joining a high heel shoe forum like this. People are always ready to lend a helping hand. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.