How many times have you seen other men wear heels in public?

The Shark

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bit off Topic may be but I wore in a bowling Alley one night a pair of clogs with 3 inch heels. In side of the clogs I was sporting some pink, red, white, and orange Toe Socks. They Brought Some Attention.............lol. But I didant care. I think there was some jealous eyes there but oh well, If they take a picture it will last longer.... <3 Asa

I have seen guys in heels a few times now,at the chelsea flower show,in bristol a few months back but just recently a guy in tescos new malden.You couldnt have missed him even before the heels were in sight! he was tanned with a shaved head and light make on,with a leather jacket.I noticed so many people were checking him out but didnt hear one comment apart from a few brain deads whispering to each other,but he looked like he didnt have a care in the world!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Never, is how often I see other men in heels. Here, in Minnesota, it is simply not ever seen. Yesterday was a major snowstorm. I was wearing boots with a 3 1/2 chunky heel. They kept my feet out of the slush. But I was the only one. As always. Heels for men are, to say the least, an extreme rarity. But, what the heck, it is fun to be different.

There was only one time I saw a guy in heels that wasn't during a heel meet or at Halloween. I saw a guy wearing some block heeled boots that were maybe 2-3". They were noticeable enough I did a double take to acknowledge that it was actually a guy.

I can't say a specific number, but over the years starting to notice more. That still being a small number and mostly in the city or the areas of town where that's not a surprise. However, when you're talking Halloween, I was shocked this past one, with how many guys cross dressed at a large party I went to. I of course was fully en-femme as well in 4" heels. A lot of friends there so it makes it easy, those are the most enjoyable times

Here in Argentina I've seen some guys in cowboy boots that have maybe 1.5" heels. But heels, like in women footwear; 2", 3, or 4"; block or stiletto, in the street: never. Just myself

A week ago Monday, I had my favorite encounter yet with a man in heels. I was in Williamsburg on Bedford Avenue, when outside of Fabienne's a patisserie on North 5th, I noticed a guy wearing high heel wedges. I got closer and realized that they were a pair of Dior shoes from several years ago that I so admired that I put pictures of them on my wall. He was sitting on the bench smoking a cigarette, so I offered my profuse compliments. I wish I'd ask to take a picture. I'm sure from my enthusiasm, he knew that I wished I was in his shoes. -MJ

Here in Idaho and Wyoming, (excluding Halloween parties and walk a mile in her shoes), never... if we are talking pumps, stilettos, court shoes, etc.... absolutely never. But if we are talking cowboy boots (up to 3") and Dansko clogs (2") , then yes, but that's it.

Perhaps a dozen in 3 years. Those of us who do are a very small percentage of those who buy/own and therefore could. We're going nowhere fast guys! I talk to lots of folks and on the whole they are ok with it, although some don't see the point, or are just ammused. Imagine yourself as a street entertainer, brightening up peoples otherwise dull and routine existances. There, feel better already.

totter along into history

In the mid-to-late 70's, a lot. (They were men's wedges and platforms). I had

amassed quite a few pair, and even frequently wore 3" platform boots to work.

In more recent times saw 5 guys, shopping in hh pumps, spike heel boots, at our local hh get-together in North Canton, Ohio in 2008. I had a nice time that

day and look forward to the next get-together in in n.e. Ohio. There was a get-together recently, but I couldn't make it.

In the mid-to-late 70's, a lot. (They were men's wedges and platforms). I had

amassed quite a few pair, and even frequently wore 3" platform boots to work.

In more recent times saw 5 guys, shopping in hh pumps, spike heel boots, at our local hh get-together in North Canton, Ohio in 2008. I had a nice time that

day and look forward to the next get-together in in n.e. Ohio. There was a get-together recently, but I couldn't make it.

We had a fun time once again sab. Sorry u missed it along with a few others like happyfeet etc. There will be another hopfully this spring.:wave:

real men wear heels

I work in a (popular, national) department store, sometimes as a greeter (doorperson) and after 5 years, I've only ever seen one male wearing heels but he was fully dressed as a woman and I think they were only 2 inch heels. Rather co-incidentally, another member of this forum has been heeling at the shopping centre (or "mall" for those outside of Australia) where I work but I have never seen him. Only one other time I have seen another man in heels. I remember it very clearly... I was going through the express registers at a supermarket and looked across to the 'normal' registers, which is when I saw him. This man had stubble on his chin, long straight hair (probably 5cm (2 inch)) down from his shoulders and a large stomach. He wore a plain black t-shirt and blue jeans with these chunky 3 inch boots that sat (awkwardly) below the calf but well above the ankle over the jeans. Not a good look at all but I actually admire both men for dressing as they want to.

Call me Tights!

You know, if you`re lucky to see a man in heels, better chance he would be gay or crossdresser. But you have a very low % that happen. So that is the reality but just need to accept that cause you cannot see a simple man wearing high heels without be gay or crossdresser. I know this is shitting.

How can we expect to see others to wear their heels publicly if we aren't willing to heel out in public. The more it happens the more others will catch the idea that they can also, if they have the desire, but lack the support. It's our own inhibitions that deter us from breaking this man-made mold.

I agree 100%, cause I went to the local mall today (black friday) & I saw dozens of Women in high heel boots (a lot were really nice too):) but to tell the truth, no men were in heels of any kind (& I saw 100s of people today too I might add) I did go to STEVE MADDEN & liked what I saw, some very good styles!

In rather more than 50 years of 'street observation' of shoes in general, I have seen very few men in heels going about their normal business in public, ignoring the many men who wore cuban heeled boots or clumpy platform shoes when they were normal men's fashions in the 1960s/1970s and a few over the years in fairly tame cowboy boots or the recent cuban styles. Perhaps half a dozen crossdressers of varying fidelity, only one of whom (circa 1964, outside my school of all places!) impressed me with his choice of high stilettos. And, perhaps another half dozen in male mode but wearing high-heeled footwear that was almost certainly marketed as women's - and half of them were fellow HHP members. The most extreme was Xaphod wearing 4" blade heeled boots, sharing my Underground train. I don't frequent clubs so I can't comment on what might be worn there, either on normal nights or for Halloween or other fancy dress occasions. I have been to a few pubs with drag shows etc but, aside from the performers, cannot recall any sightings amongst the clientele. Strange really - I would have expected to see more. But maybe they are simply discreet to the point of being invisible - as I should prefer to be.

Never saw anyone here in NYC area either (except cross dressers) but not men in regular "men wear" wearing high heels.

Come downtown or to Williamsburg. I see men in heels about four times a year in those areas.

-MJ

ps: I'm not counting myself!

• 5 weeks later...

Last week when I was shopping in a local supermarket I had my first sight of a man wearing what looked like 4" wedge heels. Unfortunatelly I was just checking out when he entered the market, otherwise would have talked to him. I am really glad that my assumption to be the only man wearing heels publicly in my town (around 50000 inhabitants in southern Germany) prove to be wrong. Hope to see him again.

How often do you happen to see other guys in heels?

Approximately seven times in the last three years, usually at bars, though once at an international airport.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

How can we expect to see others to wear their heels publicly if we aren't willing to heel out in public.

Good point! I wear heels all the time, even while taking out the trash.

You?

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.