Hello!

rebop24

Hello, I'm a new member. I enjoy boots, both seeing them on attractive women and wearing them myself. Currently, I have only a few of pairs. However, I am hoping to rectify that by purchasing a pair of 'Angie' Chap Boots by Ellie. Thus far, my research reveals that I shall likely have to order from the USA, there no sellers here in Europe. Before I order, what I am hoping is for someone who has a pair, to be able to tell me what the length of the inside leg of this model is. Anyone able to help with this? Thanks in anticipation.

Hello, Before I order, what I am hoping is for someone who has a pair, to be able to tell me what the length of the inside leg of this model is. Anyone able to help with this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Doesn't the inside length of the boot depend upon the size of the boot?

Perhaps if you tell us what size (UK) you need, we might be able to suggest a corresponding US size for you.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you all for your welcome.

Doesn't the inside length of the boot depend upon the size of the boot?

Perhaps if you tell us what size (UK) you need, we might be able to suggest a corresponding US size for you.

In answer to your question about the correlation between foot size and leg length; obviously, there must be some, but how much, I could not say.

I'm planning on ordering what is advertised as US women's size 13, which I believe equates to UK mens size 11.

I am keen on the particular model, because it seems a good deal longer/higher in length than most if not all the less expensive boots, and ought, or so I am hoping, go all the way up!

In answer to your question about the correlation between foot size and leg length; obviously, there must be some, but how much, I could not say.

I'm planning on ordering what is advertised as US women's size 13, which I believe equates to UK mens size 11.

I am keen on the particular model, because it seems a good deal longer/higher in length than most if not all the less expensive boots, and ought, or so I am hoping, go all the way up!

There are several "size charts" that. from time to time, have been posted here. Some of them also have lengths of the sizes as well as the various corresponding different international sizes, listed. If you search back through the archives, perhaps you will be able to locate some of them and they might help you resolve your dilemma. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There are several "size charts" that. from time to time, have been posted here. Some of them also have lengths of the sizes as well as the various corresponding different international sizes, listed. If you search back through the archives, perhaps you will be able to locate some of them and they might help you resolve your dilemma. :)

Thank you. I have found any number of footwear size charts, one of which I saved to my PC, none of which yet include leg length. I have in a few instances, where possible, contacted the seller, asking leg length. Surprisingly, some do not have a clue. Disappointingly, some do not, can not or will not examine a pair and measure them.

So, as there appear to be owners of Ellie 'Angie' chap boots on this message board, I thought I would ask, knowing someone here would have access to the information I require. Perhaps in time, they will let me know.

I believe we're confusing terms. "Inside leg length" I would guess would mean that you are curious as to the inside length of the shaft? You know, the part that rises above the ankle and goes as high as your calf, or mid-thigh or crotch high? or, at least to the highest part of the boot?

I actually don't believe you should have any problem getting any seller to measure the inside length from the bottom of the boot at the heel, to the top of the shaft. All they would have to do is drop a ruler or tape measure inside to the bottom and then read the measurement at the top. :)

The other measurement that I believe is even more important is the circumference of the calf of your legs. On some boots, that is too small in circumference to wrap around your calf/leg so that the wearer can't even properly zip the boot up past the calf, to the top. This is important to know especially if the wearer is portly or "overweight," These people tend to have fatter legs....especially at the calf and ankle.

As far as the inside length of the "shoe" part, itself, it depends upon the size of the boot or shoe. Usually different conversion charts, besides listing the corresponding equivalent size, also lists the length of the size in Centimeters. All you have to do to see if the shoe is long enough to fit your foot is measure your foot using a metric ruler.

I believe we're confusing terms. "Inside leg length" I would guess would mean that you are curious as to the inside length of the shaft? You know, the part that rises above the ankle and goes as high as your calf, or mid-thigh or crotch high? or, at least to the highest part of the boot?

I actually don't believe you should have any problem getting any seller to measure the inside length from the bottom of the boot at the heel, to the top of the shaft. All they would have to do is drop a ruler or tape measure inside to the bottom and then read the measurement at the top. :)

The other measurement that I believe is even more important is the circumference of the calf of your legs. On some boots, that is too small in circumference to wrap around your calf/leg so that the wearer can't even properly zip the boot up past the calf, to the top. This is important to know especially if the wearer is portly or "overweight," These people tend to have fatter legs....especially at the calf and ankle.

