An update, and some new shoes!

las

Hi all! I've been actively browsing the site for a couple of years now and got to know a few of you through trading and another at a small meet we held in London last summer for a day. (organised through here, of course) I never really seem to have spoken out much or posted images.... I'm going to slightly fail on that count again today as there isn't a large mirror in this rented place - I'll get by without. Anyway... I finished uni up north and have ended up in Guildford. My love for heels and boots is still with me :) I bought a couple of pairs via eBay lately; namely some 5" pink (!) metal stiletto boots, the "cheap" pvc kind with laces - aside from my large calves they're quite good. The second pair that arrived last week is the ones you see in the image below - for now it's one of the seller's images. 5.5" heel at the back and 2" platform - probably the best quality shoes I've ever bought. They're in fantastic condition, and synthetic... not shiny. (also a first, hehe) Whilst the seller's description was perfect, it seems my left leg's calf muscle is a whole inch larger than my right! I was quite annoyed to discover this, so as a result the left boot doesn't zip up all the way :rose: If anyone has any tips or solutions, that would be cool! I guess the other point of this post is to make it known that I would love to try some more heeling out, London is very accessible over the weekend... hopefully I could last longer than a 10 min walk around a car park! (@LovesHiHeels) Another topic that seems to frequent these lovely boards is the subject of tights! To go with these new boots of mine, I did buy a pair of fishnets and a regular black pair - my first time with something like this and it works really well for boots; got them in the post just today. (I have 3 pairs of boots now and 2 other heels) "" Whilst I think I'd probably enjoy an event linked to us by Cinnamon in the "meetings" subforum, I think the Festival of Sins might be too much of a... challenge I guess. The other point of this thread I guess is to see how many folks may be up for a meet in the near future or could recommend anywhere to go where heeling would be more accepted. And if anyone could provide a suggestion for my dilemma as described above :) Thanks for reading, and happy heeling always! I really enjoy the enthusiasm and positive attitudes conveyed on these boards, so let's keep it up.

post-10337-133522924627_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading, and happy heeling always! I really enjoy the enthusiasm and positive attitudes conveyed on these boards, so let's keep it up.

Welcome Las. You are right about the positiveness here, generally. I think that is because we are all fighting the same fight. And we all have a common goal. I will enjoy reading about another mans adventure in the world of heeling. As far as your boots go. I am not much of a platform fan myself. But don't let that stop you. As long as you like em that's all that really matters. But again, welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Las, Im usually up for a meet when i can, i was at the 2009 heelmeet (couldnt make the 2010 one). Especially to meet those around the same age range. I dont know what you meant by the Festival of Sins being a challenge, do you mean confidence wise or distance or so? I only check here once a week or so, but had the idea in my head for anime conventions or a few clubs in camden but open to other ideas. It just depends on how you want to spend your time since youre out in Guildford.

Yeah confidence-wise for the festival... and I wouldn't know what to wear etc... being 6"2 and wanting to wear nice heels makes me 6"6+ which I think might stick out quite a bit. :wave: Am open to try stuff with other people certainly, travel's not a huge issue but I can't drive so would have to use public transport or stay over if it was a further place away over the weekend.

Hi, I used to live around that part of the world. Guildford was good for heels (there's a posh shop at the top of the hill near the civic centre which had some quality, but expensive stuff). The only grief was that damn hill and the cobblestones ! I think I'm up for a wander back down to the old stamping ground in the next month or two, so I'll keep an eye out for any heelmeets. Xa