How many times have you seen other men wear heels in public?

The Shark

I saw only one in my life, he was entering an new estate agency near my street. He wore white dandy shoes like Archie Eyebrows' ones with at least 2" block heels. Appart from that, never. What I don't understand is that there are here men that wore heels nearly full time for years. Yet none of the men that saw them were tented to do the same for the sake of fashion. Anyway, going yesterday through the local mall in my heels that were totally visible, I hoped some guys here only need to see that a man could do it to do the same. Thus I made all my possible to be well noticed ... (being 6ft 3'' helps, and the heels were noisy). But reading this thread somehow destroyed this hope.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with the up comming event. I have something for you all! I lived in Las Vegas Nv. for 24 years. Working in Security. And I have seen it all. But in all my time, I have only seen a large number of women in heels. ( you woundn't be how meany heels I have seen) love it. And all that time I have only seen 2 men in real heels, not even women heels, not counting the CD's. Don't get me wrong CD's have there thing and that is ok with me. Yes this city has a good number of CD's. Not a thing wrong with that but they early don't come out on the Strip that much. I have seen CD's going up to room at hotels but that is about it. So I want to say I'll be happy to see real men in heels out here to make a real statement. What happen in Las Vegas stays in Vegas (Don't you be leave it) if some how we could make a statement to show the world that would be something, I would like to see us doing our thing. Make them understand that men like heels and like to wear them. Thats my feeling, What do you think my friends??? :-)))

1234tazzer, One of the guys that you saw in Vegas wearing heels might possibly have been me. I have worn heels (sandals) as a guy in Vegas quite often. The wife and I are planning another trip there in March and, guess what, I will be wearing heels then too!! Try it, it's fun!!! sf But sadly, I have never seen another guy out in heels. It's a lonely life for us public heelers.....

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Seems my poll "do you know men that buy things in the women department" explain a few things. Lets' imagine a guy seeing one of us looking great in heels. Next time he is purchasing shoes, he will look for something approaching. He enters the store. The signs tells "men, right" and "women, left". So he goes to the right. Does he find great looking shoes with heels ? (there are actually heeled shoes sold in mens section. Grandma wore the same). Of course he finds none. Either he buys another pair or he goes out of the store, hoping for a better choice in the next one. But there he will repeat the same error. I am sure no guy in this situation will even have the beginning of a brilliant thought like "turn your head to the left"... Except guys at hhplace of course ! But they rarely see other guys wearing heels...

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen two men wearing heels...actually the last one I saw was trying on heels. The first time I saw a man wearing heels - I was at a Macys, ironically, looking at heels. Next thing I know I see a man in a suit. I just glanced over and had to double take but he was wearing heels and dark hosiery (not sure if it was dress socks). I wanted to ask him about wearing heels in public, but felt nervous to approach him. The second time was just last Friday. I started off at Saks Fifth Ave. This time I was out I was actually looking for pantyhose. Anyway, upon entering was the stairway down to the women's shoes. What a sight to see - Stuart Weitzman, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik. I knew I couldn't afford to buy (at least right now), but it would've been nice to try. Just as I was looking I saw an older man in a suit trying on heels. I didn't get to see which ones he was trying, but it almost made me want to try them myself. Fast forward - I go to Neiman Marcus. I make my way to the women's shoes, and again the same man was there trying on shoes. While I was there I saw a gorgeous pair of Navy patent Christian Louboutin on display, which happened to be my size, and I wanted to try on. Alas, too many sales people were around where I was. I made my way to the hosiery section, and again, the man walked by there looking at pantyhose as well (I was talking to the sales lady), AND, he had in hand a bag of the heels he bought. I tried to look for him afterward to ask, but he was no where to be found. That was a very good day to go heel shopping.

London, Saturday March 12th, early afternoon. Two men in heels spotted at the end of S. Molton Street. They were sat at a table outside the Pig in the Pound pub having a drink. Both tall. One wearing 3 inch heel wood-sole platform sandals. The other wearing blue 5 inch heel shoes with a small platform and wide straps. Only a few people spotted the shoes it seems, most went by without noticing. Spotted again several hours later at the end of Ofxford Street, but one had changed into red and white 3 inch thin heel sandals that looked to be a size too small. A few people noticed, one girl pointing them out to her partner and giggling for ages. She couldn't keep her eyes off the blue 5 inch pair. Probably thinking "I couldn't walk in those".

