My gf things thigh boots are not appropriate work attire wear, what do you think?

highheeltrained

My gf is always wearing heels, especially to work and high heel boots. easy for her since shes a business secretary. But she thinks thigh high boots are never appropriate to wear to work no matter how she wears them or what she wears them with. Though she loves wearing them any where else. What do you think? and how can I change her mind?

It's becoming fashionable to wear high heels for racing in, according to the number of stiletto racing events that have been held in different sections of the world. We even hear that high heeled boots are used as hiking footwear. All right, activities like these are a bit extreme or fanatical uses to wear heels for. It has got to be a personal judgement as to what, where, or when that person chooses to wear the type of footwear they are most comfortable with. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing shorts or cut-offs in an office setting, whether I wore kneehighs, thigh highs, pumps, or sport shoes. However, I've seen a person come to work in what looks like their pajamas and furry slippers and it wasn't close to Halloween. Just keep on trusting her judgement to wear the right things. That is part of why you want to be with her isn't it?

Just keep on trusting her judgement to wear the right things. That is part of why you want to be with her isn't it?

It sounds like she has good fashion sense and good judgement. I think I would go along with her on this one. You might disagree with her, but don't try to change her mind.

Indeed. By forcing her to do things she doesn't want to do or thinks are inappropriate is a sure fire way of loosing her. She sounds like a keeper to me so just be content that she'll wear them everywhere else, a lot of guys would kill to be where you are now.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, unless one happens to have a job as a dominatrix or works at a fetish shop, I would have to agree with the girlfriend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, unless one happens to have a job as a dominatrix or works at a fetish shop, I would have to agree with the girlfriend.

Absolutely. I love thigh boots and wear them whenever I can. However they are most definitely NOT office attire. There are limits with any kind of dress, and this is one of them.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I totally agree with JeffB. Be grateful your gf likes to wear heels, but don't try to force / persuade her to do something she doesn't want. She sounds like she has her head screwed on and knows what's what.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I agree with everyone here, why would you want to coerce/convince her to wear thigh highs to work? I have worked in an office environment for 20 years and have never seen anyone wear thigh highs. Even knee high boots or any heels over 4" in a business office can be a bit edgy, unless done very tastefully. Sorry, but people would instantly think she was trashy and unprofessional, even if she was the best employee there. In fact, I can think of very few work environments where thigh highs would be appropriate.

The one thought to keep in mind is this. If your gf wears an appropriate skirt with the thigh boots, no will notice. I have known of ladies that have thigh boots and will wear skirts in the just above the knee to mid calf length and wear their thigh boots with them and no one is any wiser for what they are wearing for their boots.

The one thought to keep in mind is this. If your gf wears an appropriate skirt with the thigh boots, no will notice. I have known of ladies that have thigh boots and will wear skirts in the just above the knee to mid calf length and wear their thigh boots with them and no one is any wiser for what they are wearing for their boots.

Then what's the point? Why wear a style of footwear then cover them up? We are not talking about a fetishist here in the slightest but a young lady going to work who does not feel that thigh boots are appropriate in the office.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I saw a gal today wearing a great pair of thigh high boots and she looked great - not trashy. She had black boots with black leggings, a tunic top, great light color jacket and a scarf. I think the key to pull it off is to have a lot going on on top and have the bottom be monochromatic.

hmm guys I think you're right, but I began thinking about that thing - and I wondered why tight high boots are just associated with fetish and dominatrixes?! What makes them so different to knee high boots?

Oh come on.....just think about the focal point that the tops of the boots draw you to....knees....or.....?*!?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Oh come on.....just think about the focal point that the tops of the boots draw you to....knees....or.....?*!?

Hey! Are you trying to make me think there are more assests than a knowledgeable women's seductive figure in high stiletto heels that attracts men. WOW!

HA! HA! HA! ........................HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Good one! HA! HA! HA! HA!

And I thought I knew a lot.

I saw a gal today wearing a great pair of thigh high boots and she looked great - not trashy. She had black boots with black leggings, a tunic top, great light color jacket and a scarf. I think the key to pull it off is to have a lot going on on top and have the bottom be monochromatic.

Ahh, but was this lady headed for work or some social function? My vote's for the latter. No one denies or refutes that thigh high boots can look tasteful if properly paired with a stylish outfit----but NOT in the workplace, unless it's Frederick's of Hollywood.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yeah. Of course....

but wearing tights is just normal. And wearing lowcut-jeans is normal...

And then why is wearing knee high boots just as normal as shoes?

And noone cares if you wore overknee stockings...

ok its true if your hosiery/skirts are getting shorter and shorter to show at least the whole boot shaft....

Personally regarding overknees I have the feeling that it mostly is a prejudice.

Ahh, but was this lady headed for work or some social function? My vote's for the latter. No one denies or refutes that thigh high boots can look tasteful if properly paired with a stylish outfit----but NOT in the workplace, unless it's Frederick's of Hollywood.

Hi Jeff:

Actually out and about at a farmer's market. Mid afternoon on a Saturday. They weren't the super stiletto fetish style. A little more weight to the heel. Looked great.

I dont see whats so bad about wearing them with a knee length skit or ankle length.

Here is an example. An old girlfriend wore this a few times to her work where she worked at an office at a desk.

Though she wore a different top then the one in the pic.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2llik9d.jpg

OK - there are offices where that outfit could pass with no problems. Then again, some places would not allow it.

It all depends on the office and how it's presented.

Back to the basics - Let her decide what she feels is appropriate for the office she works in.

OK - there are offices where that outfit could pass with no problems. Then again, some places would not allow it.

It all depends on the office and how it's presented.

Back to the basics - Let her decide what she feels is appropriate for the office she works in.

Agree with both comments, that outfit is passable, but still its her decision to wear what she is comfortable in.

Side question: I guess am interested in understanding the attraction to thighboots (same question applies to platforms that are 1.5" or more, I don't get that one either). To me, kneehigh boots are incredibly sexy as they are usually very form fitting and compliment the shape of the leg very nicely, and together with a short skirt, wow. On the other hand, thighhigh boots are usually looser fitting, especially above the knee they flare out, and just look awkward and uncomfortable to wear. Well, I probably opened a can of worms with this question, but I just want to understand the attraction to them. Sorry if my question offends anyone...