jean-gaborit.com

Crushinboots

Definitely worth every penny. yes, they do take awhile but the work Ian and his staff do is second to none. Cathy and I now have over a dozen JG Boots between us. When you order write directly to Ian and mention David & Cathy from BC, Canada. In our photo gallery you will see some of the JG Boots we have. David & Cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey,guys. i am finally getting situated on making the next big jump in bootdom...splurging on a pair of jean gaborit boots. anyone out there have anything they would care to share on the subject,ill or good...i wanna hear it. they are pricey but would dearly love a pair.

Hi, my first post here.

I own 4 pairs of JG boots and as being said before, they are worth every penny. With my latest pair, I had some trouble, because the measurements were not correct. So, JB got them back and after about 2 months, I received a completely new pair without any trouble! I strongly receomend JG if you would like to wear a "custom-made" pair of thigh boots.

Booted greetings from Germany

Joerg (bootlover66)

I have 2 pairs and like everyone else above I think they are great. Quality and workmanship are very good. They feel really solid and well made. They are expensive, but worth the money. Unfortunately, yes, you will have wait a while for delivery. But hey, like all good things.... A further bit of advice: in my experience, when you're doing the measurements (if you are getting some mtm ones) err on the generous side, especially if you want to wear them over jeans. The boots are made spot on to the measurements and are a very snug fit to the leg.

Bootlover66 –

Chrisr -

Welcome both to the forum and thanks for the helpful information about Jean Gaborit. Unfortunately my budget won’t allow that much digressionary spending at the moment but it is a goal to shoot for.

Again, welcome both to the forum.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone; I am dying to get my wife a pair of boots from Jean Gaborit for an anniversary gift. Before I do, however, I want to see if there is anyone out there who has had a pair custom made him/herself. If there is, could you kindly take a moment to tell me of your overall experience and thoughts about your boots. Are they well made? True to your measurements? comfortable? etc. Thanks, just a normal guy.

They have a very good reputation here. I have a pair of their lace up thigh boots and the quality is superb, though these weren't made to measure.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi Normal Guy, I have ordered a couple of pairs from Jean Gaborit last year. They are really nicely made boots that fit well. I got the Siri Boot and the Madge. Both are awesome. One thing I found is that I needed patience as they took 12 weeks to get. They had some machine problems but aside from that I will and plan to order another pair in the spring. Also bear in mind that if you are ordering thigh highs, plan the measurements for either for over pants or without pants, and also some of those boots are made to fit tightly and make bending much harder when worn. I wear the Siri boot more and it took a half dozen times to break them in but as time goes along they get better and better. Well worth the planning, Ian is a nice fellow and can help you out with questions as well. Hope it goes well, look forward to hearing about them! Mtnsofheels

Normal Guy, The measuring was no problems as the GF and I did measuring on each other. Once I got the boots mine fit really well, the GF's were tight but with some liquid stretch she was able to expand the leather at the arch by just a little bit. With custom fit they were pretty exact to what I sent them. I will try and get a picture for you of the Siri boot in the next day or so to give you an idea. They have great styles and I could/would like to get a few more for sure. Leather quality is really nice. I got recommendation from Iloveboots who has several pairs of thigh highs that he raves about. Mtnsofheels

I've bought 2 pair of the Madonna style from them Via Glamour Boots here in the US which I believe the boots come from Jean-Gaborit good quality and service for both pairs of boots it was about 2 months.

Thanks to those you posted a reply-your input and insight are appreciated! I checked out Glamour Boots and noted that the boots they offer are actually Jean Gaborit boots; many of the photographs on the Glamour boots web site are identical to those on Jean G's site, or a very slight different angle. To Iloveboots, I can certainly appreciate your love of boots as after all, isn't that why we are all here? I don't know how the public would react to a man wearing boots like you have in my home city but even more sad, in parts of the US, it may not be welcomed. I commend you for wearing your boots in public! Thanks - Just a Normal Guy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, but my pair of Jean-Gaborit-Boots doesn't fit. Quality is ok, but is certainly not unique. And especially annoying is that I have to write ten emails to get one answer. Not recommendable! Jean-Gaborit never again! I wait more than 6 months for pair of boots. Nothing happend. I paid everything. Not email answer. not recommendable.

• 1 month later...

Check out these two new Jean Gaborit Boot styles; awesome heels; incredible quality; stylish; and fashionable.

Great news for lovers of tall heels, we have added 2

all new styles to our collection:

Chris & Tery

For all orders placed before the months end you will

benefit from a special launch price.

http://jean-gaborit.com/en/latest.htm

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"