jean-gaborit.com

Crushinboots

We have made eight custom Boot purchases from Jean Gaborit, all terrific experiences. As Dr. Shoe mentions check out the forums on the Jean Gaborit website. Lots of feedback. Also, it does not hurt to write directly to Ian at Jean Gaborit and ask any questions you may have. FYI, we have invited Ian to the 2008 World Heelmeet in London, Feb 16, 2008, so if you are still in decision mode this would be a great opportunity to do a sizing and see the many designs they have. david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather expensive but they last for years - Dan

Exactly my experience.

Very expensive but they are the money worth! I didn't like the style of the heels (model Palma) and replaced them by my own selfmade wooden 4'' stacked heels. A perfect french-german collaboration :smile: I'm wearing them since years on the street - simply undestroyable!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• 1 month later...

I had a pair of Jean Gaborit's custom made last year - they are a combination of the Manila (shaft) and Shania (foot) styles. Ian was very helpful in putting this hybrid together for me. It took about three months to receive my order, and they are very pricey, but well worth it. This particular pair is very roomy around the ankle, and works best for me when worn over skinny jeans. They have recently introduced the "Kelly", which is more form fitting, and in my opinion, their best design yet - time to start saving my money. Those boots are the bomb!

http://www.jean-gaborit.com/en/

click on "daring jean" at the url above...

I have never purchased form Jean Gaborit, But I did find an almost new pair on eBay a few years ago.

They are very well made, and of a very nice quality leather.

I wear them often, they are very comfortable and are wearing very well.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Awesome Boots!

david & cathy

I had a pair of Jean Gaborit's custom made last year - they are a combination of the Manila (shaft) and Shania (foot) styles. Ian was very helpful in putting this hybrid together for me. It took about three months to receive my order, and they are very pricey, but well worth it. This particular pair is very roomy around the ankle, and works best for me when worn over skinny jeans. They have recently introduced the "Kelly", which is more form fitting, and in my opinion, their best design yet - time to start saving my money. Those boots are the bomb!

http://www.jean-gaborit.com/en/

click on "daring jean" at the url above...

• 4 weeks later...

Glamour Boots has recently added the "Emily" to their catalog, which is a variation on the Kelly. Here's the link:

http://www.glamourboots.com/items/casual/Emily/emily.html

I'm not sure if they can be ordered directly through Jean Gaborit Euroboots, but I intend to find out. Has anyone had experience with ordering boots through GlamourBoots? Decisions, decisions...

Glamour Boots has recently added the "Emily" to their catalog, which is a variation on the Kelly. Here's the link:

http://www.glamourboots.com/items/casual/Emily/emily.html

I'm not sure if they can be ordered directly through Jean Gaborit Euroboots, but I intend to find out. Has anyone had experience with ordering boots through GlamourBoots? Decisions, decisions...

The internet address of Jean Gaborit is http://www.euroboots.fr or http://euroboots.biz It shouldn't be a problem to send them an order directly in french or english. I did it in french because I'm always interested in practicing foreign languages. That worked quite well!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha - I couldn't find the Emily boot on Jean Gaborit's website, but it was shown on the Glamourboots site. It's also shown on the After Dark Fashions website. I'm waiting for a reply from Euroboots to see if they sell it directly. I like it a little more than the Kelly boot because it has cleaner lines in the foot portion. I like the boots in your avatar - where did you get them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jean Gaborit have put a bunch of their hotest styles on sale as "off the shelf" i.e. order your size and they ship as is..........see their special website for the off the shelf items at http://www.justboots.biz

Say hello to Ian when you order.....he is also a member here,

david & cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the link. The prices are considerably less than the custom made styles. I recently ordered a pair of the Elise boots made to measure, and am looking forward to receiving them. I will definitely consider ordering a pair of "off the peg" boots (the eros and anna models are very appealing) in the future. Thanks again and happy heeling!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Ian at Jean Gaborit wants to pass along a note that from now until July 5th they have a HUGE pre-season sale on all their Boots. Check them out!

http://www.jean-gaborit.com

Be sure to mention you saw the sale note on HHPlace.com.

As an owner of a dozen pairs of Jean Gaborit Boots myself, I can certainly attest to the incredible quality, craftsmanship and styles that Ian and his team make.