As far as the inside length of the "shoe" part, itself, it depends upon the size of the boot or shoe. Usually different conversion charts, besides listing the corresponding equivalent size, also lists the length of the size in Centimeters. All you have to do to see if the shoe is long enough to fit your foot is measure your foot using a metric ruler.

Yes, you're right, in part, at least. I do mean inside measurement of the shaft. Most important to me, though, is the measurement of the shaft on the inside of the leg as opposed to the outer.

While you do not believe there would be any problems me getting the information I require, it has not proven easy. Certainly not as easy as one would imagine. As explained in a previous post, a good few sellers of the type that retail others goods, do not, are not willing or cannot for whatever reason give the information I require. That's qualified by those unsuccessful attempts I have made thus far.

Thank you for pointing out the importance of calf measurement. In my case concerning the model of boot in question, as it is a loose fit pull-on, it won't be of any concern.

hi rebop24, always nice to see a new member, especially from england, do wear heel in public? ido all the time, an what part of england are you from, im in the birmingham area, would love to meet up some time and help you enjoy heeling in public if you dont already do so, enjoy the site, we're all friends together here

Most important to me, though, is the measurement of the shaft on the inside of the leg as opposed to the outer.

I (along with a lot of others, I would guess) really don't understand. Forgive me, perhaps if you explain why you feel this is so important??? Are you speaking of the circumference of the shaft? The inside circumference as opposed to the outside circumference? If you are, the difference would be the thickness of the leather or material that is used to make the boot, which shouldn't be more than 1/16th of an inch, if that thick. If you're speaking about the the circumference measurement of the shaft itself, it would be different at various points from the ankle up to the knee due to the shape of your leg. (It's narrower at the ankle than it is at the calf and then again different at the knee or thigh, etc.)

While you do not believe there would be any problems me getting the information I require, it has not proven easy.

I actually believe your main difficulty is trying to communicate exactly what you are looking for. (According to your profile, you live in England, therefore your command of the English language should be superior to us English speakers living in other parts of the world. And, it's not...)

Time to regroup, rethink and rephrase your question. Otherwise.........

• 1 month later...

I (along with a lot of others, I would guess) really don't understand. Forgive me, perhaps if you explain why you feel this is so important??? Are you speaking of the circumference of the shaft? The inside circumference as opposed to the outside circumference? If you are, the difference would be the thickness of the leather or material that is used to make the boot, which shouldn't be more than 1/16th of an inch, if that thick. If you're speaking about the the circumference measurement of the shaft itself, it would be different at various points from the ankle up to the knee due to the shape of your leg. (It's narrower at the ankle than it is at the calf and then again different at the knee or thigh, etc.)

I actually believe your main difficulty is trying to communicate exactly what you are looking for. (According to your profile, you live in England, therefore your command of the English language should be superior to us English speakers living in other parts of the world. And, it's not...)

Time to regroup, rethink and rephrase your question. Otherwise.........

As I said before, the circumference, is not important in this instance. Were it, then I would have stipulated so. If you care to read it thoroughly, you will see that it was another member who took it upon themself to raise that aspect, not me.

As to your idea of what is and/or is not a superior command of the language; whilst I may not have a grasp of the correct names of the various compoments that comprise footwear, one can hardly call that spoken on the other side of the 'Pond' English. Something else, perhaps Amglish(?), but not English.

Hold up dude. I understand what your talking about in your quest for information. Went looking in my Ellie catalog, and no, they do not state the heights as you requested. I talked with a gal I know who sells the Ellie line, but she doesn't have any in stock (store chain drop ships what they want to sell, so she can't even order in for me)

What she did say for what it's worth is that most of her "pro's" who dance in this boot have no problems with the height. She was thinking that a short person might have a problem with the inside length, but that any regular person should have no problem with height. She believes height stays the same throughout the size range.

The US Ellie web site plans on adding a 'where to buy' listing, but it's not completed, and hasn't been for over a year. http://www.ellieshoes.com/showcase/retail.asp You might try contacting Ellie and see if they can help.

As for finding these boots, I'd say your best bet would be to go where the working girls buy there boots. I have to believe some of these adult shops with shoes and boots just might have what your looking for. I'd look for stores near strip clubs. That's where I have purchased my Ellies.

