A day out in heels - fun !!!!

SF

Actually it was two days in heels. Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, the wife and I had errands to run. The weather was perfect - warm but not hot - perfect sandal weather, so I wore a pair of black Naturalizer slides with a "criss cross" vamp and a 2 1/2 inch chunky heel, and the wife wore a pair of 3 inch strappy toe loop wedgies. We went to the bank, a large clothing store, and then to the mall. Lots of people, a few looks and no comments at all. We had fun. Today (Sunday) the wife and I went to church and she wore the same strappy wedgies from yesterday, and I wore a pair of brown two strap sandals with a 2 inch chunky heel and a buckle across the instep. Again, no one seemed to notice or care (it was church ya know - ha ha). After church, the wife took off with some friends for the day so I decided continue the heeling adventure. The question was what to wear? I have about 20 pairs of heels, all sandals; thongs, slides, wedgies, espadrilles etc. etc. All the sandals I have worn in public many times - except for one particular pair, which untill today I have only worn at home. Todays pick was a simple patent black t-strap thong that I bought at Target last year. The shoe is a basic t-strap thong, with very thin "spaghetti" straps and a buckled back strap. The heel is a thin "stiletto" heel about 2 1/2 inches high. When I bought these sandals, I also got the wife a matching pair in patent red, which she loves. The wife said that this style sandal is definately the most fem shoe that I have (and she's right!). Until today, I was having second thoughts if I would ever wear these sandals in public. I figured "what the heck - you only live once," and put on these very fem hh thongs (along with a gold toe ring and a nice pedicure) and headed out for the rest of the day. My first stop was the local IKEA store, and the place was PACKED!! I was proud of myself, I parked the car and boldly went into the crowd. I walked the whole store, and looked at some really neat stuff (hadn't been to Ikea in a while). As I walked the store, most folks never noticed my sandals. A few did, but I never saw or heard any overt comments or gestrues. The next stop was a large outdoor shopping mall. I went inside Macy's, and Bloomingdales - some of the clerks - male and female, looked at my shoes and smiled but made no comment. I then walked around the stores outside, again with no apparent reaction from anyone. I then went to a very crowded street fair and walked around for about an hour, visiting the various artists booths and making small talk with the vendors - male and female. Again, folks noticed my shoes, but absolutely no comments. I continued to another large indoor mall where I walked around and visited a few stores. Then I went to a large book store and browsed for about and hour and had some coffee. During the time out in my fem thongs, few noticed - and the ones that did noticed did not seem to care. I must have been around hundreds, if not thousands, of folks today and yesterday without any problems or hassles. I had fun today. I have been wearing heels in public for many years and have had similar reactions - or NON reaction. A few, very few, times have I had a negative reaction from people, but most of the time being out in heels is a non-event, no one notices or cares. Today proved my point even more; I was wearing a pair of very fem (some would say even sexy) sandals, with little or no notice from others - geez, I was almost disapointed that I didn't get at least one comment - positive or negative!! Bottom line, for those of you that are hesitant to go out in public in heels, get out there and try it!! It's not that scary once you get used to it. Yes, you will be nervous and have "butterflys" the first time(s), but as you build you confidence, things will get better!! We need more guys out in heels!! Take care all, good luck..... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

You must wear them well with confidence, that is the whole key to it. Glad you enjoyed your day, seems that I need to do the same soon with some higher heels. Last week I went shopping at a electronic's store and wore T-strap womens sandals to buy a TV. They were a lite blue suede with cutouts over the toes, a heel about an inch and a quarter high. Made by Monro American, and no one said a thing or looked at them odd.

I think you are right with your assumption that either the people don't see it or they don't care too much. My gf is still not convinced and mentioned that she wouldn't feel comfortable and as we go out together most of the time, i respect hear and don't wear heels. But i hope this will change. Anyway thanks for sharing SF.

"Today proved my point even more; I was wearing a pair of very fem (some would say even sexy) sandals, with little or no notice from others - geez, I was almost disapointed that I didn't get at least one comment - positive or negative!!

Bottom line, for those of you that are hesitant to go out in public in heels, get out there and try it!! It's not that scary once you get used to it. Yes, you will be nervous and have "butterflys" the first time(s), but as you build you confidence, things will get better!! We need more guys out in heels!! Take care all, good luck..... sf "

We that wear high heels in public feel this same way. Sometimes I too get a little disappointed when i am spotted in high heels and there is either no comments or no reactions. But it is still and always fun to be out in high heels in public and I am so happy for your successful outing. Good luck on future outings.

Roniheels (and others), Thank you for your comments. Yes, wearing heels in public is fun, an experience I find very enjoyable. Just wish more guys did it too!! Take care... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Not to take anything away from SF's great outing, but for those shy about heeling in public, the upcoming holiday shopping season is a great time to go out. Especially when you get into December, on nights and weekends, the stores and malls are packed with people focused on their own thing (shopping), that it seems much less likely they'll be focusing on your thing (wearing heels).

ALL, SF's story about his shopping adventures with his wife in California should be a billboard to those contemplating wearing heels in public. He went where he wanted amid large crowds with no ill effects at all. Life is a one-way journey lasting around 75-80 years give or take The more time you spend dilly-dallying is less time spent enjoying what that journey has to offer...and the journey is a lot more enjoyable in a pair of your favorite heels! Heel up and live on!! HappyinHeels