I don't know if this counts. But at my local Spring store, the (true) manager that was on leave (she had a kid) has now returned over the last week. And yesterday I was up to welcome her back, see what was new, and pine over the fact they shipped most of their boots back to the company. Anyway, she told me that since she got back a guy, she discribed has having pretty features, passed in an order slip to pick up a pair of shoes. And they turned out to be a pair of black, 4 inch stiletto, peep toe pumps, size 11! She said he pulled his card out of a woman's wallet that they use to sell there. So she thinks they were for him. So she didn't come out and ask him but she did do the whole "Now if you find they don't fit or are not the right style, please feel free to bring them back and we'll try to find something else." She's really awesome, she just wanted him to know that he can be free to shop there. So I told her to let me know if she sees him on a regular basis. I'd be interested to know if there was another heeler here in town lol.

• 1 month later...

Not counting 'western' boots with with about a 1" or so heel on a few occasions I have never seen a guy wearing heels except for when they might try heels on at a party mucking around ... and they never fit anyway so it is not as though they could actually walk around in them. I live in Perth Australia. Maybe men wearing high heels has not made it here yet .... or I go to the wrong parties and clubs. Christine.

• 1 month later...

I have seen one other guy wearing heels at night in Fairfield, Maine. He was wearing baggy cloths, a baseball cap and stiletto boots walking on the side of the road. Obvious out for a change to wear high heels out and about, but also trying to do it in secret I suspect. I wanted to stop and talk but decided at this stage of his heel wearing he probably would of run away if I'd stopped. Better to just let him enjoy his heels. I have had other coworkers tell me there is this guy who nude sunbaths in the not so private area of his back yard wearing only stiletto pumps.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

i saw someone the other day at nordstoms he was walking around the store modeling the shoes he was trying on for the salesperson and his female friend. He seemed very confident and it looked like he was having a great time trying on amazing heels.

Never in public - but i have come across the owner of the business featured in "Kinky Heels" and he was standing at the bar in his own product. It did look a tad incongruous - he was in T shirt and his jeans were rolled up to the calf to show off the product. This was at a Tranny Weekend and there were lots of men in heels and dresses, but he was the only man in male mode in heels.

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

I've seen quite a few... Let me think. In no particular order: 1. A youngish man probably about 20, in Aldo, Oxford Street, London. I was buying a pair of heels that I didn't have the guts to try on as they would have got stares even if a women had tried them on, and there were some dodgy kids in the shop and I couldn't be bothered with the stares. I was in the queue and saw him sitting on one of the stools with a female sales assistant and a few pairs of quite high block heeled lace ups and short boots. He looked like he was a young gay theatre dancer guy from Soho. I felt silly for not trying on the heels I bought that day. I have seen about 30 men in shoe shops trying on heels. 2. I was at a fashion party for a company my friend used to do P.R for. We were at a really trendy East London bar at a rooftop party during London Fashion Week. I went down to the loo. When I went back into the hallway a group of about 5 or 6 trendy guys strolled by. A few of them were wearing very high designer 5 or 6 inch platform stiletto short boots. They looked a bit prententious and had obviously done it more for fashion than a desire to wear them. 3. Years ago I was in the loo at the original Concorde club in Brighton. A really handsome, modellish, guy walked in unzipped and started to wee. He had an aura of nonchalance about him. I noticed he was wearing a little makeup, foundation, lipstick and quite fierce eyeliner. He was washing his hands and I noticed he had on a pair of 4 inchish laceup chunky, but still stilettoesque brogues. He was wearing a really skinny tailored suit and a fedora. He looked really cool and is probably one of the most influential people I have seen. I wish I had talked to him, but I was only a shy 21 year old and he was about 40 and very confident. Funny that I was in awe of him. Just goes to show the power of a good outfit. I have a friend who wears pretty much what he wants. Sadly he moved to Bali to open a clothing factory. He wears almost all black but with a splash of colour. He has bum length platinum blonde hair and looks like a cutting edge fashion model. He almost always wears heels or slightly feminine shoes of some nature and doesn't care if they are women's or men's in origin. He hates that I have size 7 uk feet as he is too big to find women's shoes in most shops. He said he had a few pairs of really high shoes he wore in private and to more exclusive clubs within the fashion sphere he worked in. He also bought some ballet heels after my girlfriend and I told him we bought some and it was quite possible to walk in them. I miss him and he only visits the UK for a couple of weeks per year and usually spends all of it with family. I have also seen countless men wearing heels at regular night clubs. It's really common in London. I would say that 1 in 5 clubs I have been to have had at least one or two men, obviously as men, in heels. Loads more if you count men in the daytime trying to pass as or possibly pre op living as women. There's about 20 I regularly see in brighton in full women's clothes. Some are really hopeless at dressing and behaving like the elegant women whose clothing style they are trying to emulate. A couple are really classy and very convincing which makes me think there are lots more that are so good I have yet to notice them. Possibly thousands of full on, very gay DRAG Queens all over Brighton at nightclubs and Gay Pride. Some are possible the most beautiful, outlandish creatures I have ever seen. I've seen almost all my Mum's close male friends in full drag for her drag party in about 1992. That was a fun, but very strange, party. I've also spoken to lots of men who have worn heels and lots more who said they were inspired by me to buy/try some. Lots of mens have tried on heels I have been wearing at parties and clubs. I suddenly realised I haven't contributed to this thread and I felt guilty, hence the long old post Cheers Guys, Ben

