Public heeling - what do you guys wear out and about

Heelster

So I'm looking at my small collection of heels, and I noticed that most of my shoes would be a dead giveaway if I wore them with jeans. Even my shorter wedge in black is a peep toe, and I'm not sure I want to make my first juant in these - at least not yet. What do you normally wear out and about, or what would you recommend?

I wear boots in public, with either jeans or trousers and a shirt. They are less obvious than shoes, especially if they have a round or square toe and thick heel. Depending on how much of the heel I want to show I wear different leg length jeans/trousers. Some of my jeans are also bootcut fit and work well with boots.

Hi, Pumps, Peeptoes, Slingbacks, Dorsays, Mules and some strappy sandals. No platforms, stiletto heels only. Skirt Suits (A-line or Pencil) Hem line and heel height firstly depends on the practicalities of what I need to do that day, and then on my mood. I gave up hiding my heels when I realised everyone noticed them anyway... Cheers Heel-Lover

I gave up hiding my heels when I realised everyone noticed them anyway...

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I don't try to hide the fact that I am wearing heels when Im out anymore too. It's point less, people are going to look if they want and most people don't really care. As far as the type's I wear Mj's for the most part with mostly a rounded toe and verying height's. I do have a pair of patten pumps I wear sometime's and a pair of t-straps. Heel styles are mostly a thinker heel. It just depends on my mood. I think if you stick with a black or brown shoe with a closed toe and a thick heel most people don't notice!

I think if you stick with a black or brown shoe with a closed toe and a thick heel most people don't notice!

Unless you are wearing very short trousers or a skirt:silly::):silly:

Al

Sandals in the summer and clogs in the winter. Most of my sandals have heels from 2 to 3 inches, my collection consists of thongs, wedgies, slides and strappy; with chunky and kitten heels (ref my avatar). Most all of my heels are definitely fem looking but I wear them anyway - proudly. My advice Heelster is to start out gradually and build up your confidence, and after a while you will find out that wearing heels in public is no big deal! Most folks don't notice, some (a very few) may laugh or stare, some my even compliment you (I've had a few), but most all folks won't notice or care... But most of all, have fun!! See ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

My shoes (the high stiletto courts), in the present attitude, are the publicly accepted footwear usually worn by women. They are the shoes with the properties of the footwear I have always desired to wear, even though society hasn't approved, it didn't delete my desire. In fact, through causing me to hide my desire to heel, society has strengthened my need to wear stiletto court shoes to a type of fetishistic state. Had society let me exercize my right to choose the shoes I desired, my mental attention could have been more focused on the social, the technical, and/or the mortality issues we have had to deal with in our time period. I realize this is a rationale, for I could have been more aggressive despite my need to wear heels, but this is how it has played out in my circumstances. There have been achievements I can take pride in helping to become realizations, but now I can also see so much more that could have been, had I'd have been more singularly focused. Having the desire to wear high heels isn't the issue here. It is the social stereotypying that lumps everyone into categories they don't necessarily qualify in. People have their own set of personality traits and desires, which don't always follow the ideal guidelines of society. By limiting people into certain characteristics that may not be within their ability to do, an adaptation may be achieved. A left handed person learning to write with their right hand is possible, but the awkwardness or the unfamiliarity makes it harder and they will always prefer to use the natural tendencies of their left hand. The same idea fits with different personalities. One person can't know actually what the other person thinks or desires. They may get clues to some things, but every thought process is an individual path that may be affected by the course of daily living. The whole point of this soapboxing is to be who you are. If wearing stilettos is a part of that, then you should. The real question is: "What are your goals in this area and will your choices fulfil your desires for the appearances you want to be recognized as being you?" Why is it so hard to be comfortable with ourselves and easy being what others expect? It's the atmosphere we have been raised in. We have the chance to do better for everyone's benefit, whether they know it or not.

The whole point of this soapboxing is to be who you are. If wearing stilettos is a part of that, then you should. The real question is: "What are your goals in this area and will your choices fulfil your desires for the appearances you want to be recognized as being you?" Why is it so hard to be comfortable with ourselves and easy being what others expect? It's the atmosphere we have been raised in. We have the chance to do better for everyone's benefit, whether they know it or not.

