Heels so high-can't stand or walk

Has anyone seen the photo of Miley Cyrus In high heels so high she has trouble walking ? Has it already been posted ? I thought I saw this photo of her in People Mag. One photo of her negotiating some stairs. If you have it or see it - Please Post it. Mike

Searched several sites and they all make reference to Miley in Milan in 7" heels. The link here has probably the best pictures that I found. I am about 99% sure those are only 6" heels though. I just love how one article gets published and 20 other clone articles spring up with the exact same (mis)information. Ahh well, they were still too high for her to use gracefully on the stairs apparently... :wave:

Growing up and falling down. It's a hard road to go. She seems to need a bit more counselling concerning her ability to wear appropriate heel heights for an occasion. Then again, I suppose if I were her, I'd also wanna wear the highest heels I thought I could get away with.

Ahh yes, found the culprit boots here with specs: Cost - $1495 (youch), they are 5¾" heel (145mm) with a 1½" (40mm) platform. So they are comperable to a 4¼" heel. What a wimp Miley is... but she is only 17, so I guess give her an E for effort :wave:

Looks like we were both within a ¼ inch of the true height Dr Shoe (me from the total height, and you from the height excluding the platform). :(

well, to me its really not the heigth of the heel that I like so much but more really the over-all style of it (I really cant walk in stilettos as much as I'd like to you know) but I do like a thicker heel (like my demonias) much easier to stand & walk in.

HHBoots, Right on...no substitute for the facts. It gets back to my complaint about the industry: no standard or index number to describe the "steepness" of the shoe. If shoe size is taken out of the mix, a heel-to-sole/platform height difference gives a good indication of the steepness. Throw in the size, however, and a whole different mystery emerges. A 14cm heel on a size 5 must be close to a 9" fetish ballet shoe. The same heel on a size 12 gets to be a nice but not really "high" heel look. If you're trying 'em on in the store all this is immaterial; online shopping gets into guesswork as the shoes pictured don't specify the size on display. That would really tell a lot...and save a lot of returns/exchanges. Just for me, I've learned that you have to look far & wide to find a shoe with a greater-than-4" heel-sole difference, regardless the heel height. SexyShoes.com, HighestHeel.com and 6ihf are the only palces I've found that'll have 5"+ differential shoes on offer and they are all no-plat. single sole shoes. Rant, rant, rant.... UpBy5

In actual fact the "steepness" of a shoe is largely an irellevance. Just go for the biggest heel/platform differential you can. In actual fact, a modern platform will enable you to go for higher numbers because quite often the fore-part is sloped so that although the differential is 5" it feels like a 4" shoe to wear.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Don't be too strict with her. I think she does look really nice in those heels and i applaud her for the choice, as i really like the ankle-boots. With the walking. Well. I think she will learn to handle them. At least she can pose in them. To really see if she is not able to walk in them at all, we'd need a video to proof. So if it is just the stairs for her, than it's a matter of practice, if she can't walk in them, then she should definitely keep her hand off such shoes.

the fore-part is sloped

Doctore, for me as a non-native english-speaker it's sometimes harder to understand. So what you say is, the "inner" front-part of the sole/platform is curved upwards, as you see quite often. That's what makes it easier to wear higher heels. Am i getting it right? Thx. in advance for a reply, would really appreciate it.

In terms of Miley "picking shoes she can't walk well in", I woudn't assume she selected them. She's a celebrity, on a promotional tour. It wouldn't surprise me that her clothes/jewelry/accessories are provided to here (hoping she'll mention the brand when asked). It could also be her handlers tell her what to wear, saying, "This is the image we want you to have for this apperance". I'd almost hope that's what they did in this case - if they let her pick outfit components she couldn't function in, they should be fired.

I think she looks stunning with those on her feet first of all! And even if not 6 or 7" much respect for wearing them! I think it's about the highest you can get in 'designerheelland'. But I also agree that effectively most higher heels are only that high because of higher platforms and actually walk about the same as a 4 or 4.5" heel (Heel minus platform). And searching on various heelshops there's kind of a gap between effectively 4-4.5" high heels and extreme 6-7" fetish-heels... So I would love to see more heels of about 5.5" effectively (so maybe a 7"heel with 1.5" platform would be maybe the perfect heel in my opinion that is a real challenge to every high heel wearer but maybe with lot of practice 'just wearable' to go out on, compared with too high 6"+ heels just for indoors/bedroom/posing) Anyway, if every woman would wear these Louboutins my heart would stop:smile:

7" heel and 1.5" platforms ?

Take a look at these:

- Carvela Ambrosia : 6.25" heels and 1.5" platforms give a 4.75" rise. Bit more than many out there. I tried on a size 41 in the shop in Gatwick airport. They were a bit tight on me so didn't get them, but the height and lift felt more exciting than usual.

http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/119263-carvela-ambrosia

- Asos Alesha - 6.8" heels and 1.1" platforms give a 5.7" lift. I bought a pair of these and found the measured lift on a size 41 was more like 5.5 than 5.7". Quite exciting to wear. Havn't got good enough at walking in them yet to try the out in public.

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Alesha-Leather-Platform-Chelsea-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1077488

The Asos Alesha's 6.8" heel I think is the highest I've ever seen for a 'mainstream' (non-fetish) heel. The picture does them no justice though. At least to me, no way does the heel look that high, or the platform look that low. I'd be curious to hear how they are once you start wearing them more.