Never seen any so far and seeing the reaction I got a few weeks ago in Amsterdam in a Espirit shop the sales guy doesn't see a lot either :)

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I've seen quite a few... Let me think.

... I have also seen countless men wearing heels at regular night clubs. It's really common in London. I would say that 1 in 5 clubs I have been to have had at least one or two men, obviously as men, in heels.

Loads more if you count men in the daytime trying to pass as or possibly pre op living as women. There's about 20 I regularly see in brighton in full women's clothes. Some are really hopeless at dressing and behaving like the elegant women whose clothing style they are trying to emulate. A couple are really classy and very convincing which makes me think there are lots more that are so good I have yet to notice them.

Possibly thousands of full on, very gay DRAG Queens all over Brighton at nightclubs and Gay Pride. Some are possible the most beautiful, outlandish creatures I have ever seen. ...

Ben

That's interesting, Ben. I lived in Brighton 1973 - 2000 and saw only a handful of men dressed as women (or as men but in feminine clothing) during the daytime in or around the town centre (say within half a mile of the clocktower). I wonder whether things have changed there - or is it simply that you frequent different parts of the town (sorry - 'city') or are more observant?

I can't comment on the nightlife (clubs are not my scene) although of course I have seen a few obvious 'off duty' drag queens around and about and I agree that they can look quite stunning.

Boy, oh boy! Reading this thread in its entirety gets me super excited and ecstatic for the day I finally see a guy in heels, lol. I don't know why, either. I guess I just want to be reassured that I'm not the only one in my part of town heeling.... or attempting to get back into heeling, haha. I frequent about 3-5 stores at the Mall, and visit timely to 2-3 others (including a non-shoe store), and I'm hoping Some Guy visits my most frequented places. I'm sure to talk up a storm then :)

Formally "HHDude"

A few, but seldom. Once in a mall, once downtown, once at an airport. Once when I got together with a friend from this site.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Even though I am quiet often looking for shoes, try them on, walk around and also walk in heels through the city - except of carnevals preperations - I have seen just 1 guy in heels.

I was walking around in that shop (the sales lady knows me already) in some of high heeled shoes, when a couple came in. Do not charge a book by it´s cover - but I think he was gay and she a good friend of him. He was a teenager/ maybe twen and not very self conscious. Light made-up, a purse, some frilly clothes,... Only funny to see, he wore the same boots as I bought last year (LINK). I think we both knew, that we were living in two worlds. So I had no interest, to talk to him. Same for him.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• 3 weeks later...

Only one man many years ago in the 1980's. He was a customer of a store where I worked and I saw him just about every week. He was buying his shoes from the same catalog(s) I shopped in. I never did talk to him about his shoes/boots as we were to conduct business without comment. We saw some much more unusual things than that I can assure you.

classic style high heel boots

• 3 weeks later...
When I worked for public transit, I saw several, but I would say they were full-time cross-dressers or drag persons. Other than that, I have seen a guy in skinny jeans and 1.5inch wedges. I personally do not count them as heels, but I am sure he does. If I also consider the males I have seen trying them on in a store, there is a few. But I do not think they wear them. I could be wrong.

I was shopping in a DSW store in Chicago last week, and while he wasn't trying shoes on, there was a guy shopping the size 11-12 sale racks. It was apparent to me that he was shopping for himself. I probably should have conversed with him, but I did not.