Nicely put

Al

Having the desire to wear high heels isn't the issue here. It is the social stereotypying that lumps everyone into categories they don't necessarily qualify in. People have their own set of personality traits and desires, which don't always follow the ideal guidelines of society. By limiting people into certain characteristics that may not be within their ability to do, an adaptation may be achieved. A left handed person learning to write with their right hand is possible, but the awkwardness or the unfamiliarity makes it harder and they will always prefer to use the natural tendencies of their left hand. The same idea fits with different personalities. One person can't know actually what the other person thinks or desires. They may get clues to some things, but every thought process is an individual path that may be affected by the course of daily living.

I don't wear heels much publicly; I wear denim skirts with conventional men's shirts and for the most part, men's shoes [although I do have some heels].

I have to put up with narrow-minded people from time to time when I go about my business wearing skirts.

My advice is to just wear what you're comfortable with. If you dont't think you're up to wering any of your current heels out, then go look at some style that you feel you would wear. Obviously everyone on this site has different tastes and comfort levels. My taste is 99% boots. And my comfort level is 100% that. I could wear any boot out regardless of te heel or toe style. But now there are a few shoes I like, but I can't see me wearing them out in public. I just don't think I could get away with a pump/court etc. Again, my point is to just stick with something YOU are comfortable with. Happy heeling!

Well gentlemen, looks like I'm gonna be out shopping. I've spotted a couple styles of below the knee boots that should be suitable for cooler weather freeway cycle riding, and functional as an all around boot. All have 3" to 3-1/2" heels. May look at some other options of somewhat less obvious heels, All depends on what's on the store shelves. Ordering online usually causes me to make returns.

Nicely put

Al

"The whole point of this soapboxing is to be who you are.: Yeah! But, I would take care not to introduce your dog to strangers as your wife, should your desires run in that direction.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I wear open toe pumps usually that are brown or natural leather. I just like my toes to show a little. I have in the past worn a black heeled oxford style out and nobody seemed to notice. Remember whatever you choose wear them with pride and grace.:)

For a large percentage of my public heels, I lean toward those that are as plain looking as possible while worn under jeans. That usually ends up being ankle/knee high boots, or oxford or mary jane type shoes. I try to pick dark colors (most are black or brown), and those that are do not have a shiny finish, they usually have a round toe box, chunky heel or wedge heel, and a small platform (0.5 - 1", since most men's shoes technically have a small platform, and this also helps the shoe to not look so small on my feet to others). Also, whenever possible, I try to find shoes that use a quieter sounding material on the heel/base as to not make as much clacking noise on the floor (to not attract extra attention through noise). In fact, I have a number of rubber soled or rubber base lined heels in my collection, which can be harder to find.

well I usually wear either my DEMONIA (avitar) boots or my aerosole boots, cause they are easy to walk in for a long time, my NINE WEST boots (on the occasion I decide to put them on) is mostly around the house, those being more sensible when I dont have to do a lot of walking.:)

Today I went to have some papers copied, to the grocery store, to Best Buy for DVDs, to neighbors for garden fresh tomatos. Out for about three hours or more in jeans W/ 5 3/4" , Black Patent leather,high heel oxfords. Shoes from Heelbuys.com This for me is everyday. Mike

Well, it depends on the weather, the time of day, my mood etc.etc. One thing I always do is to have a good long look in the mirror. I don't care a hoot how loud the heels click or how obvious the extream height of my high heels, but I do care how the whole appearance is co-ordinated. I wear hats, a little makeup, scarfs, some jewelry; it depends on many factors. RULES : never try to hide anything / always please your own eyes before those of the public / assert your style and taste in the same way the rest of the world does ! M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Mikeheel-I like your philosophy. Heelster-I would love to post a link of my high heels but I don't know how. I have met one H H Place member who may show me how to do it. Some years ago some of my photos appared in Stiletto Magazine. All I had to do there was take the pictures and send them to publisher Michael Jackson. Final note, can't waite till the weather cools so I can wear my corsets too. Mike

Well, it depends on the weather, the time of day, my mood etc.etc. One thing I always do is to have a good long look in the mirror. I don't care a hoot how loud the heels click or how obvious the extream height of my high heels, but I do care how the whole appearance is co-ordinated. I wear hats, a little makeup, scarfs, some jewelry; it depends on many factors.

RULES : never try to hide anything / always please your own eyes before those of the public / assert your style and taste in the same way the rest of the world does !

