small metal plate under the pointy toe

alicia

Hi Alicia, sorry I don't know its official name I have them on almost every pair of pointy toed heels, if they're not supplied with the shoes I take them to my local cobbler and get him to fit them for me. Their purpose is to protect the tip of the sole from being ground down on a pointy toe. It doesn't take long with a pointy toe for it to wear down and the point will always touch and rub the ground with every step you take forward... and then it wears down and ultimately damages the upper as well. They're fun cause you tap the tip on hard floors as well as the heel.... rgds Heel-Lover

• 3 weeks later...

When you find the name of that "plate" that you describe, can you please post it. My favorite pair of pointy toe ankle boots is worn thru in the toe section and well, I'll keep wearing these before I but another pair so as not to keep wearing the toe section.

the toe plates or blakeys require a sole to nail to, if you've worn the toe out these are not the solution! Take them to your cobblers & get a toe piece put on them first. I haven't got my camera here today so can't show you what they look like. If I remember it I'll take a picture next week. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

I have 5p's on the tips of my cowboy boots, they are quite long and high and I cant help scuffing the fronts but the coins are doing the trick. when you have spent £200 on a pair of boots, 10p aint a lot extra. Oh, didnt go for superglue, used the araldite that is grey/black in colour then it can be quite a tidy job, (hope Lee approves :wave:)

The angels have the phonebox.