Good store employee

Hello everyone Last night i decided to buy a pair of heels (my third, but my second time buying, since i buyed two pairs the first time), and i decided to go to payless since they display all the sizes in the shelves and i don't have to ask anyone if they have my size (i'm shy abut my heels and don't wear them in public). So i went in the store and started browsing, of course there are not a lot of shoes in my size (us10-11), and specially not high heels, yet i found a nice pair pf 4 inch pumps and tried them on, and even if they ran a little to small for my feet i considered purchasing them. Then i decided to do something i would have never done a couple of months back (thanks to his forum, i can do it now) and asked the emplyee if they had those shoes in size 11, sadly they did not have them, but she mentioned that they had a new arrival that was not displayed yet, and sowed me a pair of black patent, round toe pumps, and she proceeded to give advice (round toe are being more used in my city, she mentioned that). I tooked at both shoes side by side, and she asked me wich ones i liked best, and, upon request, she showed me other styles that they had in size 11 did not have in display, none to my taste but her attitiude was pretty cool. After she showed me the shoes she discretly waked away so i tried them on and bought them, i'm not sure if she knew i was shopping for myself, but i think she definately suspected, since shoes this size are extremely uncommon (Colombian girs are quite short and have small feet on average), but she managed the situation in a way that made me feel totally comfortable, even showing me other women's shoes in my size (these are not high heels though, she said). So bottomline now i have a pair of 4 inch heels (my ohter pairs are 3.5) and have a very positive image of that particular store, i hope they get new shoes soon, or maybe i'm even ready to come into another store and just ask for my size, sadly i cannot buy anymore shoes in the near future (damn rent) but that experience will really help me next time i intend to do so.

I've had good service at Payless too. I saw a pair of sandals on their website I liked so I stopped in the store and asked if they carried that style in a 13. She said no, they only carried them up to size 12 and would I like to try them on. I declined, knowing they would be too small. She then told me how I could order them onliine, have them shipped free to the store, then gave me a discount coupon to use. She was so sweet. I ordered them, as well as another pair I liked. I hoped she would be there when I picked them up but she wasn't.

I can't agree more with JMC, It's not rocket science it's in the title "Store(sales) Assistant" If they don't assist the the sale goes away. In any store I don't like being pounced on like prey, but if I cannot find what I want then I need the guide as to where or is it available. Sounds like you have more than a good store maybe even a friend. Here's to your next visit Al

The service is great, but sadly they don't have may shoes in my size, i pretty much bougth all three pair of shoes that i like and are aviable in my number in all the payless of my city (i think there is one or two i have not cheked yet), but i will be back in a couple of months to see if they have new inventory, like i mentioned colombian women are short as an average so you can find a lot of very nice shoes in sizes 5-6-7, 8 not so much 9 even less, but 10 and 11 have very few models and most of them are low heeled shoes.

There's an old Payless thread that will have multiple similar stories. I'm not sure it's been as active recently, because 18 months or so ago, they noticeably cutback on the selection of large size shoes. You can find an occasional large size shoe now, but not nearly as many as there used to be.

Sadly it's not a recen thing, payless has been in my city (country even) for less than a year, so to me the little selection of big shoes it's just the way it is, nothing new. On the upside there is no other store like that here, so even if the selection it's small it's better than what we used to have, sure there are big shoes in other stores, but you allways have to ask for the number, and i think that the main advantage of payless is that you don't have to do that just walk in and find your size, so it's a good way to beat that barrier on the first purchase, im pretty sure that, were it not for payless i would not have the few heels i have now, not just because i bought them there (duh) but because it allowed me to try on shoes without having to ask anyone, and that it's just not possible anywhere else in my city.

Congratulations on your purchase. I have had mixed results with sales personnel at Payless Shoes, but mostly positive. You were lucky to have such a positive sales person and thanks to her being so cordial, it sounds like you will be a return customer. As the others said, curteous help usually equals sales.

• 1 month later...

i can happily say as a person with a larger foot size (womens US12) payless always has a good variety for my perusing, and some of the sales associates here i could do without, but the last 3 or 4 i have encountered have been wonderful, esp the one yesterday (11-11-10) i had been in there before halloween shopping for some boots, she was wonderful in helping me out, and even went so far as to say if you see anything in another size, and would like to see if it is in yours, let me know, to which there were a few, but anyway, she recognized me, and asked how the boots i had gotten were, and when i informed her of the return she asked of there was a way she could help me find something better than what i had, very happy was i, and go back again for more i will. associates like her make it worth going in for heels