As I said before, the circumference, is not important in this instance. Were it, then I would have stipulated so. If you care to read it thoroughly, you will see that it was another member who took it upon themself to raise that aspect, not me.

As to your idea of what is and/or is not a superior command of the language; whilst I may not have a grasp of the correct names of the various compoments that comprise footwear, one can hardly call that spoken on the other side of the 'Pond' English. Something else, perhaps Amglish(?), but not English.[/quote

Two things! 1) Have you figured out exactly what you are looking for?

and 2) have you figured out how to solve your dilemma ?

@ Heelster: Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated. After spending an age without success trying to find a reseller in Europe, I subsequently found and purchased them from a reseller in California. I find the boots better quality than expected. As they are inexpensive one cannot hope for too much, so I was pleasantly surprised. With regard to the other poster, Bubba136: he had no reason to be rude. Ordinarily, one would hope he would know better. In view of what he said, I'm given to thinking he must be insecure and see me in quite the wrong light. I'd advise him to be more careful and learn to moderate both himself and what he says and to whom, else someone may just point out to him the error of his ways, and in a rather less gentle manner. No-one else I know, neither my significant other, an Italian-American, nor my other American friends and acquaintances have any trouble understanding me, not even in the heat of some conflict or other. A good friend of mine, a former Master Sergeant in the 82nd Airborne, to which I was attached for a while, ever had any trouble communicating, not even when we were under fire. Then, those are intelligent, well educated people and for the most part think before they speak. Certainly, we tease one another about accent and so on, but we understand each other. As this chap insisted in being offensive, then he has no right to expect me not to respond. I can only think he thought I would not and would just take it lying down. Be aware, I most certainly will not, under any circumstances, put up with any such nonsense and yield to a loudmouth, be they actual or virtual. Never have, never will. Doubtless, this will probably get me banned, but what the heck. Well worth it, if the point is made. As I said, I simply do not tolerate such behaviour without saying and/or doing something about it.

@ Heelster:

With regard to the other poster, Bubba136: he had no reason to be rude. Ordinarily, one would hope he would know better. In view of what he said, I'm given to thinking he must be insecure and see me in quite the wrong light. I'd advise him to be more careful and learn to moderate both himself and what he says and to whom, else someone may just point out to him the error of his ways, and in a rather less gentle manner.

Do you really want to go this route?

I really don't believe I was being rude. I'm sorry if you do.

Actually I was a bit confused as to what you were actually seeking....with the idea that I, with all of my experience and knowledge of shoes and boots, just might be able to help you.

However, if you chose to take it that way, I won't feel bad about it. Because as the old saying goes, it's just mind over matter. I don't mind and you don't matter.

OK, Lighten up buddy! I don't suffer fools or threats lightly.

(besides, I bet my dad can lick your dad any time, anywhere......:wave::silly::()

Hey Rebop24; Calm down a bit. I work with a lot of people that have no command of the english language above 7th or 8th grade level every day - - and yes they are working adults. Your questions were framed correctly, but as I know myself, some times how people interpret the question can be different.

Hey, Rebop! Glad to have you on board. I've been here only since late September, so I'm still learning my way around the site, never having "forumed', blogged, bulletin-boarded, chat-roomed or any of that E-stuff before. I'm about as interenet unsavvy as one can get. :( Having said that, I offer the following which I hope will be of help: When I first registered, I had no idea how to enter an introduction, post anything, or navigate around. After about a week and 5 tries, Bubba136 discovered my intro burried somewhere in the "hello/good-bye" section under a most misleading caption starting "Seriously...", on Sept. 24 (if memory serves). Bubba threw a :wave: to me with brief but solid info that got me on the correct path. My take on Bubba is that he is seriously busy yet scrupulously responds to all queries. Despite an occasional....ummm... ?brusqueness maybe?, due to time overload, I urge you to not write him off as a churl. Churlishness, here in E-talk called "flaming", I think, is strictly against the stated rules of the forum, so Bubba would never intentionally insult you or your opinions. He, like everyone else here that I've met, is a friend who will do his/her best to help. 'Nuf said, at least my me. Seems to me that the controversy in this thread is one of nomenclature, not usage. The shoe manufacturing biz is as complex as any other that makes things with machines, and as such, has it's own language. I have been unable to locate a good glossary of shoe terms. I still can't find a clear, standard descirption of how to measure heel height. There seems to be some commonality among retailers, but no standard. So on we go, ordering shoes over the internet and then returning some due to miscommunication of terms. Well, FedEx & UPS guys have to eat too. Seems like a situation where we can :( and write our own standards. Brown & Bitter for me. UpBy5