M

Hi Mike

Great post

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

hi, i only wear mens clothing and outfits, but shoe wise anything goes, always boots, any lentgh, any heel height up to 4" stilletto, either under or over jeans, if a woman can wear them then why cant i? the buzz is similar to that of getting ready to board a large rollercoaster, adrenaline and excitement

Mens jeans and a shirt, and a pair of 4" stiletto ankle boots.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I wear a black jacket and jeans with various pairs of stiletto black or brown boots in public. My boots that I use in public have heel heights between 4 and 5 inches. Usually I wear then under jeans , but the the jeans are fairly slim and clearly show almost all the heel when standing and the entire heel when walking. I can see this from my reflection in shop windows as I walk along. Recently I was on business in another town and bought a new pair of boots. With the intent to finally pick up the courage to wear black knee length boots outside my jeans. They have 5" heels and a small platform and an almond shaped toe. I decided to try them on in the shop before buying them. They fitted great and I walked around to see how they felt. The female sales assistant and 2 other female customers looked at me but said nothing. When paying I asked her if they sold many such boots to men. She answered no and laughed saying that it was really unusual. After leaving the shop I walked around with them under my jeans. They are pretty comfy to walk in allowing a natural easy stride. It was early evening and just turning dusk in the walking streets and there were still plenty of people around as the shops were just closing. Walking around with my boots under my jeans was as usual great fun but I got vitually no visible reactions from people. I sat on a bench in a relatively empty walking street, unzipped the boots and re-zipped them over my jeans. I felt a new level of anxiousness mixed with excitement as I was now more clearly exposed. Standing up and begining to walk around felt the same of course because the boots had not changed, but I somehow expected a different feeling. The unchanged feeling allowed my courage level to rise. My reflection in the shop windows was now far more dramatic and I thought there was no way people could not notice. I kind of wanted to be noticed, but was also apprehensive at the thought. Amazingly as I started to walk past people there was still no reaction. I kept my head high and kept walking. A few poeple seemed to stare blankly at me , but still no obvious reactions. As my courage grew I walked into streets with more people around. I walked a little more heavily on the heels to get a louder click clack out of them. In total after about 45 minutes the only clear reaction I got was a wolf whistle (which was great even if it was sarcastic) from a group of people sitting at an outside cafe having drinks. After this it was back to my hotel. I managed to pluck up the courage to walk through reception across the tiled floor which was somehow tougher than walking in the street and then back to my room to relax from the buzz of my new level of heeling.

Great question. Up until about four or five years ago I predominantly wore high heel thigh Boots over tight fitting jeans, usually black jeans and also I had off white jeans and blue jeans. I not only enjoy having the heels of the Boot show but also the entire Boot. Our family has always been into equestrian sports and though I had many pairs of riding pants/jodhpurs I used them for riding (and they weren't in the best of shape). Cathy suggested one day that I should try a pair of jodhpurs under my thigh Boots when we heading out to do some downtown shopping in Vancouver. Thought why not and really enjoyed the look and the feel. I immediately decided to buy some jodhpurs specifically for my public heeling in thigh Boots and keep them away from the riding stables! These days it is rare if I am not wearing riding pants/jodhpurs when I am out and about in Boots, both high heel and cavalier styles. I have five different pairs of high end German custom made jodphurs including a black suede leather pair that i am wearing in the attached photo with Jean Gaborit thigh Boots; photo taken by Cathy while at the 2008 Worldwide Heel Meet in London at Camden Market. Cheers, David

post-2164-133522924791_thumb.jpg

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

The other photo is from the 2008 Worldwide Heel Meet; white dressage riding pants with same Boots.

Great question.

Up until about four or five years ago I predominantly wore high heel thigh Boots over tight fitting jeans, usually black jeans and also I had off white jeans and blue jeans. I not only enjoy having the heels of the Boot show but also the entire Boot. Our family has always been into equestrian sports and though I had many pairs of riding pants/jodhpurs I used them for riding (and they weren't in the best of shape). Cathy suggested one day that I should try a pair of jodhpurs under my thigh Boots when we heading out to do some downtown shopping in Vancouver. Thought why not and really enjoyed the look and the feel. I immediately decided to buy some jodhpurs specifically for my public heeling in thigh Boots and keep them away from the riding stables! These days it is rare if I am not wearing riding pants/jodhpurs when I am out and about in Boots, both high heel and cavalier styles. I have five different pairs of high end German custom made jodphurs including a black suede leather pair that i am wearing in the attached photo with Jean Gaborit thigh Boots; photo taken by Cathy while at the 2008 Worldwide Heel Meet in London at Camden Market.

Cheers,

David

post-2164-133522924794_thumb.jpg

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"