While relaxing around the house, do you wear heels?

maskdtw

As soon as I'm home I change into a pair of kitten heel pumps that are a half size large so they are like slippers. Working in the garage or garden I've got a natty pair of ankle boots with 3 in heels. Heels make a wonderful sound which I find stimulating as well as relaxing after a long day at work!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with your statement. After working in a professional office for eight to ten hours, I find sitting a my home office desk wearing a pair of heels quite comforting.

At the moment i have plenty of time for heels! As i am off work with shoulder injury :(, had plenty of time for heels in the past 5 weeks & 7 weeks to go :wave:, so more heel time fo me. I have cut my collection down to just 2 pairs of ankle boots, 1 pair calf length boots & 1 pair mary janes. I have also been out for some walks in heels and yesterday spent 3 hours in the calf boots, the boots were a bit muddy by the end. Today is the mary janes turn for wearing so 6 hours in them.

This might shock some folks, but for me, that's a big fat no. Unless I'm checking to see how heels look with an outfit I plan to wear, I never bother with shoes while relaxing at home.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I get home I do change into a pair of high heel wedges, (some times 5 inch heels, I do like the sound of the heels on the floor). It is very comforting to wear them until I go to bed. I even wear them outside in the garden.

After a long day at work wearing athletic shoes, I need to relax my feet for awhile. I suffer from Plantar fasciitis in my right heel, and I usually have to ice it for a while. When I go downstairs for the evening, I will pull out a pair of heels, sit at my desk, and play games, check e-mail, and of course, check out this forum.

I wear heels to the office on most days. If I wear shorts or capris, I'll wear low-heel (2-3") block or wedge heel clogs, sandals,or loafers, and if I wear long pants, often I'll wear a taller (3-3.5") thinner heel (clogs, sandals, loafers, boots or pumps), but I don't wear stiletto heels in public. My body type is too stocky and stilettos look goofy on me, I think. I work at my own company so I make up the dress code, and it's liberal! When I get home, I usually continue to wear heels, and I have a few favorite pairs I enjoy, mostly clogs, pumps, and sandals for relaxing, usually with a thin (but not stiletto) heel 3" or so, which is my most comfortable height. If I'm doing yard work or something that requires practical shoes, I usually wear rubber clogs. I also enjoy sleeping in sandals, 3-4", in block or stiletto heels. Steve

The relaxing part is hard to do but when I am at home I usually have some sort heeled boot/sandal/shoe on. Unless of course I know some company is coming over. As is it getting colder more heeled boots now, a quick trip to town for groceries or other erands is usually done in boots. The only time I am not in boots/shoes is when I am actually taking people into the mountains, then it is specialized climbing or ski boots. Mtnsofheels

yes, the same goes for me-I like to wear either my blade heel boots from NINE WEST or the "avitar" boots (the black demonias) today I wore going out to the mall & pumkin city in my aerolsol "elasticity" (I think thats the name) boots with my black levis over them-they are very comfortable for long periods.:wave:

I hear ye,HighCurious, the same for me (when I have the time that is) to wear my NINE WEST blade heel knee boots (4 inch heels) either watching TV/VIDEO or online here (sometimes when I'm navigating on GOOGLE maps, street view, I feel I've got to "dress for pleasure" when I'm going on down the streets of my choice in my very own "virtual car" as it were) LOL:smile: (I dont drive a real car, but maybe some day I shall)

Not too often really... Although now that the weather is cooling off a bit, I will wear them around the house more often than in the summer... Like docs41, heels that I probably wouldn't wear out...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

ALL, My guess here is that the vast majority of us wear higher heels at home because wearing the higher heels we may not wear in public IS the relaxation we seek each week. I have said before that I sometimes clean the house in short-shorts and 7" wedges because it is relaxing and I'm getting work done. Other times I might put on skinny jeans and my VICTORIA pumps with the stiletto heels just to watch TV (or post on hhplace). :wave: HappyinHeels

• 4 months later...

Just getting into wearing heels. It started with a pair of heels wife and I purchased for a kinky dress up night at a hotel for our 19th anniversary. Don't have many opportunities to wear them since we have an 18 year old daughter at home. That will all change this fall when she goes off to university. Since that night I ordered a pair of Pleaser Platform heels (wow they are tall) and then the wife took mee to a last chance store and bought a pair of Black Patent open toe pumps with a hidden platform. Can't wait to be able to wear them more often, of course with nice polish on my nails. Pictures to come soon.

So far, only when home alone, which isn't all that often. I rotate my small collection as the mood strikes me. This forum has also allowed me to think about going further, heeling in public, perhaps some style photos. Got to lose some weight first!

I really injoy sitting at the computer with a pair of heels on reading all the threads. I normaly get up in the morning and put on heels to start my day. And most of the time I end up at night reading on net or some book with heels on. Thats my day so far.:-))