Do you have friends (men) that wear high heels

Mint Cyrus

Oh hell no - - - ! I live in the land of Football, 4WD trucks, Hunters, Farmers and Beer. If you don't participate in at least 3 of the above mentioned items, your gay accordingly. These guys couldn't pick a wine off the wine list to save their marriage (neither could the wives) not that they would even go to an eatery that actually had a wine list. Hec, most of the women around me rarely ever wear a heel. I'm already considered an odd sort, so even suggesting such an activity such as men wearing heels would get me pretty much run out of town.

gee heelster, it sure sounds like you live in:rolleyes: "HICKSVILLE":-? ('course I dont know offhand where you exactly live) but I can really relate to the mentality of the kind of people in wherever you do happen to live, not very open-minded past their own little town it seems.

gee heelster, it sure sounds like you live in:rolleyes: "HICKSVILLE":-?

Let's put it this way - - 3 family reunions cover 90% of the population. The favorite parts of the local annual festival include Demo Derby, Tractor Pull, and the beer tent. The local garden club decided to quite doing flower shows at this festival due to lack of interest. Don't forget the Militant Evangelicals.

Yep - it's Hicksville

Not yet sadly, but it definitely would raise the fun level when you go heeling together. Actually this would count for female, ts, [insert at will] friends as well ... i wouldn't care for the sex (or would it be gender? - pls correct me ... i'm no native speaker ... would really appreciate it), it's more a matter of passion. :)

Oh gosh no, absolutely none around here at all. If it weren't for this website, I would think I was an alien from outer space for wanting to do this at all in public. Thank goodness for this site for letting me know there is a good number of us out there. I wish I could meet up someday with people from this site in person, but real life scheduling conflicts and money (aka being able to just fly out for a heel meet on a whim) gets in the way of that. In the grand scheme of things, out of the nearly 7 billion people on this planet, we are still a very small number here sadly. :)

My circumstance is very similar to the majority here. We have to think anew. Heeling is not a disease, it's a choice. I know it's easy to say this, but our programming and the social attitude often curtaiils our walking out the door while wearing our choice of footwear. This prevalent social attitude only exist, because our "friends" haven't got a good reason to consider other wise. You could be that reason. You can't continue to live in a bubble, while they see you exhibit your desire to heel. Your social skills are needed to help them be more comfortable with you and the idea of your heeling. When your out heeling, look for ways to involve others in a short and appropriate idea exchange or a search to find an object, even if you already know the results or placement. It the situation of: "There are times when something is in plain sight, but you can't see it kind of thing", or "You have an opinion concerning their selection of topics or items. Just be comfortable. People are mainly good and want to be helpful, or at least feel helpful, and important. This kind of venture also necessitates you being concerned for the person they are too. You know, be a friend to who ever is within your awareness. In my area of residence, there is a couple who seem to come out outside shortly after I return and park my vehicle, if I had left in heels. We have talked in a kind of greeting, but we haven't really conversed. I'm thinking of making an effort to visit with them the next time, if the situation seems applicable. At least I'll be more comfortable knowing why they are out there at these particular times and hopefully enrich a good friendship.

"There are times when something is in plain sight, but you can't see it kind of thing"

You reminded me with that quote of the invisible gorilla psychology test:

People are really bad at noticing things around them. Science Friday had the same guys that did that test on http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129934804 just 2 days ago. There is another test you can do as well linked there.

Short story: Humans suck at multitasking and noticing things that occur outside of their focus. We don't notice how badly we don't notice things. I know seems like circular logic but its true. Most of the population by and large won't notice a guy in heels even if they look directly at them. Unless someone has a reason to notice someones shoes, they will pass over them with a cursory glance. It was starting to bug me that even in my Jessica Simpson boots nobody seemed to give me a second glance (they are loud). Now granted I've always wore cowboy boots under pants so I suppose that makes a difference. But I've pretty much learned some more about human behavior by wearing heels.

Ok enough offtopic nonsense. No, I don't have any male friends that wear high heels. Have one that has odd shoes like earth shoes which really confuse me since the height is under the toes, like a reverse high heel. I haven't even seen any of my friends wear cowboy boots for that matter. Sneakers and combat boots or loafers for work is the gamut of most guys shoe repertoire.

As for the wearing of heels. Just do it, make it work and don't try to proselytize people around you. Least thats my plan. People at work noticed the cowboy boot part of the shoes I was wearing more so than the heel. In fact nothing was actually said at all about the 4"ish heels on my boots outside of "you don't seem like the cowboy boot type at all". Amused me since I have ridden horses since I was 2-3 years old, not something I commonly talk about though. But yes, wearing heels isn't a mental disease or anything, just a choice, much like what color shirt to wear. It is after all just a piece of clothing.

Holy crap that was long, sorry in squirrel banter mode apparently.

None that I'm aware of..... key word, : aware.... But I'd bet that in my circle of acquaintences, there's probably one or more guys who would like to, or do; wear heels....

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Only virtual for me too - the good folks that I have met here. Hopefully - time and distance permitting - that will change in future and some of us will become real mates.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

We (I'm including my wife as part of this since she helps me pick out heels, and wears them too) have two friends (one guy and one girl) that know I wear heels. Our male friend claims he wears heels when he crossdresses, but we have never actually seen him wear heels. Our female friend has seen me in a pair of open toe pumps while wearing guy jeans and a polo shirt. I was getting some "heel time" in at home while the kids were at school when she stopped by to give something to my wife. Knowing she is a bit into the alternative life style, I figured she wouldn't be put off by me being in heels. She liked the look and suggested we go shopping someday. I may have to take her up on the offer.

Other than my friend Gary who owns Skyscraperheels in CHicago, I don't have any friends that wear heels...that I know of. I have met MANY men through that store and one more recenty at Bakers that wear and love heels but they were not friends. I stopped into my friend's store yesterday as I had some business in Chicago and wore a pair black suede wedge ankle boots (5" heel) into the store. Everybody here would feel right at home there!! I suppose as hhplace forumers try to meet each other will drastically increase the number of "friends" we can say we know who wear heels. After all...we can't fully appreciate each other's tastes until we meet in person. Until then we have the Web and this forum to enrich our lives:wavey: HappyinHeels