Apologies in advance for the length of this, but it needs saying. @ Bubba136 You really ought not to jump to conclusions, something already evident, for I did not threaten you. I do not make threats. What I do however, where necessary, is point out bad behaviour and state fact, and chose in this instance to bring to your attention, your lack of same, just as I would with anyone else who treated me similarly. If you choose to interpret my communications incorrectly, then there is precious little I can do, other than that I have already done. Re your question on route: put simply, it will be the taking of whatever and whichever route is deemed necessary to accomplish whatever needs doing. Whilst I would ordinarily overlook the latter, I cannot forgive an opening salvo that consists of you casting aspersions on my nationality and use of language. Really, it ought not to matter where I am from. That you behaved as you did, is something only you can answer and ultimately, apologise for. Somehow, I doubt that is even possible, let alone likely. Concerning site AUP: then I politely suggest you think before you speak and you yourself abide by it, and not say things likely to inflame and/or cause offence. Personally, I'd say that what you wrote about me, my nationality and my use of language, constitutes a flame and hence a breach of site AUP. ----------------------------------------------------------------- To the others here, I speak as I find and, in this instance, find Bubba136 making hostile remarks, him deliberately being offensive. Let us not forget how this began and, more importantly, who started it. It was Bubba136, taking shots at me, a new member, who was simply, politely saying "Hello!" and seeking information. That he chose deliberately to cast aspersions on me, and what he presumed to be my nationality, in conjunction with my use of the English language would, anywhere else, be judged at least inflammatory and quite possibly, worse. As has been pointed-out to me by others who have read it, there is in his writing what may be construed as a racial element. Regardless, in acting as he did, I have every right to defend myself. As I said elsewhere, it ought not to matter where a member is from. So, as has been mentioned by someone, can't recall who, I would welcome the application of the site AUP in this matter, as long as it is applied fairly, evenly and transparently. Indeed, Bubba136's remarks may well be seen not just rude, but also, in view of his apparent slur on my nationality, include anti-racial sentiment. In view of his application of language, I have no doubt that, be it in this virtual or the real world, any lawyer worth his or her salt would seize on that aspect. Either way, his behaviour is hardly conducive to the fostering of good relations. If I am guilty of anything, then it is my not using the correct terminology as applicable in footwear construction, for which I have apologised. Bubba136 however, instead of reading properly that which I had written, A) saw fit to launch an attack on what he supposes is my nationality- it does not matter what it is, only that he cast asperions on it and me- and my use of English in conjunction with it, and :wave: proceeded then to talk about something I had not asked about, and was not in this instance remotely interested in, he somehow seeing this important, in spite of admitting he he did not understand me. Most odd. Frankly, it not only surprises, but amazes me, that there are those willing to defend and make excuses for Bubba136, the person who started this, while I am criticised for defending myself. That really is quite an extraordinary form of logic. Other than that, there two things I'd ask you consider: The first is, before commenting further, that events be examined fairly, objectively and in an unbiased fashion, and that I am not penalised for defending myself. The other, is that I am not blamed for Bubba136's seemingly apparent inability to control himself and what he writes. That, is his alone to manage. All things said and done, I am not hopeful. What has gone before has soured things. You're all pals together, while I'm a newcomer, and I imagine it will not be me who gets the kid glove treatment. So, regardless of outcome, I doubt I'll stick around. After this, I am not sure I would want to. At least I got to say what I needed to say. And I'd do it over again. Always did, always shall.

Apologies in advance for the length of this, but it needs saying.

@ Bubba136

You really ought not to jump to conclusions, something already evident, for I did not threaten you. I do not make threats. What I do however, where necessary, is point out bad behaviour and state fact, and chose in this instance to bring to your attention, your lack of same, just as I would with anyone else who treated me similarly. If you choose to interpret my communications incorrectly, then there is precious little I can do, other than that I have already done.