Thanks for the links.. pretty shoes at least! But I don't think in both heels the heel-platform difference is more than 5" and not 5.7" (in cm it says: 16.5cm-4cm=12.5cm = 5") And in many advertisements shoeshops are not very accurate in measurement and often the heel in real is not as high as in the advertisment... sadly:cry1:.. I like the highest Louboutins or the YSL Tribute for example, if only the heel would be just that 1-2cm higher(about 0.5" or little more) without raising the platform higher also..., that would be perfect to me and for even the real high-heel-wearer just that little extra challenge:) and filling the gap between high and "unwearable":)

I measured my UK size 8 Aleshas (which fit like a 41) with ther ruler vertical from the floor to the seam between the leather and the top of the heel at the back & platform at the side. They measure: Heel = 166 mm & platform 40mm = 126mm lift. However the fore-foot sits a little lower as the platform is concave and padded. The padding on the inside of the heel also raises it a bit higher than the seam on the outside (The heel of the foot of course dosn't actually sit right at the back either, but this is the case with all heels, so I'll ignore it). I think the adjusted heights are 170mm heel and a 35mm platform. Therefore the lift is about 135 mm = 5.31". This is more than it sounds actually because with a typical say 5" non-platforms the thickness of the sole is around 5mm or more. This reduces the effective lift a little. Overall the Aleshas have a feel closer to 5.5" than 5". The height with the platform makes them feel high and the curvature of the platform sole makes them smooth to walk in. The sole narrows and ends early at the front making them a little unstable and risky for a stumble or twisted ankle on an uneven surface. Great fun but a lot of care is needed.

Would love to see a picture of your shoes (maybe with rulers at the back and the side). I don't doubt your meaurements, just still don't think the catalog picture makes the heel look that high. Regardless, hope you enjoy what I'm guessing will be your most challenging pair of heels.

The only comment I will make is that those are really nice boots Miley is wearing. I just hope she doesn't go the way of Britney and Lindsey. But from some of the interviews I've seen of her and public appearences she's made lately, she seems to be moving in that direction.

I never saw her Disney show (or movies), but I'm guessing maybe that since she played a very good girl for quite a bit of time, that between being an older teenager (she's 17 now?), an having the wealth and connections of being a celebrity, she's perhaps rebelling a bit too much to now being a 'bad' (at leasty more racey) girl. I saw her father (Billy Ray Cyrus) mentioned a lot, I'm wondering whether he's the person managing her, or if she has Hollywood management.

Ahh yes, found the culprit boots here with specs: Cost - $1495 (youch), they are 5¾" heel (145mm) with a 1½" (40mm) platform. So they are comperable to a 4¼" heel. What a wimp Miley is... but she is only 17, so I guess give her an E for effort :(

Looks like we were both within a ¼ inch of the true height Dr Shoe (me from the total height, and you from the height excluding the platform). :(

must be something wrong with miley if she could not walk or stand in these boots. she should try walking 10 miles in them. i recently completed a 10 mile charity walk wearing a pair of 6'' stiletto platform sandals. the platforms were only 1.75'' which makes them the same in comparison. the best bit is that i have only ever walked in high heels twice, both of which was for charity:smile::wave::smile:

to me, she looks all fine. I´d more likely believe it is just something journalists invent and write to make those photos look more like a sensation. maybe she even is stopping there to pose for some photos? I do not know, I was not there, but as already said, actually I do not recognize nothing which might indicate she cannot walk those shoes. ... but for sure it is always a good idea to look under your feet if you walk downstairs, and those stones look quite slippy, a plaform heel does not always make it easier, so even more... as soon as one goes high heeled there ARE situations where you *undergo* your shoes, no matter how experienced you are. so, nice to see, the girl wears those beautiful boots though she for sure knows it means to cope with some let´s say problems, one would not have if walking flats.

must be something wrong with miley if she could not walk or stand in these boots. she should try walking 10 miles in them. i recently completed a 10 mile charity walk wearing a pair of 6'' stiletto platform sandals. the platforms were only 1.75'' which makes them the same in comparison. the best bit is that i have only ever walked in high heels twice, both of which was for charity:smile::(:smile:

Miley won't be 18 until the end of next month and I doubt she has had much experience wearing heels of any height yet alone heels that high. Besides I very much doubt that she would ever appear walking an event as you do. She probably could write a check for the entire amount of the money your group raised in your walks without looking at the check twice.

Honestly, reading about your participation in these events, and looking at your pictures, sometimes I get the feeling that you aren't the least bit interested in the "charity" but are more interested in your having a venue in which you get to wear your high heels in front of a lot of people without fear of getting any adverse reaction. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Pata. Your 97 ? ....

....when according to the wide spread german attitude and saying that one is as old as one feels it matches well, especially at the evening :wave:

Karneval/Fashing is more likely to be dressed like you don´t in your everyday life, kind of going incognito, so I pretty sure would not wear high heels then :( .

@Bubba136: I believe for the most actors assisting all those *promo-events* is a part of their job they HAVE to do. But some for sure do it just to be in the middle of attention.

As to young people vs high heels: it is very easy to learn that at that age, let´s say twice gone out and they can walk heels well. And that girl can dance, right? Because then quite for sure she can walk very high heels quite well. The problem is more likely that some having the opportunity would tend to wear them too often deforming feet easily then.

You're absolutely right, pata. I really happen to think that Miley does not have a lot of experience wearing heels that high. However, she just might be "playing up" to the camera's also. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The only comment I will make is that those are really nice boots Miley is wearing. I just hope she doesn't go the way of Britney and Lindsey. But from some of the interviews I've seen of her and public appearences she's made lately, she seems to be moving in that direction.

Too late. Miley's well on her way to Trampville, not that I give a rat's ass as that seems to be the usual career course for today's over celebrated pop tarts. I'm guessing she'll be joining Lindsey in rehab inside of a year. Meanwhile, as for the shoes Miley was seen wearing, tsk! Rather foolish to wear shoes you can't stand or walk in, makes me wonder what the point was.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!