Dark Blue & Gold Pumps

I originally purchased this beautiful pair of pumps from Report to wear with my wedding dress. The shoes are made of dark blue sparkly mesh fabric and gold leather with a 4" platform heel. Ended up the dress I picked and the shoes didn't match at all. I don't have anything else to wear with them besides a pair of skinny jeans. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

post-27080-133522926173_thumb.jpg

I agree with Doc. They'll never look wrong, no matter what. Since you asked, I'll venture the though (keep several grains of salt around) that a pant or slack of a fabric finer than denim would heighten the elegance of the HHs, and you right along with them! To me, navy (?) and gold don't give off a casual or funky vibe. Skirt/dress? Again, think elegance and the HHs will put you right there! But hey, I'm a guy...what do I know? I've only seen two seasons of Runway with Heidi & Co....and they do a pretty poor job of showing the shoes. If you watch the show, notice the quick flashes you get of Nina Garcia's shoes. She wears some of the best looking stuff you'll hope to see. Thanks for the pic, UpBy5

hmm... i'm sorry, but i disagree with all of the above :/ they are a very nice shoe don't get me wrong! but they're not 'out there' enough to be a statement shoe. I think you'd be hard pushed to wear them well with skinny jeans too to be honest. They're definately a dress shoe. But what colour dress, im not sure, i'd have to see the outfit and the style of dress to have a better opinion. Hope you find something to wear them amazingly with! im sure you will :wave:

I showed the picture of the shoes to my wife. She didn't particularly like them. However, she suggested that they be worn with a matching blue dress with gold accents...belt, etc. As far as her not liking the shoes, she doesn't wear heels as high as these any more. While she has good fashion taste, the shoes really have to match the outfits. That being said, she still faces the age old dilemma, do you buy a dress to match the shoes or do you buy the shoes to match the dress....???

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

While they would look great with denims or a blue dress I can't say they would look good with anything, blue and gold are a bit restrictive, ie. I don't think they would match with a red dress, it would just look odd. Black would be a good choice since they don't look out of place and maybe gold jewellery to match.

I think they will be perfect with skinny jeans.

I'd have to agree, but these would work well as a dinner event shoe where skinny jeans are OK. Can't see clubing with these. More refined I'd say.

Matching a dress to these might be tough - - - Unless - - (and I may be way out there) What about a pretty plain business suit? Depending on the work place, this just might be the accent a plain business suit might need to set it off.

• 4 weeks later...