Re your question on route: put simply, it will be the taking of whatever and whichever route is deemed necessary to accomplish whatever needs doing.

Whilst I would ordinarily overlook the latter, I cannot forgive an opening salvo that consists of you casting aspersions on my nationality and use of language. Really, it ought not to matter where I am from. That you behaved as you did, is something only you can answer and ultimately, apologise for. Somehow, I doubt that is even possible, let alone likely.

Concerning site AUP: then I politely suggest you think before you speak and you yourself abide by it, and not say things likely to inflame and/or cause offence. Personally, I'd say that what you wrote about me, my nationality and my use of language, constitutes a flame and hence a breach of site AUP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To the others here, I speak as I find and, in this instance, find Bubba136 making hostile remarks, him deliberately being offensive.

Let us not forget how this began and, more importantly, who started it. It was Bubba136, taking shots at me, a new member, who was simply, politely saying "Hello!" and seeking information. That he chose deliberately to cast aspersions on me, and what he presumed to be my nationality, in conjunction with my use of the English language would, anywhere else, be judged at least inflammatory and quite possibly, worse. As has been pointed-out to me by others who have read it, there is in his writing what may be construed as a racial element. Regardless, in acting as he did, I have every right to defend myself. As I said elsewhere, it ought not to matter where a member is from.

So, as has been mentioned by someone, can't recall who, I would welcome the application of the site AUP in this matter, as long as it is applied fairly, evenly and transparently. Indeed, Bubba136's remarks may well be seen not just rude, but also, in view of his apparent slur on my nationality, include anti-racial sentiment. In view of his application of language, I have no doubt that, be it in this virtual or the real world, any lawyer worth his or her salt would seize on that aspect. Either way, his behaviour is hardly conducive to the fostering of good relations.

If I am guilty of anything, then it is my not using the correct terminology as applicable in footwear construction, for which I have apologised. Bubba136 however, instead of reading properly that which I had written, A) saw fit to launch an attack on what he supposes is my nationality- it does not matter what it is, only that he cast asperions on it and me- and my use of English in conjunction with it, and :wave: proceeded then to talk about something I had not asked about, and was not in this instance remotely interested in, he somehow seeing this important, in spite of admitting he he did not understand me. Most odd.

Frankly, it not only surprises, but amazes me, that there are those willing to defend and make excuses for Bubba136, the person who started this, while I am criticised for defending myself. That really is quite an extraordinary form of logic.

Other than that, there two things I'd ask you consider:

The first is, before commenting further, that events be examined fairly, objectively and in an unbiased fashion, and that I am not penalised for defending myself. The other, is that I am not blamed for Bubba136's seemingly apparent inability to control himself and what he writes. That, is his alone to manage.

All things said and done, I am not hopeful. What has gone before has soured things. You're all pals together, while I'm a newcomer, and I imagine it will not be me who gets the kid glove treatment. So, regardless of outcome, I doubt I'll stick around. After this, I am not sure I would want to. At least I got to say what I needed to say. And I'd do it over again. Always did, always shall.

So, why are you pursuing this! I already told you I was sorry if you took my posting the wrong way. So, what more do you want?

I am new at this so I hope I don't get on any ones nerves.

Welcome to hhplace, Strapy6. I really doubt that you'll get on anyone's nervers. We're always eager to read about a new member's experiences and how their love for heels began. :wave:

rebop24! Are you really a new member or are you a reincarnation of an old member that was banned for unruly behavior under another user name?

I ask this because you sound and behave exactly like another member that was banned a year ago or longer. You have exactly the same self-righteous, pompous, arrogant, over inflated, bloated, egotistical, condescending attitude just like Heelfan has/had. And if you are, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you managed to weasel your way back onto the forum.

(I would never expect you to admit it if you were, though....but, as large and a populated as the UK is, there can't possibly be two people with identical character flaws like that in the UK).

Apologies in advance for the length of this, but it needs saying.

Holy shit, for somebody who joins a community to make new friends, you sure have a way with people huh... Been here 5 minutes, and your shouting your mouth off to people who you dont know, and judging them based on things you clearly know nothing about of them...

Fairy nuff, we dont really want members like this here anyway, the sun shines better when the grey clouds are gone...

Please consider yourself unwelcome, oh, and banned. Case closed.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!