Cheers,

david

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.... Ian has extended the pre-season sale to July 14th....30% off all styles.

Check out http://www.jean-gaborit.com

david

Hi Everyone,

Ian at Jean Gaborit wants to pass along a note that from now until July 5th they have a HUGE pre-season sale on all their Boots. Check them out!

http://www.jean-gaborit.com

Be sure to mention you saw the sale note on HHPlace.com.

As an owner of a dozen pairs of Jean Gaborit Boots myself, I can certainly attest to the incredible quality, craftsmanship and styles that Ian and his team make.

Cheers,

david

• 4 months later...

UPDATE.... Ian has extended the pre-season sale to July 14th....30% off all styles.

david

Just thought I'd inform people of this....I placed an order with www.jean-gaborit.com for some custom made boots in July. They sent the wrong boots last month. It was some cheaper non-custom made boot in a much larger size. I notified them and they were going to send the correct boots, but I have not seen them to this day. I have been emailing them, and they are not responding back to my emails. I am sorry to say that I do not recommend doing business with these people.

david

Just thought I'd inform people of this....I placed an order with www.jean-gaborit.com for some custom made boots in July. They sent the wrong boots last month. It was some cheaper non-custom made boot in a much larger size. I notified them and they were going to send the correct boots, but I have not seen them to this day. I have been emailing them, and they are not responding back to my emails. I am sorry to say that I do not recommend doing business with these people.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've had same problem with Jean Gaborit. I've been waiting since last March on a pair made with expensive chrome leather that was special ordered. Ian has always been good to work with until about 3 months ago. Apparently, a some workers left the company causing production problems. Jean Gaborit is a small company according to Ian. He promised to send boots out months ago, and nothing ever happened , nor will he answer my emails. Same situation you've experienced. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think company has folded, is about to, or Ian is in process of leaving. It would be a shame as Ian knows boots and Jean Gaborit made great boots. :w00t2:

Hi, Does anyone know what's going on with Jean Gaborit? I ordered a pair of St. Tropez boots from Jean Gaborit in early August. Although the boots were supposed to be ready and delivered by late September, they haven't arrived yet. At least I haven't paid for the boots yet (which is also strange because I'd imagine custom made expensive boots would require some deposit at least). The customer service guy keeps promising me every time after I send an email asking about the boots' delivery date that "they will be sent at the latest this week" (according to him, the boots were delayed because of manufacturing problems). The last time he promised that was last week and of course I didn't hear from him or any other company member since. I don't know what to do except wait. If I would have already paid for them, I probably would have cancelled my order by now but since I haven't paid I have nothing to lose by waiting. I've spoken to another guy on the forum and he has heard the same problem from a few people. Did any of you have the same problem? Have you received your boots?

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know that I had left you a reply before regarding same problem. However, Ian did correct everything,and I have received boots and am very pleased with Jean Gaborit. I 'll certainly will buy again from them. Mine were shippied to wrong address or mishandled by postal service, but after 2 months boots showed up at Jean Gaborit. Ian contacted me and resent them.Also learned Jean Gaborit had some retirements and a death ,which had to be worked through.They now have a full compliment of workers,so everything should be running smoothly again.

I would suggest you contact Ian again,and mention " Chrome Boots "asked you to.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hey,guys. i am finally getting situated on making the next big jump in bootdom...splurging on a pair of jean gaborit boots. anyone out there have anything they would care to share on the subject,ill or good...i wanna hear it. they are pricey but would dearly love a pair.

Hope you don't consider this off topic but I have bought some designer boots recently firstly some Ash Embroidered boots and then some Christian Louboutin "Forever Tina" boots and I can state that the comfort,fit and build quality are second to none and worth every penny...just pure luxury. Not to say that less expensive boots don't still have a great attraction for me for everyday use and I am sure that any wait for them will be well worth it.:winkiss:

Hi there Crotchboots-m The Christian Louboutin "Forever Tina" I found in the United States and had them shipped to the Uk, but in common with many desinger houses they only run to a UK size 8 to the best of my knowledge the story of the Ash boots is not much better in fact probably worse they only run to a UK size 7 that I have found although they do fit me ok if a little tight to begin with...sorry that the news is not better....but keep looking and I am sure that you will find some in the end....I confess to searching endlessly Regards Billy