jean-gaborit.com

Crushinboots

Hello everyone I was wondering if someone could possibly help me? What it is I am a UK size 12 shoe but for comfort I like either a UK 12.5 or a UK 13 in boots. What does that convert into in the EU fittings and in the US fittings and where in Europe can I get boots in those sizes as I have seen some gogeous boots in Jean Gaborit but I am unsure if they are my size? I hope that someone can help. Yours Crushinboots

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

size 12 is about a 46, 13 is a 47 or 48 depending on which size chart you go by. Emma PS I just went to the Jean Gaborit site and if you go to the individual item that interests you and click on 'size' it brings up a size chart with Euro sizes against length measurement in cm - should be easy from there!

....apart from the fact it only goes up to size 45 which is listed as having a length of 28.6cm so measure your foot and see how it compares. The sizes seem to go up about 0.6 to 0.7cm per size.

You can also visit:

http://jean-gaborit.biz/mesures.htm

Again the sizes stop beneath yours but why not take your measurements and email them to see if they will do a boot in your size. The thing to remember is that they may have to fit a standard heel on it which will mean the boots won't look quite the same as a smaller size.

A little warning about Jean-Gaborit, I screwd around with them 1 1/2 years trying to get a custom size (wide wide) in a US mens size 12 and they said they could make them. Well they can't about all they can custome make is the shaft. Very poor communications after the purchase, I would email them every week asking for an update or if they were receiving my mail and this went on for months with very few replies now I'm stuck with a $325.00 pair of boots that I've had stretched 5 times and they are still too tight. After I place my first order and they arrived 2 1/2 months later, I returned them with pictures showing where they were too tight, new measurement, tracings of my foot and so on it took a year to get the remakes back and now they will not respond to any of my mail. Sorry to rant but it's something you need to know. Later Sway

A little warning about Jean-Gaborit, I screwd around with them 1 1/2 years trying to get a custom size (wide wide) in a US mens size 12 and they said they could make them. Well they can't about all they can custome make is the shaft. Very poor communications after the purchase, I would email them every week asking for an update or if they were receiving my mail and this went on for months with very few replies now I'm stuck with a $325.00 pair of boots that I've had stretched 5 times and they are still too tight.

After I place my first order and they arrived 2 1/2 months later, I returned them with pictures showing where they were too tight, new measurement, tracings of my foot and so on it took a year to get the remakes back and now they will not respond to any of my mail.

Sorry to rant but it's something you need to know.

Later

Sway

Hi Sway,

one year ago I ordered boots from Jean Gaborit too. In EU size 45 (still normal size). Despite my order in french language their response was very poor. After transfering the money (prepaid) I never received any confirmation. Four weeks later I got finally a parcel from Euroboots. The quality was OK. But considering their prices, the service was bad.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Thanks FireFox,

I did post in the Rant forum about this some time back but I didn't say who I was dealing with just trying to give them the benefit of a doubt.

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=1028

They make some nice boots don't get me wrong but unless you can buy your shoe size off the shelf don't bother with them.

Lessons cost and I have paid for mine I just hope with more slow stretching some day I will be able to wear them a little.

I have foot problems and thats another post of mine in the rant forum, any type of shoe I wear has to fit very well or they hurt. Heels are just a little treat for me ever now and then.

Now it's time for some :drinking: and some :sleeping: :sleeping:

later Guys,

Sway

The Boots in question which I think look very good with my big bell bottoms. If they just fit look here. Ok I'm working on it, hold on...... I don't know how to post pic's here sorry, I give up for tonight. Now I give up, my photo host has changed things up so can't get address for the photo. Anybody know of an easy place to host photo's :lol::lol: Later Sway

• 8 months later...

They extended their "special" catalog. They make a 10% discount on the new stuff too.

http://euroboots.biz/sso/2004.04/catalog-e.htm

Some weird models (I'm not that much into leopard stuff), but some awesome ones too (the different chaps are fantastic ...)

And it's not that expensive ... because the price is for "made to measure" boots ! (yes, you can make those tigh boots really cover your complete leg even if you're tall :D)

I've been interested in their new styles for some time. I like the Carrea because it has a nice slim high heel with a roundish toe. The whole shape is elegantly understated. The heel on the Naples boot is so neutral that anyone could wear it. Pity they don't do it in an ankle boot.

So what's all the fuss about?

Robert Not quite the same. On those two styles the toe is square while Naples and Carrera are much slimmer without being 'pointy' On Germain it looks as as if the heel flares out towards the bottom. Fussy what? :D

So what's all the fuss about?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with this manufacturer? Are these made in France? I am looking at a pair on Ebay

Hi mskim61,

I have a pair of Jean-Gaborit-boots (model Palma). I ordered them in a comfortable size EU 45. They were a little bit too narrow but EU 44 isn't the baddest choice for me :D

The leather has an excellent quality but in my opinion they were too expensive. Meanwhile I have changed them completely. I didn't like the short heel and the pale colour of the suede leather. At a rainy weekend I exchanged the heels, now they have an own cowgirl construction from plywood. As my next attack they got a light brown shoe-polish. Afterwards they were really fashionable slouch boots!

Here an older pic

Posted Image

Today they are belonging to my most beloved boots. I'm wearing them often with turned down shafts over skinny drainpipe stretch jeans. No question - on the street!

nice greetings

micha (*with blue eyes*)

Hi Micha. I am curious, where did you get the cowgirl style heels for those boots? I have a pair of boots with stilettos that I want to change out with a wider heel. Your heels look perfect for what I want. And for "too espensive boots" those look great. :D

Hi Micha. I am curious, where did you get the cowgirl style heels for those

boots? I have a pair of boots with stilettos that I want to change out with a

wider heel. Your heels look perfect for what I want.

And for "too espensive boots" those look great. :cry:

Hi Wolford,

I thougt at that time: now I have invested so much money and I don't like their heels. It was four years ago. Nearly nobody was expecting a revival of vintage styles. And I didn't know nothing about zodiac or miss capezio cowgirl boots.

But I was remembering the style of the early 80ies which I liked so much. Why not construct my own heels!? At a rainy weekend I sawed out from 1 cm plywood a staple of ten shrinking layers. I glued and nailed them together. The last step was a polishing session with the abrasive wheel of my drilling machine. Afterwards I mounted my new heels with wood screws.

It's really funny that I have now the most fashionable Kate Moss and Sienna Miller slouch cowgirl boots, even in size EU 45 :rofl:

BTW: I will never put again any out of fashion boots into a charity container of the red cross! I'll bunker them for future fashion :D

nice greetings

micha

Still a comment: They are my most stable heels!

the problem with plywood is that it splits in the wet so it must be varnished. stacking soling leather this way would have been better but the boots are awesome nevertheless.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...